Found Deceased NC - Hania Noelia Aguilar, 13, abducted, Lumberton, 5 Nov 2018 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think not starting the car would be because someone might steal it if it was left running outside the home without the driver - not because it was chilly.

I would not do it if I lived in the area. JMO

You continue to be a wonder, Gardener -- thanks for the maps!

In my years living in L'ton, I never went into those areas -- they were not "good" areas when I was there, a couple of decades ago. It certainly looks like the area has not improved. Things like this -- "bad" areas getting worse -- really get me down. It is so tuff for people who live there to get any breaks in life. Some people do rise above it, though, thank goodness.

So then the perp drives the green SUV into a forest-smack in the middle about a mile and a half away, with Hania. Abandons the vehicle and takes Hania with him? He must have called for a ride from an accomplice, they would have been noticed walking along that road by 6:54 AM when 911 was called-it starts getting lighter by that time. Thoughts?
bbm
Yes, either that or he had a car hidden close by the area he left the stolen one. He could have had a friend waiting for him at that site or nearby.
His having an accomplice makes a lot of sense to me -- it would make things a lot easier for him. OTOH, he could have just by chance seen the car warming up and the cute young girl, and he decided to steal it when he saw it.

Just sick to my stomach at the femicide occurring daily in this country. I mean 3 woman murdered and they are very blasé about it in MO.
Also concerning Hania’s investigation, with any investigation as the investigating Police department, you are going to get misled and receive false tips, part of the investigating process. It is part of the job to sift through clues and investigate all, no matter what. That ticked me off that he spent the first 5 minutes yelling about being given false clues. Just MO.
Women are being murdered and kidnapped and killed everyday. It is shocking to read all these stories of missing, murdered and kidnapped women and young girls.

fem·i·cide
/ˈfeməˌsīd/
noun
  1. the killing of a woman or girl, in particular by a man and on account of her gender.
    "we are very concerned with the high level of femicide in our country"
77.8% of US murder victims are male.

Wire Road is only about five miles from where Sara Graham lived (NC - NC - Sara Graham, 18, Fairmont, 4 February 2015 - #3)

Probably just coincidence.

Fairmont's population is less than 3,000 people, and it's about 20 miles from L'ton.
Lumberton, Fairmont and other towns in the area used to be good places for tobacco farming and tobacco sales. In those towns, there were a number of large tobacco warehouses with auctioneers who sold large quantities of it to the well-known cigarette companies, every fall. Tobacco was a big money crop. The economy was much better in those years for those towns and others like it. Now, much of the farming in those areas is cotton, corn and soybeans. Cotton is also a pretty good money crop. (Just a little info about the area...)

Guys, the strangest thing just happened. I was talking with a friend who works in Denver and she was just telling me how (paraphrasing) she is “dreading the winter”. I asssumed she was talking about the cold and I said “me too...”, she said “No, I’m dreading the winter now because I feel worried because I work in Denver and now they wait for you to start your car up to warm it up then they car jack you, it’s been like a car a day.”

(Note to look for reference of this.)

What was the temperature that morning again?
Not being familiar with NC, I had the same question, and found the ambient temp is not the issue--It's the humidity! Temp was in the mid 60's, and humidity more than 70%.
Pre-start/warming would definitely be helpful to clear the windshield and widows of overnight condensation before getting on the road. MOO

Last edited:
Lumberton has a gang task force which reports decrease in gang activity. However, I can find statistics for 2017 or 2018. All the information online is earlier thant 2016. Anyway, I am sure the members of the drug task force know who belongs to a gang.
I don't believe this is at all gang-related.

What I would like to know is what was the effect of the recent storm and levee break on the demographics and population.

I would like to know where is Hania's biological father?

Fairmont's population is less than 3,000 people, and it's about 20 miles from L'ton.
Lumberton, Fairmont and other towns in the area used to be good places for tobacco farming and tobacco sales. In those towns, there were a number of large tobacco warehouses with auctioneers who sold large quantities of it to the well-known cigarette companies, every fall. Tobacco was a big money crop. The economy was much better in those years for those towns and others like it. Now, much of the farming in those areas is cotton, corn and soybeans. Cotton is also a pretty good money crop. (Just a little info about the area...)

Thanks, that's good information. It sounds like the area becomes rural rather quickly once you're outside of Lumberton?

Amber Alert: Public asked to stop spreading rumors about missing teen

13 Nov 2018

Lumberton Police Chief Michael McNeill stressed that the rumors being spread on social media are making it difficult for them to their jobs.

"We need these rumors stopped," he said. "It makes it harder to find Hania."

On Tuesday, officials received a report that a girl who looked like Hania Aguilar may be in Charlotte -- but NO reason to believe the report is accurate.

SharonNeedles said: I’m really starting to get the feeling that this case is a lot more complex than it initially appeared. The motive to me looks like it might go a lot deeper than abducting Hania.[/QUOTE said:
(I’m feeling the same way at the moment.)

Yes, same here, especially after reading the articles about my home town. It's so much worse than I would have imagined. Poverty and broken families make it so very difficult for a 7th-grader to be a good son/daughter, a good student, and a good citizen. (Please know that I am not likening this to Hania, but to whoever kidnapped her perhaps, and was that 7th-grader a few years back.) Peer pressure on these kids isn't a matter of why he/she is not wearing a leather jacket to school or which college/university he/she is planning to attend. It just makes me want to cry.

I am afraid now of what might be happening to little Hania. Did the kidnapper live in the trailer park or know someone who does? Did he watch her and see that he had a good opportunity to steal a girl just starting to become a young woman?

Last edited:
Qmfr:
My thoughts this morning are worries that despite the FBI’s and other agencies best efforts that unfortunately their trail has gone cold, due to their lack of being tight lipped and so desperately appealing to the public for tips.

However, I’m thinking about that “not 100 percent” comment (thanks for bringing that forward in the last thread), and it really does sound optimistic.

So I am confused at this time whether they have a strong lead on this suspect or not.

Maybe they have a strong idea who it is but just can’t track him down? In that case I would think they would release his name and add him to the FBI’s Most Wanted List and appeal to the public for him? Maybe they are just still working behind the scenes to track him down.

I’ve got strong faith in LE at this point.

(Gah, I really messed up my opening thought grammatically, hopefully you guys figured out that what I meant to say, correcting because it is misleading, sorry about that.

Original quote:
“My thoughts this morning are worries that despite the FBI’s and other agencies best efforts that unfortunately their trail has gone cold, due to their lack of being tight lipped and so desperately appealing to the public for tips.“

Corrected with:

Due to the lack of LE being tight lipped and so desperately appealing to the public for tips, my thoughts this morning are worries that despite the FBI’s and other agencies best efforts that unfortunately their trail has gone cold.)

Don’t know if this is related, but notice he was wearing a mask and dark clothing when he approached this woman and tried to rob her at gunpoint. Fairmont is close to where the SUV was located south of Lumberton.

Robeson County man accused in kidnapping

He was arrested Tuesday and today LE have been searching at a location near Fairmont. Did he talk?

Let us not forget about Sara Graham missing from Fairmont, 7am ish, on her way to work at Walmart in Pembroke, vehicle found abandoned, dad is a cop, stepmother named POI:

What iiiiisss the status of Sara’s case anyway??!!

NC - NC - Sara Graham, 18, Fairmont, 4 February 2015 - #1

Good points everyone.

Im hoping the testing they sent to Quantico will hurry up and come back to give them the evidence they need to identify the perp.

I also hope they can find him and Hania.

From following many of these kinds of cases I have finally realized that they are very difficult for LE. Often times it takes LE quite awhile to get to a resolution.

Its a lot harder than I thought when I first started following missing persons cases.

Re: your last sentence, you can say that again.

Thank you, borndem, so glad you are here.

Last edited:
Elizabeth Smart's father offers insight on kidnapping of Lumberton teen Hania Aguilar
"I think that its horrendous. For any parent to lose their child, you know, it's the last thing that you want to have happen, and trying to recover them is very difficult," Smart said.

"One person can't do it alone. All of us together can make a huge difference in helping find Hania," Smart said.

But as a family continues to search for answers, it's this advice that helped Smart and his family cling to hope while Elizabeth was still missing:

"Really the best advice was to keep Elizabeth's picture out there. Work in the community on children's issues. Try to find any vehicle to keep her picture out there," Smart said. "Our prayers certainly with the Aguilar family, and we pray and hope that things will come to a quick close for them in a very good way."

Elizabeth Smart's father offers insight on kidnapping of Lumberton teen Hania Aguilar
"I think that its horrendous. For any parent to lose their child, you know, it's the last thing that you want to have happen, and trying to recover them is very difficult," Smart said.

"One person can't do it alone. All of us together can make a huge difference in helping find Hania," Smart said.

But as a family continues to search for answers, it's this advice that helped Smart and his family cling to hope while Elizabeth was still missing:

"Really the best advice was to keep Elizabeth's picture out there. Work in the community on children's issues. Try to find any vehicle to keep her picture out there," Smart said. "Our prayers certainly with the Aguilar family, and we pray and hope that things will come to a quick close for them in a very good way."

Oh this is such an important post, thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hills89