NC NC - James 'Martin' Roberts, 19, Boone, 21 April 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
With the letter he left behind on his bed - well, that sounds like he was planning on taking his own life.

With the letter he left behind on his bed - well, that sounds like he was planning on taking his own life.

Did they every release the letter? On The Vanished podcast, I believe they said they weren't going to release it because it contains information of some kind. But they made it seem like it wasn't a for sure suicide note.

Yes, part two of the Vanished podcast did confirm that the letter did NOT specifically say that he was going to take his own life. But it clearly stated that there would be a big change of some sort.

This is why they have looked into off grid living communities, the military, the peace corps, and other organizations. Even under false identities that may be him...

He may have taken his own life, as one of the sightings from someone who knew him (unconfirmed sighting but very credible) said they last saw him in an area that is surround by thick wilderness... if he committed suicide somewhere in there they could search forever and still never find him. Accordingly to LE working the case.

I really hope he didn't as I think to not specify that is extremely selfish on his part. :(

I truly believe that if LE is to determine what Martin was doing in those unaccountable time frames, it would lead to answers of his disappearance. The time frames I am talking about... LE confirmed that when Martin told his friends he was with a another group of friends but did the same thing to the other group of friends... so no one really knows where he was and what he was doing. I think if he had to lie about it then it's related to his disappearance.... imo.

LE confirmed that when Martin told his friends he was with a another group of friends but did the same thing to the other group of friends... so no one really knows where he was and what he was doing. I think if he had to lie about it then it's related to his disappearance.... imo.

Yea, that is a good assumption to make. I still don't fully understand why they couldn't release the letter. I am still of the opinion that he committed suicide but that letter seems to have changed the mind of others.

Yea, that is a good assumption to make. I still don't fully understand why they couldn't release the letter. I am still of the opinion that he committed suicide but that letter seems to have changed the mind of others.
Who are the others you're referring to? Sorry, I re-read everything, but I'm not quite catching on!

I am not too caught up on the contents of letter mainly because he did one of two things, 1) harmed himself 2) started a new life with no intention of corresponding with friends / family.

IMO the letter probably contains very personal information and out of respect to the family, doesn't release the info. I imagine it says or ends with something like "I'm not happy here, nor I am happy continuing my life down this path"... Which could imply suicide or that he's planned to lead another life else where.

The one thing I am MOST curious about is WHAT happened that made him go live back with his parents. No one really mentions WHAT happened or WHY but just that something happened that made him "unsuccessful" at school. This implies excess partying and/or failing out but it doesn't really say what/why.... Did his frat brothers have a different opinion after he left and then came back, do to whatever happened before he left... ?

I am not too caught up on the contents of letter mainly because he did one of two things, 1) harmed himself 2) started a new life with no intention of corresponding with friends / family.

IMO the letter probably contains very personal information and out of respect to the family, doesn't release the info. I imagine it says or ends with something like "I'm not happy here, nor I am happy continuing my life down this path"... Which could imply suicide or that he's planned to lead another life else where.

The one thing I am MOST curious about is WHAT happened that made him go live back with his parents. No one really mentions WHAT happened or WHY but just that something happened that made him "unsuccessful" at school. This implies excess partying and/or failing out but it doesn't really say what/why.... Did his frat brothers have a different opinion after he left and then came back, do to whatever happened before he left... ?

I read somewhere a while back that he had gotten a DUI, but I can't remember where I saw that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I read somewhere a while back that he had gotten a DUI, but I can't remember where I saw that.

That could be, but I don't think that one incident in of itself would merit dropping out of school and living back home with his parents.

Although, that could be an indication of alcoholism and that could merit moving back in with his parents. I wonder how many college kids actually learn of their addiction in college and go to AA. I would assume this wouldn't happen until they are out of college because obvious signs of alcoholism in college kids could be chalked up as just being college kids unless it was extremely bad like he want to the hospital because he was unresponsive one night or something.

just thinking out loud...

Ok, so new theory I've been toying around with. I was listening to a podcast a little while ago and they mentioned this story right here: https://www.theguardian.com/news/2017/mar/15/stranger-in-the-woods-christopher-knight-hermit-maine

Basically, about 27 years ago, a kid who was around Martin's age, walked into the woods near his home in Maine and disappeared. He lived in those woods without anyone knowing he was out there and would steal food from nearby campers when they weren't around. I know there's a lot of people who think he may have committed suicide (and, indeed, that may very well have been what had happened), but I just feel like a body would have turned up by now. It wouldn't surprise me if he did something like that guy in the above article where he just walked into the Boone wilderness in order to live his life away from society.

Ok, so new theory I've been toying around with. I was listening to a podcast a little while ago and they mentioned this story right here: https://www.theguardian.com/news/2017/mar/15/stranger-in-the-woods-christopher-knight-hermit-maine

Basically, about 27 years ago, a kid who was around Martin's age, walked into the woods near his home in Maine and disappeared. He lived in those woods without anyone knowing he was out there and would steal food from nearby campers when they weren't around. I know there's a lot of people who think he may have committed suicide (and, indeed, that may very well have been what had happened), but I just feel like a body would have turned up by now. It wouldn't surprise me if he did something like that guy in the above article where he just walked into the Boone wilderness in order to live his life away from society.

Interesting new theory! IMO maybe this could explain the time gaps, maybe he was researching and/or getting certain supplies that would help him live in the wilderness.

I truly believe the unaccounted for time frames are directly related to his disappearance.

Interesting new theory! IMO maybe this could explain the time gaps, maybe he was researching and/or getting certain supplies that would help him live in the wilderness.

I truly believe the unaccounted for time frames are directly related to his disappearance.

From today: http://www.wfmynews2.com/mobile/art...rsville-teenager-holidays-are-tough/496404321

Earlier this year, the Boone Police Department brought in new detectives to give a fresh set of eyes on the case.

Roberts says they looked through Martin's emails and phone records for clues but haven’t been able to produce any new substantial leads.

“They told us on day one that you have hope until you have a reason not to have hope,” said Roberts.

Roberts is holding on to that hope for as long as it takes.

More at link.

[h=2]Missing Boone Man To Be Subject Of TV Show[/h]The disappearance of James Martin Roberts will be highlighted in a TV show soon.

Watauga Online reports that Investigation Discovery and NBC are working on an episode about Roberts.

According to the report, Investigation Discovery Channel will feature Martin’s story on an upcoming episode of the show “Disappeared” however an air date has not been announced.

https://www.goblueridge.net/news/37554-missing-boone-man-to-be-subject-of-tv-show

[h=2]Missing Boone Man To Be Subject Of TV Show[/h]The disappearance of James Martin Roberts will be highlighted in a TV show soon.

Watauga Online reports that Investigation Discovery and NBC are working on an episode about Roberts.

According to the report, Investigation Discovery Channel will feature Martin’s story on an upcoming episode of the show “Disappeared” however an air date has not been announced.

https://www.goblueridge.net/news/37554-missing-boone-man-to-be-subject-of-tv-show

The air date will be Sunday, June 3rd at 9pm

https://www.facebook.com/groups/HelpFindMartinRoberts/permalink/1887031911328554/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolofeist
Back