Found Deceased NC - Gregory Thomas, 30, driving to work in heavy rain, Wendell, Wake Co, 17 Mar 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

GuyfromCanada

Reaction score
A Wake County family said they're concerned after Gregory Thomas, a husband and father of two, didn't show up to work on Thursday.

Thomas, who works at Comfort Monster Heating and Air on Corporation Parkway in Raleigh, called his significant other early Thursday as he was driving through Knightdale and heading towards New Bern Avenue. He also told his supervisor that he would be arriving at work around 6:42 a.m., family said.

More at Wake family concerned after man goes missing during heavy rain, doesn’t show up to work :: WRAL.com

Video at link, his age is mentioned.

Search underway for missing Wendell man :: WRAL.com

Wake family concerned after man goes missing during heavy rain, doesn’t show up to work :: WRAL.com

Gregory Thomas didn't show up to work on Thursday, March 17, at Comfort Monster Heating and Air on Corporation Parkway in Raleigh.

GT called his significant other early that Thursday as he was driving through Knightdale and heading towards New Bern Avenue.

He also told his supervisor that he would be arriving at work around 6:42 a.m.

GT was driving a 2012 dark gray two-door Honda Civic with license PEH-1355.

His phone last pinged on Sunnybrook Road near WakeMed.

I wonder why he pinged there? He would have gone well beyond Corporation Pkwy to reach Sunnybrook Road.

Google Maps

ETA: it's a very busy area. I can't imagine an accident that wouldn't have been witnessed. Even that early in the morning.

ETA2: I wonder if there was an accident and his phone pinged by the hospital? Though I'm sure his wife would have called WakeMed looking for him.

Last edited:
Thomas’ sister, Latequa Hyman, said he was driving his dark gray Honda Civic during heavy rain and worries about his safety after communication went out.

“The hurt, the confusion is unbearable,” Hyman said. “Every emotion you can imagine has crossed all of our minds.”

Hyman said Thomas was last seen on surveillance video pumping gas at an Exxon station in Wendell and last spoke to family over a cellphone while driving through Knightdale.

Family, friends searching for missing father of 3 from Wendell | CBS 17

I wonder if he possibly checked himself into behavioral health at the hospital the phone pinged by. He'd have had to have signed authorization allowing them to tell anyone he was there if that were the case.

To me it sounded like he was referring to gps or something when he shared the exact eta
Right, I think he was running late in the heavy rain and he told his boss his GPS said he'd be there at 7:42. Guessing his normal arrival time was 7:30? When dealing with a boss, you want to give exact times.

I think this will be a car accident.

I wonder why he pinged there? He would have gone well beyond Corporation Pkwy to reach Sunnybrook Road.

Google Maps

ETA: it's a very busy area. I can't imagine an accident that wouldn't have been witnessed. Even that early in the morning.

ETA2: I wonder if there was an accident and his phone pinged by the hospital? Though I'm sure his wife would have called WakeMed looking for him.

His wife has checked all local hospitals. The pings have a two mile radius, so he could have been anywhere in that radius. The exact address of the ping is 3620 Poole Rd, and honestly it would make sense if he was on that road as well. He was on camera getting gas at the ExxonMobil in Wendell (in town, not Wendell Falls, if anyone is looking at maps), and its almost a straight shot from his town to the road to get to work, he could bypass the morning traffic and all of the semis on the highway in the rain. I drove the opposite direction only an hour and 15 minutes later, and almost took the backroads myself for that reason. I was just going further than Wendell and there's a place that floods back there, so I just stayed on the highway and went slow.

Source-i live backed up to the highway he would have taken, and about 4 minutes from the most logical backroad to take. The last pinged spot is 3 minutes from my kids school, about 15 minutes from my house. I know the area well, going to drive the backroads today.

Last edited:
Right, I think he was running late in the heavy rain and he told his boss his GPS said he'd be there at 7:42. Guessing his normal arrival time was 7:30? When dealing with a boss, you want to give exact times.

I think this will be a car accident.
Just for the sake of accurate timelines, he said he would be arriving at 6:42, not 7:42. He was on camera getting gas at 6am, so the timeline combined with the rain and early morning traffic would be accurate had he arrived.

Not a lot of local media coverage though social media has taken off.

The AWARE Foundation
***MISSING*** The Wendell Police Department is attempting to locate a missing 30-year-old man from Wendell, NC. Gregory “Greg” Thomas was last seen around 6:15 a.m. getting gas at an Exxon in Wendell, NC on March 17th, 2022. Thomas, who works at Comfort Monster Heating and Air on Corporation Parkway in Raleigh, called his significant other early Thursday as he was driving through Knightdale and heading towards New Bern Avenue. He also told his supervisor that he would be arriving at work around 6:42 a.m. but never arrived. Thomas was driving a 2012 dark gray two-door Honda Civic with license PEH-1355. He was last seen wearing dark blue pants, a purple work shirt with the 'Comfort Monster' logo and a Carhartt jacket. His phone last pinged on Sunnybrook Road near WakeMed. If you have any information on Gregory’s whereabouts, contact the Wendell Police Department at 919-365-4444.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1647698085780.jpg
    FB_IMG_1647698085780.jpg
    178.1 KB · Views: 41
I’m not familiar with the area. I feel like there’s been quite a few “locations” reported in reference to the timeline leading up to his disappearance…so I’m just trying to visualize the route, etc.

I’m having trouble finding his workplace on the map with the given address.

When I search Comfort Monster Heating and Air, Raleigh, the address that comes up is:
  • 4509 Creedmoor Rd Ste 201
    Raleigh, NC 27612
Comfort Monster Heating & Air
Google Maps

Articles have shared:
•Comfort Monster Heating and Air on Corporation Parkway in Raleigh

And the reporter in the video linked in my previous post states the location as:
COMFORT OF MONSTER HEATING AND AIR JUST OFF OF NEW BERN AVENUE HERE IN RALEIGH

I’m not familiar with the area. I feel like there’s been quite a few “locations” reported in reference to the timeline leading up to his disappearance…so I’m just trying to visualize the route, etc.

I’m having trouble finding his workplace on the map with the given address.

When I search Comfort Monster Heating and Air, Raleigh, the address that comes up is:
  • 4509 Creedmoor Rd Ste 201
    Raleigh, NC 27612
Comfort Monster Heating & Air
Google Maps

Articles have shared:
•Comfort Monster Heating and Air on Corporation Parkway in Raleigh

And the reporter in the video linked in my previous post states the location as:
COMFORT OF MONSTER HEATING AND AIR JUST OFF OF NEW BERN AVENUE HERE IN RALEIGH

I'm local but in a different small city so not incredibly familiar with these locations. I am wondering if maybe he was meeting at a job site instead of going into Comfort Monster office. He gave very specific arrival times to his wife and boss when he talked to them that morning. I would think saying something like 6:42am would be because he is quoting what GPS says. If he was going into work, he probably would not need to GPS it.. not sure, only speculation at this point. I haven't found any recent information in news about this. My local moms' group has posted that there has been a meal train set up for the family, but they are advising not to donate to anything requesting money because they haven't set any of those up. Of course a lot of "talk" on social media but nothing from his wife today. She posted a lot yesterday on FB.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Katarinadil
Back