GUILTY NC - Jason Corbett, 39, murdered in his Wallburg home, 2 Aug 2015 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
stories get legs and they walk and they run and speculation is endless and pointless.
The affadavit was lodged with a Limerick solicitor quite a long time before Mr F became ill. he also lodged his daughter Mag's autopsy with it. This suggests Tm wild allegation was made the night of the murder.
There are cancer treatment centres throughout Ireland.
Mr F received his treatment in Limerick, he was not an old man, he was a young vibrant highly intelligent man.
The community still grieves his passing, he was a friend to many.

Also, his illness was a very short one, a couple of months, not years and he was expected to make a full recovery.
His death was a terrible shock to one and all.

stories get legs and they walk and they run and speculation is endless and pointless.
The affadavit was lodged with a Limerick solicitor quite a long time before Mr F became ill. he also lodged his daughter Mag's autopsy with it. This suggests Tm wild allegation was made the night of the murder.
Mr F received his treatment in Limerick, he was not an old man, he was a young vibrant highly intelligent man.

Also, his illness was a very short one, a couple of months, not years and he was expected to make a full recovery.

It's just unfathomable the hurt this Martens family is willing to do...to other families...to preserve the notion that their daughter is sane.

Thanks kitty for clarifying this, it makes much more sense for him to have made it in limerick after all if he attended a solicitor in Dublin they would have not known who he was or whether he was telling the truth and would have been reluctant to swear it for him as a solicitor must be careful with such affidavits in case they have to stand over the content. His own family solicitor in limerick would have known him and would have trusted his account of the situation. You are right about stories getting legs!!!

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the clarification kitty you've cleared that up don't understand why it's still even an issue. It's the word of a man of great integrity vs 2 convicted murderers. I know who I'm going to believe every time

Oh that's terrible! I had no idea, apologies for my assumptions.

Tbh, I see nothing unusual with filing something like that with a solicitor. It's a logical course of action to take. Some solicitors will even advertise a pop in and chat session for free, to see if they can get some actual clients/work out of it.

Oh btw, some people might not be aware, but cancer is common in Ireland. I know a lot of people back home who've been checked for cancer, especially skin cancer, so cancer treatments would be widely available.

Thanks for the clarification kitty you've cleared that up don't understand why it's still even an issue. It's the word of a man of great integrity vs 2 convicted murderers. I know who I'm going to believe every time
Personally I'm pedantic by nature. Can't help it ☺. Me wanting to tease out minor details is not a slight on anyone involved.

I'm puzzled why he would have travelled to Dublin to make his affidavit especially when he was terminally ill. Any solicitor in limerick would have drafted and swore it for him or indeed a notary public would have signed and sealed it if it was required for US legal purposes. There are notary publics in limerick and in neighbouring Co Clare if he didn't want to go local but all the way to Dublin is rather odd.

Perhaps it was a matter of integrity for sworn testimony acceptable for use in American courts? Would he have had to have someone at the Embassy witness the statement?

It's just unfathomable the hurt this Martens family is willing to do...to other families...to preserve the notion that their daughter is sane.
Especially when they in all liklihood had his statement and the autopsy for at least a full year, at the time.
They knew the truth, they did it as an act of malice/bigotry.. in true sadistic fashion.. as is their way.
As far as I recall his statements were sent to the prosecution, not the defence and the defence would have received them in discovery.

Perhaps it was a matter of integrity for sworn testimony acceptable for use in American courts? Would he have had to have someone at the Embassy witness the statement?

No, read Kittythehare's post - he swore the affidavit with his own solicitor in Limerick.

otto good to see you here... :seeya: I always enjoy reading your analysis of evidence.

This is off the topic being discussed now but I have been mulling over the evidence in my mind...

Many of us believe JC was hit and attacked while he was asleep. We know it was 3:00am. MM claims SC came to the door due to a nightmare and JC was furious about it. She claims he then started to choke her and a fight ensued with TM intervening.

I have a question about the lit overturned lamp on the floor. How do we reconcile the fact the light was on with our theories about what happened that night? Surely turning on a light would awaken someone who was asleep. Did TM turn it on when he entered the room?

http://www.journalnow.com/news/crim...cle_1b00cce3-cfec-5822-a55c-2a5932d5eec1.html

http://cdn.extra.ie/wp-content/uplo...-Jason-Corbett-Murder-Crime-Scene-House-3.jpg
http://extra.ie/news/irish-news/pictured-inside-jason-corbett-murder-house

What is the item under the lamp? Is that another paving brick?

Hi! It looks to me like the item under the lamp is a framed wedding photo of JC & MM? There's something else behind that, possibly the base of the overturned lamp - but it wouldn't be tall enough for a floor lamp and the base of the lamp looks intact, so I don't know.

Something else in these photos just clicked with me. You've probably debated this to bits previously, but I only just realised - and my stomach is churning since...
The 7th photo in this http://extra.ie/news/irish-news/pictured-inside-jason-corbett-murder-house
it's the one with the vacuum behind the door. My eyes kind of slid off of this before, it's so gruesome. From what I remember, a big deal was made of the vacuum being moved, but I thought that it was because it had been horizontal and was moved to vertical or some such. It always struck me also that it was strange to have that there, with the lead across the door, in an otherwise beautifully appointed bedroom. The only other thing that's out of place is what looks like a courier or express post bag with the closing tab ripped off. No way it originally held the passports I suppose?

Anyhow, I'd assumed that the blood streaks on the floor under the door had been caused by the door opening/closing, but the direction of the streaks is all wrong. IMO it looks very much like the vacuum was used, to try to clean up! Was there any mention of the bristles being forensically examined?

So nothing new. But if that is the case, it is sick-sick-sick IMO. My stomach's still churning - ugh.

Personally I'm pedantic by nature. Can't help it ☺. Me wanting to tease out minor details is not a slight on anyone involved.

Its ok, it was the original poster that was questioning yet again the so called statement made by Mr F to Tom that was annoying me They already said in the last thread that the Corbetts may have forced Mr F to do it and is now eluding to that as well without saying it in those words . That was my mistake I actually don't know why that was in my head and as you said makes a lot more sense so was right to be questioned

Some families endure too much heartache and pain. You should never speak ill of the dead, I wish the Martens and many others could respect that.

No, read Kittythehare's post - he swore the affidavit with his own solicitor in Limerick.

Thanks Cappucino...I need to read to the end of the thread before I reply to posts!! Kitty normally has it sorted, I should have known!

No embassy docs no use for US legal issues. It would have been signed and sealed by a notary public who would also be a solicitor if it was to be introduced as evidence so that's why it makes more sense as kitty clarified that it was done in limerick with a solicitor who knew him and his family.

I'm puzzled why he would have travelled to Dublin to make his affidavit especially when he was terminally ill. Any solicitor in limerick would have drafted and swore it for him or indeed a notary public would have signed and sealed it if it was required for US legal purposes. There are notary publics in limerick and in neighbouring Co Clare if he didn't want to go local but all the way to Dublin is rather odd.

I haven't seen any link to say he did this in Dublin & I presume he did it in Limerick. Either way he signed it. It's such an insult to the Mr Fitzpatrick rip & his family. Jason was buried with Mags no family would allow that if they thought he had any part of his death. Being honest this topic is debunk & don't understand why it's being rehashed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi! It looks to me like the item under the lamp is a framed wedding photo of JC & MM? There's something else behind that, possibly the base of the overturned lamp - but it wouldn't be tall enough for a floor lamp and the base of the lamp looks intact, so I don't know.

Something else in these photos just clicked with me. You've probably debated this to bits previously, but I only just realised - and my stomach is churning since...
The 7th photo in this http://extra.ie/news/irish-news/pictured-inside-jason-corbett-murder-house
it's the one with the vacuum behind the door. My eyes kind of slid off of this before, it's so gruesome. From what I remember, a big deal was made of the vacuum being moved, but I thought that it was because it had been horizontal and was moved to vertical or some such. It always struck me also that it was strange to have that there, with the lead across the door, in an otherwise beautifully appointed bedroom. The only other thing that's out of place is what looks like a courier or express post bag with the closing tab ripped off. No way it originally held the passports I suppose?

Anyhow, I'd assumed that the blood streaks on the floor under the door had been caused by the door opening/closing, but the direction of the streaks is all wrong. IMO it looks very much like the vacuum was used, to try to clean up! Was there any mention of the bristles being forensically examined?

So nothing new. But if that is the case, it is sick-sick-sick IMO. My stomach's still churning - ugh.

Interesting theories! The kids passports were kept at JC's office and his was lying on the bedside locker. I think someone had attributed the bag to EMS providing first aid as it looks like the bags they use.

As for the vacuum cleaner...I see what you mean about the streaks but I doubt they would have been naive enough to try to hoover up some of the crime scene, they seem too calculating. I did however wonder if its unusual placement was used as a tool to down Jason and prevent him from escaping. It is very unusual to have the cord strewn across the floor in front of the bedroom door like that IMO.

**EDIT to add...especially if MM had just been tiptoeing through the darkness to tend to SC, she would have tripped herself right up poor lamb ***

I haven't seen any link to say he did this in Dublin & I presume he did it in Limerick. Either way he signed it. It's such an insult to the Mr Fitzpatrick rip & his family. Jason was buried with Mags no family would allow that if they thought he had any part of his death. Being honest this topic is debunk & don't understand why it's being rehashed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its being rehashed because it fits the fantasy version of this murder that the Martens want people to believe. In this fantasy, JC is not only a domestic abuser but a wife killer and MM is the plucky heroine who fought back while TM is the alpha male who would brave anything to protect his daughter. The grubby reality is of a woman who took a baseball bat to her husband's head while he lay sleeping and a father who had neither the moral courage nor the basic human decency to see that this was wrong.

It is all interpretation i guess but i hear nothing in the interview which "debunks" TMs claim that Mr Fitzpatrick told him that he felt Jason was to blame for the death of his daughter.

Mrs Fitzpatrick comes across as a decent woman but no wife can state with certainty that her husband never said something.

Something bother me about the alleged comments of Mr. Fitzpatrick. I cant get my head around the "denial" that he wrote.

Why did he file a denial with his solicitor? Who advised him to do so? When did they advise him to do so?

I can ask my solicitor to record any statement I wish to make. It does not mean that the statement is in anyway correct.

Why would he choose to record an inaccurate statement? He would have had to pay a solicitor for their time, so you think he decided to put himself out of pocket just for the fun of it? I don't understand your logic here I'm afraid.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drella444
Back