GUILTY NC - Jason Corbett, 39, murdered in his Wallburg home, 2 Aug 2015 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
that JC was found naked with trazodone in his system might suggest he and Molly had sex prior to the beating which also could have been Molly's trigger...is that when she hit him with the brick?...from pg 8 of the autopsy report: "On the left parietal scalp is a 6 1/2" x 4" coarsely stellate, complex, branched full-thickness laceration with partial avulsion. the branches individually range from 3/4" to 2" in length."... I mean that sounds like a brick to me...and sex is a passionate thing for most people...maybe for Molly it's how she thought she could control him...

I think the effect of a plea deal for Molly on the estate would most certainly require her to relinquish her assets to JCs children and not just their joint property...not too familiar with the "slayer statute" in NC but she has to be convicted first...and then I think a civil action like wrongful death could be pursued by JC relatives... I just think the Court would recognize it's in no one's best interest to allow the value of the house to deteriorate if it's mortgaged and she's not making payments...as I recall, my Mother became sole owner of my parents house when my Father died and its value wasn't listed as part of any estate until she passed away...it was explained to me that when you own something jointly with right of survivorship it doesn't have to go through probate...

The house was bought with cash from the sale of Jasons and Mags home together so no morgage but she is listed as co owner

that JC was found naked with trazodone in his system might suggest he and Molly had sex prior to the beating which also could have been Molly's trigger...is that when she hit him with the brick?...from pg 8 of the autopsy report: "On the left parietal scalp is a 6 1/2" x 4" coarsely stellate, complex, branched full-thickness laceration with partial avulsion. the branches individually range from 3/4" to 2" in length."... I mean that sounds like a brick to me...and sex is a passionate thing for most people...maybe for Molly it's how she thought she could control him...

I think the effect of a plea deal for Molly on the estate would most certainly require her to relinquish her assets to JCs children and not just their joint property...not too familiar with the "slayer statute" in NC but she has to be convicted first...and then I think a civil action like wrongful death could be pursued by JC relatives... I just think the Court would recognize it's in no one's best interest to allow the value of the house to deteriorate if it's mortgaged and she's not making payments...as I recall, my Mother became sole owner of my parents house when my Father died and its value wasn't listed as part of any estate until she passed away...it was explained to me that when you own something jointly with right of survivorship it doesn't have to go through probate...

Oh dear me thoughts of basic instinct running through my head!

I had a quick look at the 'slayer statute'. It refers to anyone convicted of a killing - as opposed to a murder. So if there is any guilty verdict or a plea she gets nothing. Now i'm starting to wonder if a plea has been raised by her counsel and this is why she is acting out with regards to the property.

Just my opinion.

It was reported they were to make a surprise visit on the 21st for his dads birthday they had those tickets booked prior to the "fat shaming" friday nigh . He booked 3 separate tickets on 1st he was killed on the 2nd . The police found evidence of this on his computer

Wasn't aware he had booked a second lot of tickets...interesting.! I assumed it was just the one trip he was making and was intending to stay.

It was reported they were to make a surprise visit on the 21st for his dads birthday they had those tickets booked prior to the "fat shaming" friday nigh . He booked 3 separate tickets on 1st he was killed on the 2nd . The police found evidence of this on his computer

So we know the departure dates on the first set of tickets, but not the second set?

unsure what you mean when you say 'second lot of tickets'?
My understanding is that Jason was bringing his children home for the celebration in August, he would travel with or without her. However I saw nothing to suggest this would not be a return trip.. more like a fact finding mission re feasibility of returning fulltime to Ireland, he was also considering relocating to the UK. He was held in high esteem in his workplace and they had several Intl offices.
The August trip was not to be a permanent relocation, merely a visit.

So we know the departure dates on the first set of tickets, but not the second set?

I'm unsure of the dates here. @stephenddoody mentions the 21st but it is reported in the examiner article covering the funeral that Tracy refers to the fact he was to arrive the day of his funeral which was the 27th august.

unsure what you mean when you say 'second lot of tickets'?
My understanding is that Jason was bringing his children home for the celebration in August, he would travel with or without her. However I saw nothing to suggest this would not be a return trip.. more like a fact finding mission re feasibility of returning fulltime to Ireland, he was also considering relocating to the UK. He was held in high esteem in his workplace and they had several Intl offices.
The August trip was not to be a permanent relocation, merely a visit.

Kitty I took the second lot of tickets reference from what @stephenddoody said.. He said the tickets for the family celebration where booked prior to the fat shaming incident which I believe occurred the Friday night. From my reading of what he said, he then booked three further tickets on the 1st which was the Saturday and he was killed on the 2nd.

my understanding is that they were provisionally booked in advance with molly's ticket being a maybe and the booking was confirmed and paid on the day before or 2 days before, which I also saw mentioned somewhere.

there is nothing at all to suggest sexual intercourse had taken place. Remember that drug is multi use.. It was developed as an anti depressant quite a few years go, surprised it is still even being prescribed with its many known side effects.?

my understanding is that they were provisionally booked in advance with molly's ticket being a maybe and the booking was confirmed and paid on the day before or 2 days before, which I also saw mentioned somewhere.

Maybe this is what I read Im not 100% now as I can't locate the article there are so many

I too saw it reported that the ticket info had been obtained from Mr Corbett's computer by detectives.

I agree with an earlier post it is unlikely MM killed Jason and then called her parents. The trip from Knoxville to their town in NC would be 4.5 hours likely, assuming the parents left the instant she phoned. This is where a timeline would be super helpful -but I suspect ours would be largely blank at this point because there is so much unknown. But the communications between MM & her dad being part of the crime, there is something there that we don't know yet.

Not knowing any of the people involved personally, my comment about MM's dad being culpable in causing injuries is really based on two things. a) yes, the amount of damage and b) general "gut feeling" based on some of the autopsy results. I do NOT believe that MM didn't help cause injuries. I believe something very similar to what is described in post #40 on this thread, that Jason went to bed, MM enraged began beating him with the landscape paver. Jason wakes up as he is hit, tries to orient himself and fend off blows (hence, the defensive wounds) and MM continues, causing some Jason's injuries. There's noise now, Jason's yelling for her to stop, dad comes running, maybe punches Jason squarely in the nose (broken nose per autopsy report without cuts/wounds - that to me is more of a punch, which is a more masculine thing to do). Jason's yelling now maybe how this is it, he's gone, he's taking the kids, she will never see them now, and he's pressing charges against both MM and her dad. Dad realizes that this can't happen. Dad grabs bat and Dad & MM kill Jason.

thats a brilliant analysis ALansby.
so it leads us to pop's service records.. these should be public or a request to make them public could be made.. they frequently are made public in police killings.. wonder whether a freedom of information query or several would be appropriate at this time?

there is nothing at all to suggest sexual intercourse had taken place. Remember that drug is multi use.. It was developed as an anti depressant quite a few years go, surprised it is still even being prescribed with its many known side effects.?
I can't speak for Jason, but I sure as hell wouldn't be having sex with someone who fat shamed me the night before.

Because we don't have a timeline of the Martens trip to NC, every or any theory put forward is possible. If the Martens were at the house during the social gathering it puts a completely different dynamic on things than say if they made a sudden late night race to NC. This timeline is crucial, as is the coroners time of death and the murder scene. The drug, booking of tickets etc - the info and reports here are very mixed so hard to ascertain anything solid.

We already know that detectives have dismissed TM's donnybrook statement as the murder scene wasn't consistent with that claim. So basically he's lying. The question is, how big is the lie? Personally I think he's telling a whopper of a lie but we'll just have to wait and see.

Oh dear me thoughts of basic instinct running through my head!

I had a quick look at the 'slayer statute'. It refers to anyone convicted of a killing - as opposed to a murder. So if there is any guilty verdict or a plea she gets nothing. Now i'm starting to wonder if a plea has been raised by her counsel and this is why she is acting out with regards to the property.

Just my opinion.

I'm not so sure she gets nothing because the house is a marital asset...on the day before Jason died she owned half of the house...so I think she's entitled to at least that unless they had a pre-nup...and maybe that's why the estate is frozen...but I think you could be right about divesting herself of assets in preparation of what's to come...my best guess is that Molly is in bad shape...probably not functioning well in her bi-polar world...I think we are witnessing a princess falling apart...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RETI20