Found Deceased NC - Heddie Dawkins, 81, seen at night with blood on face, severe dementia, left in pajamas & slippers, High Point, 24 Aug 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

GuyfromCanada

Reaction score
HIGH POINT, N.C. (WGHP) — Emergency officials are looking for a potentially injured woman with severe dementia after she disappeared overnight, according to the High Point Police Department.

Police say 81-year-old Heddie Dawkins was last seen at about 1:30 a.m. on Wednesday in the area of Blockhouse Court. She was reportedly wearing blue pajamas and slippers.

She was spotted on a doorbell camera at about 3:30 a.m. on the 2900 block of Cloverwood Drive.

“She does show to have blood on her face and her head where we suspect she has an injury, possibly from a fall,” High Point Police Capt. Patrick O’Toole said.

Heddie-Dawkins.jpg

More at Search underway for possibly injured woman with ‘severe dementia’ missing in High Point

A Silver Alert has been issued.

SBM

Ms. Dawkins has been seen near the 2900 block of Clover Wood Drive in Jamestown and on Blockhouse Court near Penny Road. She was wearing blue pajamas and slippers.

From video:
  • Left home at 1:30 AM
  • Spotted 3:30 AM in 2900 block Clover Wood Drive
  • Later spotted near her home at 9:00 AM
  • Per grandson, C. D., she's never wandered away before
SBBM

Police are also asking people to share information related to Dawkins on social media and report any potential sightings. However, police also warn the public to stay away from the search area as that may impede efforts to find Dawkins. Follow the High Point Police Department's Facebook and Twitter accounts for updates and to report sightings.

06DR00005XN0.JPG

NORTH CAROLINA SILVER ALERT ANNOUNCEMENT
RALEIGH 8/24/22 12:29 PM -- The N.C. Center for Missing Persons has issued a Silver Alert for a missing endangered woman, Heddie Hayes Dawkins.
Citizens are asked to be on the lookout for Heddie Hayes Dawkins, who is believed to be suffering from dementia or some other cognitive impairment.
Anyone with information about Heddie Hayes Dawkins should call C Loflin at the High Point Police Department at 336-883-3224.
Name: Dawkins Heddie Hayes
(Last) (First) (Middle) (Nickname)
Gender: FemaleDOB: 06/14/1941Age: 81Race: BlackHeight: 5' 5"Weight: 180 pounds
Hair Color: black & grayHair Length: mediumEye Color: brown
Clothing Description:
light blue pajama top and bottom
Reporting Law Enforcement Agency: High Point Police Department
Contact Information: C Loflin at 336-883-3224
Location of Incident: 2708 Blockhouse Ct, Jamestown, NC 27282
Location Last Seen: 2708 Blockhouse Ct, Jamestown, NC 27282
Direction of Travel:
northbound on foot

It's wonderful to see so many agencies and resources are being used in the search. I wish them well and have them all in my prayers. May God help them to bring Ms. Heddie home safely.

INCIDENT TYPE – SILVER ALERT (2700blk OF BLOCKHOUSE CT) HIGH POINT, NC – The High Point Police Department is continuing search efforts for Heddie Dawkins (B/F, 81). Her family reported her missing on August 24, 2022 around 10:45 a.m. Officers reviewed doorbell camera footage, which showed Ms. Dawkins leaving her home at 1:30 a.m. Ms. Dawkins was last seen in an area near her home around 9 a.m.

The High Point Police Department is being assisted by the Guilford County Sheriff’s Office, Guilford County EMS, Guilford County Emergency Management, High Point Fire Department, Guilford County Fire, North Carolina State Highway Patrol, the Department of Public Safety, and the American Red Cross.

Search efforts include personnel on foot, bike and ATV, along with the use of drones, boats, helicopters, and the bloodhound and K9 teams.

The High Point Police Department is asking the public to share information related to Dawkins on social media and report any potential sightings. Members of the public should stay away from the search area. While the intentions may be noble, they could interfere with resources in use.

Please follow the HPPD social media pages and local media outlets for updated information on the search.

Update provided on 8/24/22 at 6 p.m.

SBM

...they have 60 to 70 officers helping Thursday, and teams are using drones, ATVs, kayaks, motorcycles and bicycles to cover more ground.

On Wednesday, teams focused on areas they could get to quickly, such as roads, trails and backyards, so they could cover the most ground. Thursday, that search expanded to areas that are more challenging to reach, such as waterways and the more heavily-wooded areas from Eastchester Drive toward Deep River Road, including greenway areas and the Piedmont Environmental Center.

This is in my area and I hike those PEC trails. The police presence left the command post and a press conference was held that said they have found nothing. They have not mentioned how things are going with search dogs. I saw a lady and an officer with a Rottweiler searching but dog did not appear to be trailing anything. I heard one hound dog bay once while I was walking the trails. They are still not allowing community to help search.

:eek: NOOOO! It's only been one day. Keep looking. Please keep looking! Search another 2-mile radius. She's out there. She needs to be found. Please don't give up on Ms. Heddie (or any other endangered MP). :(

SBM
Searchers have worked about 28 hours combing a 3-mile radius around Dawkins' home, including neighborhoods, nature trails, bodies of water and woods, police said in a news release.

:eek: NOOOO! It's only been one day. Keep looking. Please keep looking! Search another 2-mile radius. She's out there. She needs to be found. Please don't give up on Ms. Heddie (or any other endangered MP). :(

SBM
Searchers have worked about 28 hours combing a 3-mile radius around Dawkins' home, including neighborhoods, nature trails, bodies of water and woods, police said in a news release.
OMG, this is so sad! She's out there somewhere. Very disappointed! Praying Ms. Heddie is located soon.

:( Where's Ms. Heddie?

This is in my area. I do not understand why only a 3 mile radius? Most people/children wander further. I am not understanding why HPPD scaled back the search and not allowing the public to help. Time is critical here with higher temps and afternoon storms in the forecast.
If it were my relative I would be calling for my own search with the publics help outside the 3 mile radius.

awe man, hate to read this. you have an at risk and clearly injured elder with dementia missing and you scale down the search within 24-48 hours? What the heck. So wrong. Praying for a good outcome even as I know it's less likely with each passing hour.

Wish I hadn't seen this case. Makes me so sad to think she is out there confused, injured or dead and - welp, we haven't found her, we'll scale back searches now. WTH??

They need to check Gibson Park to the North also.There are so much wooded area off Penny rd. and waterways coming from High Point Lake and Deep River.
I am willing to go search if something organized is planned.

Last edited:
This area of Jamestown/High Point is mostly retired seniors and senior facilities. You would think HPPD has a better plan for Silver Alerts in an area with parks, greenways and lakes.
I do know HPPD has been short handed since the pandemic.

I have no skills in posting maps but if you search google earth you will see several large parks with heavy woods and 3 large bodies of water surrounding the area she disappeared.
I am assuming HPPD does not want publics help with search because of the possibility of a searcher getting lost or hurt.

I can not imagine her relatives pain as I feel very antsy sitting here knowing she is out there not far from me.

I just saw a doorbell video from channel 2 showing her walking. They say she may have thought the home was her's due to he same door as her home.
She seemed to be tired or not walking well and now I have the feeling she could be in someones yard, open garage or shed.Because of her slow walk might be why the 3 mile radius search.
It is pouring rain in the area right now.
Please God may she be in a safe place and please lead someone to her.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back