GUILTY NC - Jason Corbett, 39, murdered in his Wallburg home, 2 Aug 2015 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
bbm

http://www.independent.ie/irish-new...ated-soninlaw-jason-court-hears-35989680.html

I posted about this in a prior thread...I interpret the quotes from the fingerprint expert to mean that fingerprint ridges were found but not identifiable, which could mean they were smudged or not of sufficient quality. This is totally different than none were found. IMO

eta: There is obviously a typo in the last statement - should be ridge detail not ride detail.
Yes, i can't understand how the "no prints on the bat" story is being perpetuated.

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

The question remains, if there was so much murderous activity with the bat, why were no identifying fingerprints found on it?

bbm

http://www.independent.ie/irish-new...ated-soninlaw-jason-court-hears-35989680.html

I posted about this in a prior thread...I interpret the quotes from the fingerprint expert to mean that fingerprint ridges were found but not identifiable, which could mean they were smudged or not of sufficient quality. This is totally different than none were found. IMO

eta: There is obviously a typo in the last statement - should be ridge detail not ride detail.

Hopefully not to draw to far off topic but I thought of this famous case in Durham, North Carolina which is about an hour away from Wallburg. The blood spatter expert was also pivotal in that case. Bludgeoning to the head was the cause of death but alledgedly with a blow poke. The defendant in the case had some ties to law enforcement. There were some issues with the evidence brought up in court and the verdict was overturned. I think the blood spatter expert was solid in the Corbett case but just wanted to show that there were issues with evidence in North Carolina's legal history.

The verdict was overturned by Superior Court Judge Orlando Hudson after defense lawyers brought forward evidence about one of the prosecution’s expert witnesses at the 2003 trial.

That witness, Duane Deaver, a former State Bureau of Investigation blood analyst, was forced out of his job several years ago after an independent review of the state crime lab revealed problems with some of his cases.

http://www.newsobserver.com/news/local/crime/article67608237.html

The photo at the link shows Michael Peterson’s court file revealing evidence that attorneys say was improperly stored.

I somehow doubt that it was the Martens who financed Molly's move to Ireland. That was never established, was it? I don't recall ever seeing it in MSM.

I have numerous friends who have employed au pairs. Reputable agencies strongly advise against paying for the initial flights. If the work has been satisfactory, you may pay for the departure flight at the end of service.

https://www.aupairworld.com/en/au_pair/travel_costs

Unfortunately, the screening is not as rigorous as I once believed. You must have a doctor fill out a form and a criminal check, but apparently no access to medical records. After this case, I feel that's a false sense of security when someone like MM can be acceptable to an au pair agency.

In any event, JC had already used au pairs before. I doubt highly that he would just chose someone outside of an accredited agency, after the tragedy he'd just experienced. And because he had done this before.

MM had no job and no money, was being supported by KM who did not buy the ticket.

The most likely source of the funds to get MM and her drama out if their lives was TM and/or SM.

Perhaps we will learn at the civil trial.

I have numerous friends who have employed au pairs. Reputable agencies strongly advise against paying for the initial flights. If the work has been satisfactory, you may pay for the departure flight at the end of service.

https://www.aupairworld.com/en/au_pair/travel_costs

Unfortunately, the screening is not as rigorous as I once believed. You must have a doctor fill out a form and a criminal check, but apparently no access to medical records. After this case, I feel that's a false sense of security when someone like MM can be acceptable to an au pair agency.

In any event, JC had already used au pairs before. I doubt highly that he would just chose someone outside of an accredited agency, after the tragedy he'd just experienced. And because he had done this before.

MM had no job and no money, was being supported by KM who did not buy the ticket.

The most likely source of the funds to get MM and her drama out if their lives was TM and/or SM.

Perhaps we will learn at the civil trial.
We've seen no evidence whatever that Molly was employed through an agency, reputable or otherwise. I suspect if she had been we would be hearing about the agency also being sued.

We've seen no evidence whatever that Molly was employed through an agency, reputable or otherwise. I suspect if she had been we would be hearing about the agency also being sued.

We have also seen no evidence that Jason would entrust his children to just a random ad placer in a newspaper. He was a business man. He adored his children. This stranger would be alone, in charge of JC's most precious possessions.

I think it highly unlikely that he was choosing a nanny that carelessly. I also do not see the Lynches as highly litigious people...looking to sue everyone with the slightest connection to their tragedy.

But, as I say, we may find out at the civil trial.

We have also seen no evidence that Jason would entrust his children to just a random ad placer in a newspaper. He was a business man. He adored his children. This stranger would be alone, in charge of JC's most precious possessions.

I think it highly unlikely that he was choosing a nanny that carelessly. I also do not see the Lynches as highly litigious people...looking to sue everyone with the slightest connection to their tragedy.

But, as I say, we may find out at the civil trial.
I hope we will find out at the civil trial. The question of how Molly came to be hired has bothered me from day one.

Rage and insomnia. I've always wondered if that's how this murder started as well. Everyone in bed. Molly in her maniac phase, roaming about in a fury. Maybe the second or third day with no sleep.

She roams outside...gets a brick from the garden. She gets a bat from the garage. She is madder and madder and there he sleeps, oblivious.

Uh huh!
But ... the Trazadone ...?

I am betting that Mastermind TM sits in his cell and frets over these civil suit depositions. It's not just the money. It's their reputations...the shredding of the fantasy of decency and integrity.

TM must know that MM is totally unpredictable if they upset her or make her mad. She will not be treated with kid gloves. Remember her stomping out of the trial that day? Put her in that fury having to answer questions....

Then there's SM. TM may not have prepped her story in detail. He intended to carry the whole storyline himself. But they have plenty of areas to cover where SM is directly involved...going back well before the murder as well.

Maybe they can even bring in the financing of the trip to Ireland for a daughter just out of a mental hospital to care for infants....as that deliberate act planted their mentally ill daughter in the C household...the first step in this tragedy.

mary---to me, your last paragraph has always bothered me tremendously. TM and SM almost certainly had full knowledge of MM applying for, being accepted, and planning travel to Ireland to be placed with this unsuspecting family. To me, this act was unconscionable, all because they wanted her off their hands, so as to maintain this perfect, family, image. Then, when people asked about her, they could proudly say, "M has moved to Ireland to be a nanny." You are so right, mary, this event, was the first step to this tragedy. If there was an agency involved in hiring her, I would think they would be held liable.

IMHO

In relation to the calls made by MM to the parents during that drive, did they say in court that all the calls were made to TM? Or even whether they could prove which one in the vehicle took the calls regardless of what phone it was made to. I don't recall the information reported on being so specific. The jist that I got of the questioning was that numerous calls had been made (nothing specific as to which phone was being rung) and that as TM was in the car all that time, regardless if he was driving or not, then he should know what had been discussed. Maybe I picked it up wrong. Did TM even testify that he had been the one who had done all the driving. I would suspect that telephone records were entered into court records as evidence. Shame we don't have the court transcripts yet to find out exactly what was said.
They did not mention it, but the search warrants requested phone text records from molly to sm and from Molly to TM for several weeks preceding the murder and for some time subsequent. However, I noticed that the same mobile number was given for both sm and tm.
they also requested extremely in depth computer records and included deleted material in their request.
These were all granted,
However, warrants specify Murder 1, its possible they were executed as Murder 1 evidence, but as the case subsequently changed to murder 2, I am not sure they were required for the evidence to be presented in Murder2.
They would have been more specific to pre meditation and not to overkill with malice.

I actually have no idea what happens to this type of evidence.
do they store it, save it, present copies to defence?
Can any of it be used in the civil trial? probably not.
Interesting speculation.. I would like to know.

Uh huh!
But ... the Trazadone ...?

trazadone could have been going on for weeks or months.. particularly if she habitually sneaked out at night to meet up with reconnected old boyfriend.

This is accurate.
But after we received this information, we learnt from TM testimony that there had been a tug for the bat with up to 4 hands on it at the same time.. There is a possibility in light of this information that bat had indeed been wiped.. because all surfaces were not equally smudged or equally susceptible to hand or finger prints.. I think now, there should have been more.. or at least some.

Rage and insomnia. I've always wondered if that's how this murder started as well. Everyone in bed. Molly in her maniac phase, roaming about in a fury. Maybe the second or third day with no sleep.

She roams outside...gets a brick from the garden. She gets a bat from the garage. She is madder and madder and there he sleeps, oblivious.
Seems to have been a pattern throughout. KmG, the sleepless nights he put in with her, I recall him mentioning in the book the pacing, insomnia, she was pulled on a driving offence all hours in the morning too while married to Jason? She got The tradazone because she couldn't sleep, The murder occured in the middle of the night, and then those posts, always in the dark of night.

I wonder who she raves to in the dark of night now?

Jmo

Sent from my SM-T561 using Tapatalk

Didn't some neighbor report seeing someone leave the house in the early morning hours? Maybe that was MM outside, gathering another weapon.
I always wonder was this where the civil suit comes in. Did a third party leave the house with evidence, destroy it?, was it retrieved at a later time when the fuss died down, ?
After all, if it was believed to be a self defence case in the first few hours, would anyone have thought to search the surrounding area? Not much blood on those clothes the perps were wearing was there.

Jmo

Anyone have that traffic stop mm had handy? I can't find it.

I always wonder was this where the civil suit comes in. Did a third party leave the house with evidence, destroy it?, was it retrieved at a later time when the fuss died down, ?
After all, if it was believed to be a self defence case in the first few hours, would anyone have thought to search the surrounding area? Not much blood on those clothes the perps were wearing was there.

Jmo

I've wondered about the clothes too. Why isn't there more blood on those clothes? That picture of MM holding her hands out at the police station looks like she just came from a disappointing pajama party not the scene of a rage killing. The small amount they found could have been picked up as they staged the scene or moved the vacuum.

Another puzzle.

They did not mention it, but the search warrants requested phone text records from molly to sm and from Molly to TM for several weeks preceding the murder and for some time subsequent. However, I noticed that the same mobile number was given for both sm and tm.
they also requested extremely in depth computer records and included deleted material in their request.
These were all granted,
However, warrants specify Murder 1, its possible they were executed as Murder 1 evidence, but as the case subsequently changed to murder 2, I am not sure they were required for the evidence to be presented in Murder2.
They would have been more specific to pre meditation and not to overkill with malice.

I actually have no idea what happens to this type of evidence.
do they store it, save it, present copies to defence?
Can any of it be used in the civil trial? probably not.
Interesting speculation.. I would like to know.

I have no idea tbh whether evidence gained in criminal case can be used in civil case or visa versa. Would be interesting to know. Maybe certain information like statements can be used if they are presented in the criminal case but unsure as to other data gained.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx
Back