GUILTY NC - Jason Corbett, 39, murdered in his Wallburg home, 2 Aug 2015 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yes i agree but now look at the WS journal one . As far as I'm aware the foreman drove a motorcycle so I imagine he didn't eat lunch on that . I would say that was completely innocent. I wonder if the witness took a photograph of this . Surely they would be in serious trouble if they did .

I think they said they met up immediately after court on Tuesday 8th. The judge will question the jurors, see if there was anything untoward going on. My gut is that the defence are trying to insinuate that the other person in the car was one of the two 'undecided' on the 8th.

If they had this information regarding two of the jurors, why did they not raise it as soon as Court sat on the 9th?

All IMO

Why and how would either the defence or the prosecution have any information about the jury's d?eliberations before they delivered the verdict?

Well, there will be no hiding the fact that MM is bipolar after this, even if there is a new trial. It's going to be all over the news as one of the reasons she got a new trial.
Her testimony in a court of law, in the custody case, can be brought to impeach her credibility.
Then, if she refuses to take the stand again, well, I believe she will be in a much worse position in any new trial.

If they bring in the children, my gut tells me that she is in for a brutal surprise. We heard the letter. They will be even older. Think about it.,

I think they said they met up immediately after court on Tuesday 8th. The judge will question the jurors, see if there was anything untoward going on. My gut is that the defence are trying to insinuate that the other person in the car was one of the two 'undecided' on the 8th.

If they had this information regarding two of the jurors, why did they not raise it as soon as Court sat on the 9th?

All IMO

Stephan it could also be something as simple as the weather. If the foreman drove a bike he may have wanted to wait until the rain stopped (https://www.wunderground.com/histor...eqdb.zip=27292&reqdb.magic=27&reqdb.wmo=99999) before heading home. There could be a thousand reasons for this that have nothing to do with the trial.

More interested in who the witness is and whether they took photos to prove it as was said before, taking photos of a sitting juror is a big no no.

All IMO

If a retrial is granted, has the defence & the M's themselves not tainted any future potential juror by using the National Airwaves to allow MM to take the stand outside the court room with her own story and telling a bunch of lies.

If a retrial is granted, has the defence & the M's themselves not tainted any future potential juror by using the National Airwaves to allow MM to take the stand outside the court room with her own story and telling a bunch of lies.

Except that thevprosecution can use that tape to impeach her. She stated that Jason was standing until the end. Imagine playing that snippet and showing the blood spatter low on the walls and the pictures of his skull. Didn't we want to vomit at her lies...because we knew the evidence,

This 20/20 interviewcwill be problematic for them.

Except that thevprosecution can use that tape to impeach her. She stated that Jason was standing until the end. Imagine playing that snippet and showing the blood spatter low on the walls and the pictures of his skull. Didn't we want to vomit at her lies...because we knew the evidence,

Yeah and her saying in the ABC program that she hoped that there would be some science that could prove what she was saying when in fact the science proves the opposite.

Also, TM saying that he hit him in the head while in the bathroom but blood expert found that there was not evidence of hitting in the bathroom, just blood transfer.

The other lie was TM saying he hit JC in the back of the head while he was holding MM. In those rooms, crowded with furniture, narrowing the hallway, that's just not possible for him to get a clean shot to the back of the head...and several times.

As I have posted so often here to hear juries speak and have the media and press question them is completely a NO NO for me for the very reason these killers are using. They have no defense and have no other appeal grounds. They had no defense at their trial either. Now the case is not closed because of this publicity with juries. That’s the reason I would never want to see juries go public in Ireland. It introduces complications everyone can well do without. But I don’t see any grounds for granting an appeal on jury deliberations. What they discuss in the jury room is for them and from I have seen in the past anecdotal evidence of jury deliberations in how they come to verdict being totally illogical and had no bearing in the trial legitimacy. Examples of such as “I don’t like like the look of him” or alternatively “he is too nice a guy to have raped her”. The fact the jury discussed in the jury room and some concluded MM is mad has no bearing in the trial. Jury deliberations in the jury room are of no concern of the courts. There is no evidence they went internet hunting or posting during the trial. And really the fear is in internet hunting for the courts is it could prejudice the jury in finding the accused had prior convictions. This does not apply here. What two jury members discussed in private is their own business as is alleged they sat in a car for 10 to 15 min is as relevant as a pig in a white shirt. What would have a bearing if they discussed the case with someone outside the jury and got advise on that or went internet searching which could have a bearing on broadening the whole trial scope as the jury must form their verdict on what was presented as evidence to them in court. I recall in Britain of recent where one juror told another that the defendant on trial had previous convictions which she found in an internet search. The other juror told the trial judge who immediately abandoned the trial and held the juror in contempt of court and from what I recall got a prison sentence.

Only real grounds I can see is that MM legal counsel failed to introduce evidence of MM instability at the trial and this instability would have led to a manslaughter verdict. But I don’t think this is the case here and very much it can be seen MM is not suffering from an insanity illness in that she is not able to distinguish what is legally wrong. In fact MM has a personality disorder and is not even a recognised psychiatric condition. A manipulative delusional grandiose, compulsive and vindictive personality is not insanity. These type of characters are a dime a dozen in every court every day and get no special legal treatment only far too often the indulgence of the courts in trying to reason with them. And for jury bias that is what juries are gathered for to give a verdict and as such its biased opinion.

Two convicted heinous murders grasping at a single straw, time they settled in in their pink jumpsuits and the clanging of metal bars.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-new...murder-verdict-to-be-thrown-out-36041055.html

If there was a retrial they could use this evidence to further the manipulative lying character of the defendant.

I think we are all going to be in nursing homes by the time they go away . Im very interested in the "witness" that saw the jurors . The witnesses word unless completely unbiased can't be acceptable to the court surely . I don't believe anyone biased would be interested who the jurors were or what they were doing .If it is one of MMS friends unless they can prove it with a photo or video recording I don't see how they can be believed but in that situation they could be joining Molly in her new residence .

Well, there will be no hiding the fact that MM is bipolar after this, even if there is a new trial. It's going to be all over the news as one of the reasons she got a new trial.
Her testimony in a court of law, in the custody case, can be brought to impeach her credibility.
Then, if she refuses to take the stand again, well, I believe she will be in a much worse position in any new trial.

If they bring in the children, my gut tells me that she is in for a brutal surprise. We heard the letter. They will be even older. Think about it.,

The C kids will never give evidence and will never appear in a NC court room. JC may be asked by a controlled video link from Ireland if there was a retrial to confirm the bat was his that's about as far as it goes. As for MM lawyers going on some type of solo run with him on witnessing DV it wont happen. His only question would be positively id the bat and that would have to be taken to Ireland under controlled police control and for him to give his evidence under the control of an Irish court. Custody of the kids and all that and for kids giving character evidence on MM wont happen.

1. Asthma is a chronic disease - https://www.asthma.ie/get-help/living-well-with-asthma/asthma-for-adults-elderly/athma-women . There are many and varied reasons which may indicate why MFC suffered an attack when she did. Kinky sex games 11 weeks after birth don't really seem plausible IMO. Someone more qualified than I, did indicate earlier in the thread that asthma affects one aspect of the respiratory tract and choking another, but either way, MFC was treated in a hospital the night she died and her death was investigated accordingly. Why was nothing untoward uncovered at that point?

Just for reference on this, it is not that rare to die from asthma in Ireland. There is a very high rate of asthma in Ireland -fourth highest in the world. There is one death per week from asthma in Ireland (total pop. less than 3.8million). In addition, pregnancy and post-partum hormones can cause or exacerbate asthma. MF had a 12-week old baby.
https://www.asthma.ie/get-help/resources/facts-figures-asthma
http://www.hse.ie/eng/about/Who/clinical/natclinprog/asthma/asthmaireland
http://www.webmd.com/asthma/features/asthma-women#1

My nine-year-old cousin died of a sudden asthma attack in the home. He was not even considered to have bad asthma. Panic can set in and a lot of Irish households are +30 minutes drive from the nearest hospital.

Bring it on defence, it will keep us busy until Christmas putting together all the evidence from mm own mouth anywhere she has typed or talked, that contradicts statements made in court and in her recent mad Mary interview. And perhaps all the hard work to date on this thread may have some use going forward. In my opinion they are opening Pandoras box going down this road.

Not only will it offend many lay persons and justice workers in D.C. but it also will force people like us who try to work with the facts to be on point with info we have. The defence forget they have a huge source that contradicts their arguments and that source is THEIR OWN CLIENT.

Jmo

Sent from my SM-T561 using Tapatalk

Killer Molly Martens has been adjusting well to life in prison since being convicted says her warden.The warden of the prison has offered an insight as to how Molly is getting on behind bars."As far as I am aware there has not been any issues with her behaviour and she has conducted herself as well as one could."

He added: "Prisoners do not have access to internet here.
http://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/killer-molly-martens-adjusting-prison-11003328

The wardens will be next

According to court papers, Molly Corbett has been diagnosed with bipolar disorder. But that was never presented to the jury, the motion says.

url]http://www.journalnow.com/news...8d-5732-998c-8f899c170ed0.html[/url]

So I think it's fair to say to anyone who has ever questioned our bipolar discussions here this confirms yes she has bipolar.

Does this also mean going forward with the appeal circus we are to get the chance to discuss more her alledged alcohol overconsumption, alledged abusive tendencies towards the children, lithium consumption? Erratic behaviour?

If anyone is on here wondering will the minors testify in any further proceedings, perhaps they will, is it not a possibility with the stringent laws in the US that a case for abuse could be made solely on what it is alledged she has done to minors in her care and continues to do? There is 2 years of examples of imo instances through her own words and doings and also the martens families words and doings that make me question further investigation of emotional or physical child abuse?

And if mm showed signs of this and continues to with the children imo it makes stronger case that she also behaved like this with JC. And I see a friend recently coming out and speaking up too ( can't link so won't post what was said) so yes #madmarygameon

Sent from my SM-T561 using Tapatalk

Just for reference on this, it is not that rare to die from asthma in Ireland. There is a very high rate of asthma in Ireland -fourth highest in the world. There is one death per week from asthma in Ireland (total pop. less than 3.8million). In addition, pregnancy and post-partum hormones can cause or exacerbate asthma. MF had a 12-week old baby.
https://www.asthma.ie/get-help/resources/facts-figures-asthma
http://www.hse.ie/eng/about/Who/clinical/natclinprog/asthma/asthmaireland
http://www.webmd.com/asthma/features/asthma-women#1

My nine-year-old cousin died of a sudden asthma attack in the home. He was not even considered to have bad asthma. Panic can set in and a lot of Irish households are +30 minutes drive from the nearest hospital.

Thanks for reinforcing my point. Sorry for your loss x

If two Jurors were talking in a car, unless their conversation was being taped, how could anyone know what they were discussing. I would think that the incident would then be classed as heresay, and hearsay has no place in a court of law. IMO

If two Jurors were talking in a car, unless their conversation was being taped, how could anyone know what they were discussing. I would think that the incident would then be classed as heresay, and hearsay has no place in a court of law. IMO

I can see the meeting in the car being explained away if that was the only thing, but his comment about private conversations is far from helpful. Unless he has a good explaination for his comment, I can see a retrail ordered, much as I don't like to say that. All their other points in the motion are just a way to emphasise this point imo and don't have too much credence. TM spoke on the stand about his FBI history and saying that he loved it, he appeared arrogant, that was not lost on the jury.

Now of course juryman could say something like that there were tears at the end of some of the days when the jurors left the court room and there was a bit on hugging going on to comfort them, brief little conversation of comfort but not discussing the case, it really depends on how the Judge sees it when they are interviewed. It is sickening that this has happened.

apparently no new evidence can be introduced if a retrial is to take place.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Paolo67
Back