GUILTY NC - Jason Corbett, 39, murdered in his Wallburg home, 2 Aug 2015 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Mr Corbett’s sister Tracey, who spearheaded a high-profile ‘Justice for Jason’ campaign in Limerick, will next month publish a book on “the untold story of the murder” entitled ‘My Brother Jason’.

<snip>

The NCDPS confirmed that while her father has a scheduled release date of August 3, 2037 – a 20-year prison sentence – Martens had her scheduled release date provisionally extended to July 28, 2041, a 24-year prison term.

However, after a special custody review by prison officials, her release date has now been restored to August 3, 2037.

It is understood Martens was warned that any further rule breaches could result in her release date being permanently extended.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.in...ears-in-jail-for-breaking-rules-36787549.html

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I thought slayer statute means that murderer cannot benefit financially from death of victim? How is she allowed 50% of the house proceeds?

She was half-owner of the house, she retains that 50%. She can't benefit from Jason's 50% share of house, but not from life insurance, etc.

Sad article about rift in Jason's family over publication of book. Too much to quote, but some that want it private, while others want his character cleared and funds to support the children.

https://www.limerickleader.ie/news/...ick-man-jason-corbett-sparks-family-rift.html

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

How sad, tragic really, to have come to this point - tragedies too often break up families. I understand the sister Tracy will be appearing publicly on Irish chat show to be interviewed on this book she co-authored.

MM has been in trouble again according to the Dept of Public Safety..
She has 3 infractions against her now,on the 2nd of May,she got the other 2,one is for "Disobey Order" and the other one is for "No Threat Contraband"..

MM has been in trouble again according to the Dept of Public Safety..
She has 3 infractions against her now,on the 2nd of May,she got the other 2,one is for "Disobey Order" and the other one is for "No Threat Contraband"..

News report

"Killer Molly Martens has been cited for two further serious breaches of prison rules – just weeks after she avoided having three years added to her sentence for going on ‘unauthorised leave’."

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news...ter-breaking-prison-rules-again-36888598.html

News report

"Killer Molly Martens has been cited for two further serious breaches of prison rules &#8211; just weeks after she avoided having three years added to her sentence for going on &#8216;unauthorised leave&#8217;."

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news...ter-breaking-prison-rules-again-36888598.html

Don't see how she doesn't get the full 25 now, not for 2 additional infractions so quickly after the first, and one being disobeying an order. They could also move her to a higher security prison. Molly Martens spent most of her life "skirting the rules" and getting away with it, doing as she pleased. Not in prison, that's not the way it works, as she's finding out.

Some of you may have seen Tracey Lynch on the Late Late Show last Friday where she described certain matters contained in the book, such as Jason having a suitcase packed with cloths for him and the kids on the night he was murdered. He had been searching out flight that day. I remember the picture from the crime scene where there was an Irish passport on the night locker. Herself and the children being driven to the airport in consulate cars and TM brother searching out all flights to find them. MM visiting a lawyer within weeks of their marriage to establish what right she had to the children. Today, she did an interview on RTE Radio 1 along with the journalist who co-wrote the book.

At the time I heard about the book being written I did have some doubts as to whether it should be written but I can now understand why. The amount of lies that were told about JC by MM & her family and friends were totally unjustified, painted him in a terrible light and then MM & TM going on ABC 20/20 telling their story to the nation. The book debunks the lies and re-establishes JC good name.

You can listen to the radio interview on the following link... https://www.rte.ie/radio/utils/radioplayer/rteradioweb.html#!rii=b9_21368843_15946__

Some of you may have seen Tracey Lynch on the Late Late Show last Friday where she described certain matters contained in the book, such as Jason having a suitcase packed with cloths for him and the kids on the night he was murdered. He had been searching out flight that day. I remember the picture from the crime scene where there was an Irish passport on the night locker. Herself and the children being driven to the airport in consulate cars and TM brother searching out all flights to find them. MM visiting a lawyer within weeks of their marriage to establish what right she had to the children. Today, she did an interview on RTE Radio 1 along with the journalist who co-wrote the book.

At the time I heard about the book being written I did have some doubts as to whether it should be written but I can now understand why. The amount of lies that were told about JC by MM & her family and friends were totally unjustified, painted him in a terrible light and then MM & TM going on ABC 20/20 telling their story to the nation. The book debunks the lies and re-establishes JC good name.

You can listen to the radio interview on the following link... https://www.rte.ie/radio/utils/radioplayer/rteradioweb.html#!rii=b9_21368843_15946__

Frizby, agreed, I too had some reservations about a book being published especially after the publicized discord within the Corbett family. However, I thought TL, WC and MC came across very well on the show (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbxYKXoHius for anyone who missed it, or cannot access it via the rte player).

As for the book, I understood the reasons they had for wanting to publish it. I really enjoyed the neighbours talking about the kind of person that JC was and their memories of him. There were a few things in the book that I had not heard through the media before its publication. Such as MM telling both SC and JC that their father had killed their mother. That is evil. The industrial cleaning of the house within hours of her leaving the police station (how lucky that the police did such a good job of photographing the scene at the time). That JC himself had approached a lawyer with respect to a possible divorce and ensuring he would retain the children. The missing phone and personal computer etc.

I also found it telling that TL would not go into detail about the testimony that TM gave stating '.... including the warning that his testimony might actually help to incriminate him. It did, and while I cannot go into all the details as there are still legal issues pending, it was helpful' page 182. It will be interesting as to what was said that is so helpful to the Corbett family (I am assuming this will be in regard to the civil trial).

All views are IMO.

You can listen to the radio interview on the following link... RTÉ Radio Player: Radio Just Got Easier

JC's packed suitcase along with his laptop and mobile phone were all missing from the house that night of the murder, the police found nothing - who aided and abetted in murder. Molly also had house industrial-cleansed that very next day. There are companies that specialize in cleaning crime scenes. There was no way she could have testified on her own behalf, but I don't think any of the Martens ever contemplated having to.

Molly Martens spent $5,500 on industrial clean of blood stains, preventing forensic tests - Independent.ie

The excellent book by Tracey Lynch answered many questions for me about the trial but left me even more puzzled by the peculiarity of the Martens family.

There was no way MM could testify. There were too many lies in her history that would have shredded her credibility. Look at the picture of her from the night of the murder...wearing her immaculate pajamas with a fur coat flung over her shoulders....the EMT’s said Jason’s body was pooling with blood. How did she give CPR and her clothes remain pristine? I hope SM is enjoying the last year or so of a comfortable life. The civil trial which can and will admit so much more evidence, should leave her taking the buses to her various prison visits.

But what has me more puzzled than ever is the family reaction to Jason’s death...and I’m including extended family here. They all knew of MM’s mental instability. They all knew she was a pathological liar. Why was JC so hated when he had taken her off their hands? Why was his heinous death treated with the insouciance of putting down a nasty dog? Why was the separation of MM from her “children” regarded on their FB pages as the more outrageous crime? How could anyone view the extent of that carnage and not fear that one day, one of the children could be another victim?

But what has me more puzzled than ever is the family reaction to Jason’s death...and I’m including extended family here. They all knew of MM’s mental instability. They all knew she was a pathological liar. Why was JC so hated when he had taken her off their hands? Why was his heinous death treated with the insouciance of putting down a nasty dog? Why was the separation of MM from her “children” regarded on their FB pages as the more outrageous crime? How could anyone view the extent of that carnage and not fear that one day, one of the children could be another victim?

IMO it was because he was going to leave her. Ruin the wonderful facade she had put up. If JC had left her and taken the children what would she have left? A big house, maybe. But the fact that she weaved a web of deceit especially regarding maternity of the children; that would have hard to deal with in the community.

And the family, well it is clear they put their own image much higher than the life of an innocent man.

All IMO

We all knew she was not a victim of domestic abuse but if any doubt remained, her continual breeches of prison rules verify it. This woman is not a victim. Even in prison she cannot follow the rules set. This is what happens after a lifetime of enablement. She thinks she is better than all the other prisoners and that the rules don't apply to her.

MM has been moved back to high security prision that she was in when first sentenced...

I don't believe in coincidences - Molly Martens prison review for latest breeches of prison rules, one which could see her sentence extended to 25 years, is on August 1st, the anniversary of the night when the Martens murdered Jason Corbett. Life is a boomerang, what you give you get.
Molly Martens: Woman who murdered her Irish husband sent to high-security jail after breaching prison rules | The Irish Post

Excellent review of Tracey Corbett Lynch Book, My Brother Jason... and how we don't spot the monsters living among us. Will the prison system take the psychiatric report on Molly in to consideration during review, when considering to add on the 5 years of her 20-25 sentence?

Tom and Molly Martens: Trying and failing to spot the monsters in one’s midst | BusinessPost.ie

Book Review ~ Kevin Power
Sunday Business Post 10.06.18
“TRYING AND FAILING TO SPOT THE MONSTERS IN ONE’S MIDST”

MyBrotherJason: The Untold Story of
Jason Corbett’s Life and Brutal Murder by Tom and Molly Martens.
- Tracey Corbett-Lynch with Ralph Riegel ~ Gill Books

In 1941, an American psychiatrist named Hervey Cleckley published a book called The Mask of Sanity, in which he proposed a new theory of human evil. Living among us, Cleckley said, were psychopaths: people who, by any standard psychometric criteria, appeared perfectly normal, but who secretly lacked both empathy and guilt.
Cleckley’s belief in the existence of psychopaths has not been universally accepted. In lire Journalist and the Murderer (1990), her classic study of the convicted murderer Jeffrey MacDonald, Janet Mal colm pointed out that a diagnosis of psychopathy was still largely in the eye of the beholder. Malcolm has a point. Despite the popularization of clinical ideas about psychopathy, we are still left with the mystery of evil - the question of why certain human beings spread emotional and physical destruction wherever they go, often disguising their cruelties behind a facade of energy, charisma and glamour.
Tracey Corbett-Lynch’s family encountered such an enemy of happiness. Her name was Molly Martens. In August 2015, Molly and her father Tom murdered Corbett-Lynch’s brother Jason in cold blood, beating him to death with a baseball bat and a paving stone in the bedroom of his home in North Carolina. Molly was Jason’s wife. She had entered his life as a rescuer - arriving in Limerick in the aftermath of the tragically early death of Jason’s first wife, Margaret; trailing qualifications and warmth, Molly had worked as an au pair for Jason’s young children. Gradually, Jason and Molly fell in love. When Jason moved to Lexington, North Carolina, for work in 2011, Molly went with him.
But Molly was not what she appeared to be. Her qualifications (she had supposedly graduated from Clemson University and trained as a Montessori teacher) were fictional. “Initially,” Corbett-Lynch writes, Molly “came across as a very nice person, kind and considerate.”
Soon, however, Jason’s family and friends were beginning to track the warning signs: her stories “very often conflicted with things she had already told us”. If Jason didn’t pay her enough attention, she acted up.
According to a psychiatric report prepared in 2008, Molly was at one point taking 16 different medications daily for a diagnosis of bipolar disorder. Her behaviour at her wedding to Jason - at the ominously named Bleak House in Tennessee - was alarming. Jason’s family were, of course, unprepared for the storm of destruction that Molly would cause. Born and raised in Janesboro in Limerick, the Corbetts were happy in the way of all happy families - and Jason and his six siblings enjoyed “a childhood packed with happy memories” Jason had a good job at Field Boxmore (later MPS). He was hardworking and a bit of a romantic. When Margaret died of an asthma attack, aged 31, Jason struggled on, raising nearly €35,000 for the Irish Asthma Society.
It wasn’t just bad luck that brought Jason together with Molly Martens; she had been scouring the web for “a young, lonely widower with very young children” whom she could manipulate and deceive. At first, Molly and her father Tom (an ex-FBI agent) claimed that they had murdered Jason in self defence. The opening chapters of My Brother Jason, Corbett-Lynch’s compelling account of Jason’s life and death, show us Molly and Tom moving smoothly to cremate Jason’s remains, to prevent an autopsy; only the hard work of Jason’s family thwarted this plan. During an arduously prolonged investigation and trial, Molly’s true nature was exposed. She was, Corbett-Lynch writes, “capable of many things - lies, self-centered behavior, fantasies, manipulation and even drugging people without their knowledge”.
From the beginning, Tracey “knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that Jason had been murdered”. Tom and Molly’s behaviour in the aftermath of Jason’s death - attempting to fly a banner over Limerick city wishing his bereaved children a happy birthday, appearing on ABC’s 20/20 to tell lies about Jason’s alleged penchant for physical abuse - only confirmed Tracey’s suspicions.
In My Brother Jason, Tracey recounts the emotional and financial costs involved in exposing her brother’s murderers - the legal bills, the flights, the desperate uncertainties about the outcome of the trial. For anyone who followed the case, My Brother Jason will, of course, prove a fascinating read - but it is also a sobering testimony to the love and commitment of a single family coping with unimaginable tragedy.
Last August, Molly and Tom Martens were at last found guilty of Jason’s murder. They were each sentenced to a minimum of 20 years in prison. My Brother Jason is a moving act of commemoration, and a grippingly told story of justice finally done. But it also leads us to meditate on the questions that Hervey Cleckley left unanswered: where do they come from, these normal monsters? And how do we spot them, before it’s too late?

I don't believe in coincidences - Molly Martens prison review for latest breeches of prison rules, one which could see her sentence extended to 25 years, is on August 1st, the anniversary of the night when the Martens murdered Jason Corbett. Life is a boomerang, what you give you get.
Molly Martens: Woman who murdered her Irish husband sent to high-security jail after breaching prison rules | The Irish Post

From your article:

Martens faces a review hearing on August 1, which could result in additional time being added to her sentence.

Let's hope she is held accountable!

One nightmare has finally ended for the family of JC. The family in Limerick have finally got Facebook to remove the images of the children from MM Facebook page, also images removed from SM & ME.

From the Bring Justice for Jason FB page....
It has taken nearly 3 years, longer then it took to convict Jason’s murderers. But Jack & Sarah’s images have finally been removed from the Facebook page of the person who murdered their father. They have also been removed from her associated family members. Most notably Sharon Martens & Mona Earnest (in her attempts to antagonize Jason’s family & the people who supported them.)

Jason's children and his family had been victimised by an online hate campaign by Molly Martens and her supporters for 2 years until she was finally convicted. Facebook provided the platform for this and ignored pleas from Tracey and those of the public that supported protecting two innocent children from being used in an effort to evade justice.

Bring Justice for Jason

Last edited:
One nightmare has finally ended for the family of JC. The family in Limerick have finally got Facebook to remove the images of the children from MM Facebook page, also images removed from SM & ME.

From the Bring Justice for Jason FB page....

Bring Justice for Jason

Thank God, I knew the pictures were still on their pages, which wasn't just antagonistic, but also dangerous to minor children. The mother is also a professor at college, so if anyone understood how dangerous it is to make minors' pictures public like that it was her. thought it was prison policy to have prisoner shut down their Facebook page? I know she doesn't have access, so someone must be updating it for her?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Owlsorflowers
Back