GUILTY NC - Jason Corbett, 39, murdered in his Wallburg home, 2 Aug 2015 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm wondering if they intend to try MM and TM separately or together...any thoughts about that?

I have read here and there that MM made contact with an old boyfriend. Is that a rumor or is there any more to it?

Haven't seen it mentioned much but was thinking was this is the father of the child that she claimed to being the step mother of in her messages to Gmail. The child at the time was 8 years of age after 2006 when she registered on Gmail. So somewhere between November 2006 when she registered on Gmail and April 2008 when she arrived in Ireland, he and the daughter were out of the picture. Was her running to Ireland an escape to this relationship going wrong? She lost in her eyes a step-daughter, was she looking for a replacement?

I have read here and there that MM made contact with an old boyfriend. Is that a rumor or is there any more to it?

That was widely reported and I think the police may have made reference to it in earlier reports. Be v interested to know more of this.
Just a few other points. the property market was still booming in Ireland/Limerick in 2006, it had not started to decline, so selling at that point was a wise financial move, not a foolhardy move.
I too wonder whether they will be tried separately or together, but they have had a long rehearsal period and remember TM worked for oakridge who are masters of security and internet investigations, its possible and likely that much online evidence has been deleted forever. Oakridge has been involved in several scandals too.
The reference to the former 'stepdaughter appeared on Yahoo and not google in 2006. However in spring 2014, she did make an enquiry from google re resuming her former email address and she was informed that email addresses are never given to a second person even when the original owner has stopped using them.
I am wondering whether anybody knows of any better searching tools that we can use which may not have been compromised?

Just a few other points. the property market was still booming in Ireland/Limerick in 2006, it had not started to decline, so selling at that point was a wise financial move, not a foolhardy move.
I'm sure the property market was still booming in 2006, but at that stage Molly had not even moved to Ireland. When is it you think Jason's Irish house was sold?

I wonder if the reason there was a delay in charging the Martens is because they were trying to put pressure on the father to change his story. I think this was a rage-fuelled killing so it makes more sense that the scorned lover would be the instigator rather than her protective daddy. The family seem to be scoffing at the force used to kill Jason so maybe they don't realize how vicious the killing was. They are acting as if it was a little bump on the head with a toy bat, so it's nobody's fault that he dropped dead. But the autopsy sketches show that he was hit several times on the head at several different angles which shows a sustained attack. But the father saw the body/ witnessed/ participated in the attack, so it is strange that he would be prepared to go to jail for his daughter.

I'm sure the property market was still booming in 2006, but at that stage Molly had not even moved to Ireland. When is it you think Jason's Irish house was sold?
Apologies. I think he sold his house the same year they married. 2011, yes, property had dropped at that stage.

I wonder if the reason there was a delay in charging the Martens is because they were trying to put pressure on the father to change his story. I think this was a rage-fuelled killing so it makes more sense that the bipolar scorned lover would be the instigator rather than her protective daddy. The family seem to be scoffing at the force used to kill Jason so maybe they don't realize how vicious the killing was. They are acting as if it was a little bump on the head with a toy bat, so it's nobody's fault that he dropped dead. But the autopsy sketches show that he was hit several times on the head at several different angles which shows a sustained attack. But the father saw the body/ witnessed/ participated in the attack, so it is strange that he would be prepared to go to jail for his daughter.
There is no link between bi-polar and violence. Where did you see that family is scoffing at his injuries? Or acting as though it was a mere bump on the head?

There is no link between bi-polar and violence. Where did you see that family is scoffing at his injuries? Or acting as though it was a mere bump on the head?

Sorry, I edited my original post because you are right I shouldn't have linked bipolar with violence in that sentence. Re, the family "scoffing" at his injuries, I saw an interview somewhere where they were talking about it just being a child's bat that made the injuries. My key point is that I wonder if the Martens family are still in denial about how violent the attack was, and tell themselves it can be explained away as a knock on the head that happened to be fatal.

There is a link here on the full report of the autopsy, have you seen it? I think Frizby posted it some time ago.. maybe a couple of weeks ago? Its worth a good read.
They MUSt have seen it, it was widely circulated and available online. It contains the information that his nose had been broken, quite severely, yet the fractures did not leave outside marks which suggests he was punched on the nose. The force of this punch is more likely to have come from a male than a female. We were all with your theory until ALansby pointed it out, and we had to change our course.. that coupled with the recent prosecutor statement on the investigation now focusing upon tm work records..Its hard to know for sure without having seen the room where he was allegedly killed.. Forensics is long and complex but they can tell a lot from the autopsy regarding the force required to sustain the depth of the fractures etc. I agree it was a frenzied attack.. hard to believe a sane person conducted it in a moment of rage.. it continued for long after a moment. Nor do we know for sure whether any signs of life were present when the EMT team arrived, their report omitted this detail. It will come down to the forensics based upon the autopsy, I guess.There was a paving stone involved as well, so 2 weapons were used. its possible paving stone was placed in a pillowcase or something similar and swung .. but thats just speculation, it could as easily have been used straight.
I didnt see the interview, but I did see reference to it before. I dont know what weight these bats are.. they are aluminium, may be quite heavy. The autopsy did refer to 'blunt force trauma' causing the injuries.

That was widely reported and I think the police may have made reference to it in earlier reports. Be v interested to know more of this.
I too wonder whether they will be tried separately or together, but they have had a long rehearsal period and remember TM worked for oakridge who are masters of security and internet investigations, its possible and likely that much online evidence has been deleted forever. Oakridge has been involved in several scandals too.
The reference to the former 'stepdaughter appeared on Yahoo and not google in 2006. However in spring 2014, she did make an enquiry from google re resuming her former email address and she was informed that email addresses are never given to a second person even when the original owner has stopped using them.
I am wondering whether anybody knows of any better searching tools that we can use which may not have been compromised?

I was just thinking when I read this: Gee, I hope the possible old acquaintance she was rekindling, is not the one with the daughter from 2006. That would be creepy!! :eek:

I was just thinking when I read this: Gee, I hope the possible old acquaintance she was rekindling, is not the one with the daughter from 2006. That would be creepy!! :eek:
when I saw that first I thought she is a serial stalker of men w/children.. creepy indeed.
Is it unusual to have more than 1 relationship with men w/kids? Wondering whether there is any psychological documentation of this or whether it exists as a phenomenon?

It seems as though she is missing something in her life. I keep seeing visions of "The Hand That Rocks the Cradle"! I am just curious if that man was widowed too? Or maybe he figured her out or maybe family or friends were able to point out her behavior, whereas is seems as though JC's family noticed things, but let him go, because they wanted him to be happy. I so wish we could find info on the old one. I am so curious and would like to see if it could be a pattern of "mothering" children and taking on with the male of the house.

I also wonder if the reason for the trip to the JC's office so quicklu, and withdrawls of cash from accounts, could she have originally planned to tru to flee the country with those kids?

It seems as though she is missing something in her life. I keep seeing visions of "The Hand That Rocks the Cradle"! I am just curious if that man was widowed too? Or maybe he figured her out or maybe family or friends were able to point out her behavior, whereas is seems as though JC's family noticed things, but let him go, because they wanted him to be happy. I so wish we could find info on the old one. I am so curious and would like to see if it could be a pattern of "mothering" children and taking on with the male of the house.

I also wonder if the reason for the trip to the JC's office so quicklu, and withdrawls of cash from accounts, could she have originally planned to tru to flee the country with those kids?
my fantasy is that Jason had made discoveries about her family and he had hidden that evidence, possibly in his office.
I doubt she could have thought she would get away with fleeing, but the madness that informed Jason's murder is quite insidious.. so its possible. The fact that the office search was instigated so quickly, within hours of his murder is suggesting they were searching for something important, very important indeed when ME flashed his Fed ID in an effort to obtain it. She would not have reqd passports to travel to another state, police already knew of her part in the crime.. she would have been caught very quickly.
Its possible the office search panic was for something Jason had mentioned the night before, something so dangerous to them that they were willing to risk all, in an effort to obtain it. TM worked Oakridge Laboratories and there was a scandal around that time involving an employee whp was fudging drug test results or something similar.. may be along those lines, but I am just guessing. I think if we find the family secret, we will know all. The police also obtained a warrant to search his golf club locker suggesting they may have been thinking along these lines too.

Bipolar Disorder and Violence Links below:
http://www.psychiatrictimes.com/bip...ipolar-disorder/page/0/2#sthash.ek928Uky.dpuf
Persons with bipolar disorder are at significantly increased risk for violence, with some history of violent behavior ranging from 9.4% to just under 50%, often in the presence of comorbid diagnoses.15-18 Bipolar patients are prone to agitation that can result in impulsive aggression during manic and mixed episodes. Bipolar patients may have chronic impulsivity during euthymia, predisposing them to aggression. This is especially true with comorbid features of borderline personality disorder. In fact, particularly high levels of impulsivity and aggression in a bipolar patient could be a strong indicator of comorbidity with borderline personality disorder.19

http://scholar.google.com/scholar?q=bipolar+disorder+and+violence&hl=en&as_sdt=0&as_vis=1&oi=scholart&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwipz-fGzN3KAhXCdD4KHSKGB8QQgQMIGzAA

http://evoke.ie/news/irish-news/jasons-childrens-toys-strewn-on-driveway
Last night, Michael Earnest shrugged off the use of a weapon in the killing, emphasising that it belonged to a child. ‘They’re innocent [Molly and Thomas],’ he said. ‘The trial will prove that. They acted completely in self-defence. Molly weighs a little over 100lbs and Tom, who is 65, weighs about 160lbs. Jason weighs 260lbs. They acted completely in self-defence and took the necessary and justified actions that they had to take. The trial will show that it was self-defence.‘The other thing is that this baseball bat that was used was a child’s baseball bat. It was for a child.’ When asked if he was alleging that Mr Corbett had attacked both his wife and father-in-law on the night of his death, Mr Earnest declined to comment. He added: ‘I’m just telling you that they acted in self-defence.’

http://www.psychiatrictimes.com/bip...ipolar-disorder/page/0/2#sthash.ek928Uky.dpuf
Persons with bipolar disorder are at significantly increased risk for violence, with some history of violent behavior ranging from 9.4% to just under 50%, often in the presence of comorbid diagnoses.15-18 Bipolar patients are prone to agitation that can result in impulsive aggression during manic and mixed episodes. Bipolar patients may have chronic impulsivity during euthymia, predisposing them to aggression. This is especially true with comorbid features of borderline personality disorder. In fact, particularly high levels of impulsivity and aggression in a bipolar patient could be a strong indicator of comorbidity with borderline personality disorder.19

http://scholar.google.com/scholar?q=bipolar+disorder+and+violence&hl=en&as_sdt=0&as_vis=1&oi=scholart&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwipz-fGzN3KAhXCdD4KHSKGB8QQgQMIGzAA

Last night, Michael Earnest shrugged off the use of a weapon in the killing, emphasising that it belonged to a child. ‘They’re innocent [Molly and Thomas],’ he said. ‘The trial will prove that. They acted completely in self-defence. Molly weighs a little over 100lbs and Tom, who is 65, weighs about 160lbs. Jason weighs 260lbs. They acted completely in self-defence and took the necessary and justified actions that they had to take. The trial will show that it was self-defence.‘The other thing is that this baseball bat that was used was a child’s baseball bat. It was for a child.’ When asked if he was alleging that Mr Corbett had attacked both his wife and father-in-law on the night of his death, Mr Earnest declined to comment. He added: ‘I’m just telling you that they acted in self-defence.’
That was dated January &, so they had seen the autopsy report by then and would have fully understood its implications. ME is very deeply enmeshed in this, isn't he? Strange for Fed to stick his neck out to this extent.

there are many more peer reviewed and cited reports on the stigma and prejudice associated w/mental illness, particularly bi-polar, all deny that violence is an inevitable aspect of this horrible illness. The reason I am discussing it is because I detest prejudice against any illness, being a former health care professional.
If you research under those parameters you will find new info. This is not antagonism or not intended to be.
Many believe that violence is only as a result of mental dysfunction and they use it to dismiss it as a very real aspect of human nature, diseased or not.
Molly's acts of violence that we have seen described by witnesses prior to his murder are more indicative of a narcissistic over controlling and spoilt person than they are as symptomatic of bi-polar disorder. It tends to manifest in delusions, when untreated, delusions of moral and physical superiority, boundless energy that burns the individual out very quickly, lack of sleep, of rest, swinging moods etc etc

Unfortunately, I have known three persons with bi-polar disease and all have been prone to rages. I don't think that makes me "prejudiced"...rather it speaks to the only experience I've had with sufferers of the disease.

I do believe there are "ranges" off the disease with some cases being more severe. I was told this by the grandmother of one of the sufferers of this disease who does have these rages. This girl is on the more severe spectrum.

In one other case, our minister had to actually tell the man not to return to our Church. Police had to be called. This man repeatedly disrupted services with his angry outbursts directed randomly at other church members...and this was a large congregation. It was a frightening situation.

In each case, I will add, not taking their medications was a problem.

I do think of these individuals when I read of Molly's outburst at her wedding etc....because these are my experiences. There may be many other examples of people who take their medications and live a normal life, but these are the three examples I have seen up close. None of us ever want to demean an individual for their illness but we also must not diminish the seriousness of it in certain cases.

I have experienced three very serious "cases." Molly's illness may well be similar in severity to those.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

yeah! If my speculation proves accurate, its unlikely, would it suggest that ME was also implicated in Jason's discoveries?
Both Feds..Related by marriage. Wonder what Jason's relationship with ME was?

My guess is that they were searching for other bank accounts that Jason might have kept at the office out of Molly's reach, plus the kids passports etc. Considering the state of the marriage, Molly might have also feared that Jason had even hired a private detective to search out any secrets, past or present, of hers. I think they thought Jason had things he kept from her at the office and they wanted whatever those things might be.

I think ME was called in by his sister to be Mr. Fixit and the family spokesman. Her husband, having murdered the man, could hardly do these things. ME was called upon to start the process of saving Molly and TM and getting Molly everything she wanted from the dead man...his money and his kids.

My opinion only.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members