NC - Irina 'Ira' Yarmolenko, 20, murdered, Mount Holly, 5 May 2008 *previously GUILTY*Charges Dropped*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Also found this article basically saying police aren't commenting on what brother said. More at link.

http://www.wcnc.com/news/local/stories/wcnc-051908-mw-yarmolenko.d568408.html

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Mount Holly police are refusing to comment on a published report about a possible suspect in the murder of UNC-Charlotte student Irina Yarmolenko.

In the report, Yarmolenko's brother is quoted as saying his sister was seen in Mount Holly with someone prior to her death.

Police would not confirm his statement.

I really hope the police have identified the possible "suspect" if indeed what the brother said is true. If it is true, I hope very much that this doesn't hamper the investigation in any way either. Data05 and Panthera, it looks like you guys could be on to something ;-)

Greta said a few minutes ago that they have a suspect. I don't know if that person's in custody or not.

Greta said a few minutes ago that they have a suspect. I don't know if that person's in custody or not.
I just now turned on her show but I guess I missed that part and I'm not finding anything new in the local media right now or on Gretawire. :(

I just now turned on her show but I guess I missed that part and I'm not finding anything new in the local media right now or on Gretawire. :(

A video of the show is now at Gretawire, but it doesn't say much. But the site has this little blurb:

Authorities say they may know who was with UNC student Irina Yarmolenko just before her slaying.

There was another woman who went missing in Charlotte yesterday, I believe. Do we know anything about that one?

SeriouslySearching,
This could be the person you're referring to.

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=6150117

icon_wtvd_byline.gif

CHARLOTTE (WTVD) -- Man arrested in Charlotte in disappearance of Angier woman.

Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police arrested a man early Monday morning and charged him with murder in the death of an Angier woman.
Michael Arthur Howell, 40, of Indian Trail, is charged with one count of murder.

Searched somemore for some news and found out that Irina's car was turned off and the keys were not in the ignition.

www.nineonline.com

Look to right in box and there is an update.

Interesting. Car rolled down hill, hit stump, and yet the car was not running and the keys out of the ignition. Did Irina turn off car and remove keys before she was strangled outside her drivers side door or is it possible someone else did? Different prints possibly on keys, steering wheel, or parts of dash?

I think someone rolled the car down the hill with the intention of sinking it and the body of Ira in the water, but they failed when it hit the stump.

Nothing new at this time. I spoke with my daughter Sunday (student at UNCC) and no one is saying anything. Nothing in the news or even on campus.

All quiet at the moment. I wish there was something, anything, to help keep this in the news. I would hate that it could be forgotten by anyone. LE obviously won't, but it would be nice for some update.

Irina's Mom was on the local fox station last night. Just a short blurb. She was being interviewed at Jacksons Java. I think she wanted to come to Charlotte to meet people who knew Irina and just wanted to feel a little closer to her at this time. She did mention in the interview that she felt Irina's spirit there at JJ. Don't think she meant like haunting the place, just that it was someplace Irina held dear and it was nice to be there and spend some time among her friends. She actually managed a smile or two. Bless the dear woman and her family. :( I will see if I can find a link.

Nothing new in the news. Just wanted to drop a line with something about her. I have a friend who was a regular at Jackson's Java before moving out of town. He told me that when he would go in and order a coffee 'dine in' he would ask that they use one of the ceramic mugs instead of the disposable cups and she would say good for you for doing something to help the environment. He said she seemed to really appreciate the little things like that. I have yet to hear anyone say one negative thing about her.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tawnitrevino
Back