NC NC - Henderson Jackson Jr, 95, Charlotte, 1 Sep 2024 *dementia, vehicle seen on flock camera 9/2*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

PommyMommy

#ShinelikeShanann
Reaction score
Detectives with the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department’s Missing Person Unit are requesting the public’s assistance in locating 95-year-old Henderson Jackson Jr.

Mr. Jackson was last seen on September 1, 2024, at approximately 9:00 p.m., at his residence located in the 400 Block of Branchview Drive, Charlotte. Mr. Jackson is believed to be operating his 2009 Black Volvo V70 with North Carolina disability placard HD7715J. Mr. Jackson’s vehicle was spotted on a Flock camera in Norwood, North Carolina at 2:28pm this afternoon. Mr. Jackson is believed to be wearing khaki pants, a baseball cap and black sneakers.

1725317940901.png

He was seen on FLOCK cameras traveling outbound on Charlotte Highway 49 into York County Monday morning.

1725318196013.png

Last edited:
Has anyone else noticed the uptick in the number of our elderly folks going missing? Many suffering with dementia. Are we not able to care for this segment of our population well? It makes me sad to see so many cases.

If he was seen leaving Charlotte on Hwy. 49 into York County (located on the southwest of Charlotte) on Monday morning then seen in Norwood (east of Charlotte) at 2:28pm Monday afternoon, that means he's lost and not driving in any particular direction.

Norwood is a rural area. I really hope Mr. Jackson doesn't end up running out of gas getting stranded somewhere desolate.

Has anyone else noticed the uptick in the number of our elderly folks going missing? Many suffering with dementia. Are we not able to care for this segment of our population well? It makes me sad to see so many cases.
BBM Oh my goodness, a resounding YES! It scares the willies out of me. I pray Mr Jackson is found safe and soon. Very soon. MOO

Unfortunately, some have no family but many have family that are unaware of the often sudden loss of ability to safely drive or think it's safe to delay the consequences of taking the keys away (alternative transportation, emotional response to the action, etc). My Dad literally wrote me out of his Will when I took his keys away (and the spares which he hid) but he had become dangerous driving in the span of a couple of months in his 90's. He wanted to stay at home so I was able to pay for a day time home health aide for him, who could drive him anywhere (they were licensed and bonded to do so by the elder care service) and the church senior bus took him everywhere else so he was happy but he was very angry for a long time about it. It was hard on all of us. But if you don't have family, or family with the money to provide for care, in today's society, unfortunately you are often overlooked at that age, which is incredibly sad.

Dementia is very difficult to handle at home on your own. My mom started wandering and it was almost impossible to keep track of her at times. She would be there one second and gone the next. You couldn't even go to the washroom or take a shower, she would be gone!

Waiting lists for memory care can be years long. Add to that the denial of your family members worsening state & maybe some financial issues; it's not easy.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marisa_breanna97
Back