GUILTY NC - Goldie Gilliken Hall, 90, Gales Creek, 19 Sept 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Updated link from earlier
http://www.wcti12.com/news/Body-of-...ods/-/13530444/16678164/-/77v2kd/-/index.html
Hall's body was found in a wooded area in Carteret County behind a flea mall in Newport.

The pic did not look to have been in a wooden area. It looks more like an open area.

Just to leave poor Ms. Goldie out in the elements like that makes me even more furious.

I hope she has a beautiful funeral/send off and is celebrated by the people who truly love her.

:please:

Also when I ran her name on my paid site, I did not find anything violent...lots of forgery, uttering, worthless checks, larceny and probation violations!

Maybe she was writing checks & forging from Aunt Goldie and she found found out & confronted Rhonda. Just a theory - not based on anything other than Rhonda's priors.

Maybe she was writing checks & forging from Aunt Goldie and she found found out & confronted Rhonda. Just a theory - not based on anything other than Rhonda's priors.

That is possible. This is a heartbreaking case, and if she did this alone it makes it even harder to believe, most women feel that elder like children should be taken care of!:maddening:

Now that's what I call a good neighbor.

Body of missing woman, 90, found in woods
Neighbor saw suspect leaving crime scene, behave suspiciously

Newport resident Larry Parmley lives next to the crime scene, and said he witnessed the suspect leaving the woods around 8 a.m. Friday, a day after Hall's house was torched.

"I just happened to look at the road in front of my house, and there was a van here," Parmley said in an interview Thursday. "And I'm curious about anybody who pulls up here because its not normal."

Neighbors said Hagan is familiar with the area where the body was found. Her father is an employee at the Garner Farm, across the street from the crime scene.

"She said, 'I'm helping my dad fix the fence because the cows keep getting out.' But I didn't see anyone except her."

Although Hagan said she was fixing a fence Friday morning, Parmley later realized she did not appear to be dressed for hard work.

"I didn't think anything of it, but, she was in a house coat, first thing in the morning," Pamley said. "She was wearing a pair of short pants and either flip flops or bedroom shoes."

Hagan is now held in the Carteret County Jail without bond. Her first appearance was held Thursday morning, where she was charged with murder.

http://www.wcti12.com/news/Body-of-...ods/-/13530444/16678164/-/77v2kd/-/index.html

Now that's what I call a good neighbor.

So did this guy's tip lead LE to finding Mrs Hall? I'd guessed Rhonda had confessed but maybe not. Maybe the neighbor saw her arrest in the news, realized her relationship with the missing woman & called it in. I hope Rhonda did not get a plea deal.

So did this guy's tip lead LE to finding Mrs Hall? I'd guessed Rhonda had confessed but maybe not. Maybe the neighbor saw her arrest in the news, realized her relationship with the missing woman & called it in. I hope Rhonda did not get a plea deal.

Me, too!

It sounds like maybe this man called in what he saw to the cops, and they probably took dogs to sniff out whether there was a grave or body there in the woods. And there was. The neighbor might have suspected that those woods could be a good place to hide a body.

Excellent job, neighbor!!!! I'm so glad he called in her story to the police instead of just going with whatever she said. He probably didn't even completely suspect her but was being cautious and thorough. I like that! He's a hero!

http://www.witn.com/home/headlines/259952151.html

A woman this morning gets life in prison for killing her elderly great-aunt, while her mother has also pleaded guilty in the case.

Rhonda Hagan pleaded guilty to the September 2012 murder of 90-year-old Goldie Hall.... Prosecutors dropped a kidnapping charge against Hagan. She pleaded guilty to first degree murder, second degree arson, larceny from the person and conceal/fail to report a death.

Hagan's mother also pleaded guilty. Phyllis Williams was indicted for accessory after the fact of murder, accessory after the fact of second degree arson, conceal/fail to report a death, and obstruction of justice.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfcortez8
Back