NC - Hania Noelia Aguilar, 13, abducted and murdered, Lumberton, 5 Nov 2018 *Arrest* #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Very doubtful since the Court just approved the withdrawal of one of his former attorneys who had a new job. I believe this will most likely be a status hearing, and perhaps his new attorney will be named. JMO

Oh no - how deflating.... I guess I shall change it to status hearing instead of trial in my notes... darn!! :(

JUL 11, 2024

Michael McLellan, who allegedly kidnapping Hania Aguilar from a yard in the Rosewood Mobile Home Park in the Lumberton area, was recently provided a new attorney to replace one who in June asked to withdraw from the case because of a change in jobs, Robeson County District Attorney Matt Scott said.

The name of the new attorney was not immediately available. McLellan’s trial had been scheduled for July 22. Scott said a new date has not been set.

Monday, July 22nd:
*Status Hearing (All charges) (@ am session ET) – NC – Hania Noelia Aguilar (13) (abducted Nov. 5, 2018, found Nov. 27, 2018, in a shallow pond more than 4 feet deep off Wire Grass Road outside of Lumberton) - *Michael Ray McLellan (34/now 40) indicted (12/3/18), arrested (11/13/18), charged (5/14/19) & indicted (additional charges 5/16/19) with 1st degree murder, 1st degree forcible rape & statutory rape of a person under 15, 1st degree sexual offense & statutory sex offense with a person under 15, 1st degree kidnapping, felony larceny, felony restraint, abduction of a child & concealment of a death. Plead not guilty. Held without bond. DA will seek DP. In Central Prison in Raleigh. Lumberton/Robeson County
DNA found in car matched McLellan.
Trial was set to begin on 7/22/24 but was continued since he received a new lawyer. No further dates available.
Superior Court Judge James Gregory Bell presiding. Robeson County District Attorney Matthew Scott. Defense attorney-unknown.

Hania: see below.
*Charged (12/10/18) & indicted (1/7/19) with 1st degree rape & 1st degree burglary. $5M bond. Revoked (12/10/18). 2016 rape case
Rape/Burglary: see below.
*Charged (2018) with 1st degree kidnapping, 1st degree force sex offense, statutory sex offense with child, larceny of motor vehicle, felonious restraint, abduction of children, concealed/failed to report death of child, 1st degree forcible rape & statutory rape of child. Robeson County
Sex offense: see below.
*Charged (10/15/18) & arrested (11/13/18) with 2nd degree kidnapping, possession of a firearm by felony & attempted robbery with dangerous weapon. (10/15/18 kidnapping case in Fairmont). $2.5M bond. 2018 kidnapping
Court information from 12/7/18 thru 6/8/24 reference post #475 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...-lumberton-5-nov-2018-arrest-5.439361/page-24

6/6/24 Update: Next hearing on 7/8/24 am session for all cases. 7/8/24 Update: McLellan has a new court-appointed attorney. He was recently provided a new attorney to replace one who in June asked to withdraw from the case because of a change in jobs, Robeson County District Attorney Matt Scott said. The name of the new attorney was not immediately available. McLellan’s trial had been scheduled for July 22. Scott said a new date has not been set. Next status hearing on 7/22/24.

6/6/24 Update: Next hearing on 7/8/24 am session for all cases. 7/8/24 Update: McLellan has a new court-appointed attorney. He was recently provided a new attorney to replace one who in June asked to withdraw from the case because of a change in jobs, Robeson County District Attorney Matt Scott said. The name of the new attorney was not immediately available. McLellan’s trial had been scheduled for July 22. Scott said a new date has not been set. Next status hearing on 7/22/24.
Checked the published Criminal Court Calendar for 7/22/24 to next Monday 7/29/22 and McLellan does not appear on the docket. Also, searched by name and he does not populate a future hearing date so we are back to where we've been before. :mad:

Checked the published Criminal Court Calendar for 7/22/24 to next Monday 7/29/22 and McLellan does not appear on the docket. Also, searched by name and he does not populate a future hearing date so we are back to where we've been before. :mad:

Well dang.... thanks for that update. And nothing in articles either - at least nothing that I can find.

Oh this sneaky Defendant. He is playing the game, trying everything to avoid and delay his trial. :mad:
All I can say is that at least that ~man~ is in the slammer...
Grrrrr.
Her parents are probably at their wits' ends.
Sending strength to them in my prayers.

Keep flying high, sweet Hania, keep flying high.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Southshore16
Back