GUILTY NC - Jason Corbett, 39, murdered in his Wallburg home, 2 Aug 2015 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This may already have been posted - impossible to read so many threads, so apologies if it has.

This interview with MF (Mags' mum) completely and utterly debunks Thomas Martens claims about his conversation with her husband ....

[video=youtube;Zg83BdNjwKA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zg83BdNjwKA[/video]

In relation to the foreman's wife not agreeing... She could have sent him a text once the verdict was announced on twitter/local news. There was a small time gap between verdict and sentence. Did I read somewhere that the judge after it was all over came into the jury room to thank them? It was prob a while before jury got away to speak to any family.

He did not say that his wife did not agree - his wife MAY not agree. It seemed to me he did not yet know what her opinion was.

He did not say that his wife did not agree - his wife MAY not agree. It seemed to me he did not yet know what her opinion was.
Thats how I heard it too.. he said numerous people might not agree, his wife might not agree..
It was a general statement on the popularity or otherwise of the decision, he went on to say that jury had seen more evidence up close than others.

Thats how I heard it too.. he said numerous people might not agree, his wife might not agree..
It was a general statement on the popularity or otherwise of the decision, he went on to say that jury had seen more evidence up close than others.

You're spot on.

It is all interpretation i guess but i hear nothing in the interview which "debunks" TMs claim that MF told him that he felt Jason was to blame for the death of his daughter.

Mrs F comes across as a decent woman but no wife can state with certainty that her husband never said something.

Something bother me about the alleged comments of Mr. F. I cant get my head around the "denial" that he wrote.

Why did he file a denial with his solicitor? Who advised him to do so? When did they advise him to do so?

I can ask my solicitor to record any statement I wish to make. It does not mean that the statement is in anyway correct.

This may already have been posted - impossible to read so many threads, so apologies if it has.

This interview with MF (Mags' mum) completely and utterly debunks Thomas Martens claims about his conversation with her husband ....

[video=youtube;Zg83BdNjwKA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zg83BdNjwKA[/video]

It is all interpretation i guess but i hear nothing in the interview which "debunks" TMs claim that Mr F told him that he felt Jason was to blame for the death of his daughter.

Mrs F comes across as a decent woman but no wife can state with certainty that her husband never said something.

Something bother me about the alleged comments of Mr. F. I cant get my head around the "denial" that he wrote.

Why did he file a denial with his solicitor? Who advised him to do so? When did they advise him to do so?

I can ask my solicitor to record any statement I wish to make. It does not mean that the statement is in anyway correct.

Yes but Mr F made a 3 HR trip to Dublin to make a sworn affidavit while terminal ill or is he not to believed over Tom Martens either . These are convicted murderers why does their word trump all .

Attachments

• IMG_5270.jpg
    IMG_5270.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 20
It is all interpretation i guess but i hear nothing in the interview which "debunks" TMs claim that Mr Fitzpatrick told him that he felt Jason was to blame for the death of his daughter.

Mrs Fitzpatrick comes across as a decent woman but no wife can state with certainty that her husband never said something.

Something bother me about the alleged comments of Mr. Fitzpatrick. I cant get my head around the "denial" that he wrote.

I think you're in danger of wandering into the realms of fantasy now. Mr Fitzpatrick was a grown man, of sound mind, who swore an affidavit of his own free will. He was also Mags Fitzpatrick's father, and no relation to Jason Corbett. If he harboured suspicions I see no reason why he would keep them silent and not even confide in his wife - indeed, I see no reason that he wouldn't voice those suspicions to the gardaí in Limerick at the time of his daughter's death. Am I supposed to believe that he kept quiet to his own family and to the Irish authorities at the time, and only confided in Tom Martens, a man he hardly knew?

It seems far more likely to me that after Mr Fitzpatrick died, the Martens thought they could put whatever words they liked into his mouth without being contradicted, which is why they invented a conversation that never took place, at a wedding Mr Fitzpatrick never even attended.

It is all interpretation i guess but i hear nothing in the interview which "debunks" TMs claim that Mr Fitzpatrick told him that he felt Jason was to blame for the death of his daughter.

Mrs Fitzpatrick comes across as a decent woman but no wife can state with certainty that her husband never said something.

Something bother me about the alleged comments of Mr. Fitzpatrick. I cant get my head around the "denial" that he wrote.

The question is why tM lied? why he murdered?
Why you dont believe he did is no excuse to impugn on the character integrity or reputation of a man you never knew.
This has been discussed extensively in previous posts and threads, I suggest you read them now.People are tired. I am tired.

By your logic the 911 dispatcher , the whole sheriffs department, everyone in the Das office , the grand jury , the 12 jurors , the trial judge , the blood spatter expert , the paramedics, the pathologist , the Lynchs , the Corbetts, the Fitzpatricks , every MPS employee,the whole of Ireland and part of the population of Winston Salem all decided to conspire against Molly and Tom and frame them for murder and make them out to be liars . Do you realise how ridiculous that sounds

I think you're in danger of wandering into the realms of fantasy now. Mr Fitzpatrick was a grown man, of sound mind, who swore an affidavit of his own free will. He was also Mags Fitzpatrick's father, and no relation to Jason Corbett. If he harboured suspicions I see no reason why he would keep them silent and not even confide in his wife - indeed, I see no reason that he wouldn't voice those suspicions to the gardaí in Limerick at the time of his daughter's death. Am I supposed to believe that he kept quiet to his own family and to the Irish authorities at the time, and only confided in Tom Martens, a man he hardly knew?

It seems far more likely to me that after Mr Fitzpatrick died, the Martens thought they could put whatever words they liked into his mouth without being contradicted, which is why they invented a conversation that never took place, at a wedding Mr Fitzpatrick never even attended.

But the Martens must have come up with that conversation BEFORE Mr Fitzpatrick died, else why would he travel to sign an affidavit that he did not say it?

But the Martens must have come up with that conversation BEFORE Mr Fitzpatrick died, else why would he travel to sign an affidavit that he did not say it?

Actually that's a good point. When did that allegation first surface?

Maybe TM thought so little of the uneducated Mr Fitzpatrick with his unintelligible Irish accent that he thought he could put whatever words he liked into his mouth anyway, and if he was called to give evidence in an American court, a smartypants defense lawyer could make him look foolish and the jury wouldn't understand him in the first place.

This is one of three stories that I think TM cooked up...that do not exactly reflect well on his so called "intelligence."

Dumb story one...why does MMhave a brick on her nightstand?
Because...she was going to do a one-brick paint project with two kids, using a crumbling old brick and painting on a mahogany surface above an off white bedroom carpet.

Dumb story 2: Why did TM have a bat by his bed.
Answer...it was a gift to replace an older bat...which was never found and looked identical to this bat.

Dumb story 3: what caused your State of mind that led to murder?
Answer: I was told at my daughter's wedding by MFitz that he believed JC killed his daughter. Uhhhh...But he wasn't at the wedding. Well, it was somewhere. It made me worry enough to slaughter a man, but gee, I'm not sure exactly where I heard it.

Can't you just see the family pow-wow, where they are all putting this nonsense together? And you, Sharon, you see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil. TM flies out of the bedroom with a bat. She hears sirens, lights flashing, emergency buts into the house, daughter hysterical...and SM sits surrounded by four cell phones...and opens the door.."Is everything all right? "

Did you stop by for a donut? How'd my husband make out with the bat?

I know that the question of Mr F sworn statement has been dealt with by previous posters, so I am not commenting on that. But this is a pattern that both MM & TM have applied throughout this whole case.

Take for example MM, she expressly posted on her facebook account that the Guardians broke into her house in December 2015. The post is still there. She puts up a real sob story all the while slating the guardians, accusing them of all sorts. Her supporters bought into it hook, line and sinker. MM, in her post, explains as to how the guardian did not find the clothes, those precious items for the children but they had no problem going through her drawers, her bathroom and taking sports pictures of the children, removing them from the frames.

Law enforcement issued Search Warrants for the property that time, it is detailed on such warrants the items that they seized, which includes photos. It also states in the search warrants that they left a copy of the warrant at the property, they have to leave a copy when there is no one there. But MM does not tell the truth about this, she uses it as an opportunity to slate the Irish family and garnish support.

But the Martens must have come up with that conversation BEFORE Mr F died, else why would he travel to sign an affidavit that he did not say it?
I'm puzzled why he would have travelled to Dublin to make his affidavit especially when he was terminally ill. Any solicitor in limerick would have drafted and swore it for him or indeed a notary public would have signed and sealed it if it was required for US legal purposes. There are notary publics in limerick and in neighbouring Co Clare if he didn't want to go local but all the way to Dublin is rather odd.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Actually that's a good point. When did that allegation first surface?

Maybe TM thought so little of the uneducated Mr F with his unintelligible Irish accent that he thought he could put whatever words he liked into his mouth anyway, and if he was called to give evidence in an American court, a smartypants defense lawyer could make him look foolish and the jury wouldn't understand him in the first place.

Not everyone in the MM camp was a friend, this is evident from what was put on her FB page last week.

I'm puzzled why he would have travelled to Dublin to make his affidavit especially when he was terminally ill. Any solicitor in limerick would have drafted and swore it for him or indeed a notary public would have signed and sealed it if it was required for US legal purposes. There are notary publics in limerick and in neighbouring Co Clare if he didn't want to go local but all the way to Dublin is rather odd.

I don't know the answer but it's quite possible that he was spending quite a bit of time in Dublin for treatment. Most of the main cancer hospitals are in dublin.

Maybe the solicitor dealing with the case was in Dublin and he wanted to speak with them directly about the allegation. Most of the top solicitors would be based in Dublin.

Think about it. He was old, he knew he wasn't long for this world.
The trial could (and did) happen long after he was dead.
He might not have had the education, job security and status of TM, but he was still an intelligent man.
He was also someone who, long after his daughter's death, still maintained a friendship with his former son-in-law, JC.
MM and family, not satisfied with also slandering JC, were now targetting him, thinking he was just some stupid Irishman.

What I think is this:

He wanted to make sure that his words could not be taken out of context in the event of his own death. He did what he could to ensure the lie about his daughter's death would be exposed. Which was to get it in writing that TM's conversation with him never happened and to file that with a solicitor.

Turned out that was the right call, since his wife's words are being dismissed as mere hearsay.

If he was receiving cancer treatment he was most likely going to Dublin on a regular basis anyway. It would make sense for him to arrange a solicitor's appointment close to whichever hospital he was attending rather than near his home.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coffee Wakeling 95
Back