GUILTY NC - Jason Corbett, 39, murdered in his Wallburg home, 2 Aug 2015 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
[video=twitter;897946135519674368]https://twitter.com/mhewlettwsj/status/897946135519674368[/video]

Its being rehashed because it fits the fantasy version of this murder that the Martens want people to believe. In this fantasy, JC is not only a domestic abuser but a wife killer and MM is the plucky heroine who fought back while TM is the alpha male who would brave anything to protect his daughter. The grubby reality is of a woman who took a baseball bat to her husband's head while he lay sleeping and a father who had neither the moral courage nor the basic human decency to see that this was wrong.

I agree with everything you said, I was referring to a previous poster who is still trying to allude that Mr. Fitzpatrick said those lies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr F did that because the C/L family got wind that TM was saying these things. Mr F went and made his statement quietly. TM quietly was allowed to hang him self with the lies. Sometimes there's no need to scream and shout. Just quietly do what's right and if need be pull it out. Which is how it played out!!!!
Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Put this in the media thread but never shared here . A Knoxville paper reported on the conviction of the Martens nearly a week after but at least it was reported
http://www.oakridger.com/news/201708...eath-sentenced

Ex-ORNL’er guilty of beating son-in-law to death; sentenced

A former Oak Ridge National Laboratory employee, who worked in counter intelligence department, has been found guilty — along with his daughter — of the beating death of his son-in-law.In a search warrant application, Sheriff’s Office Detective B.M. Smith wrote that neither Molly Corbett nor Martens was injured and that evidence at the scene did not support the struggle they described. During the trial, a paramedic testified that he saw no injuries on Molly Corbett, but he did see a light redness on her neck and she told him she’d been choked.Davidson County Sheriff’s Cpl. C.S. Dagenhardt, the officer who responded to the murder scene, testified that he saw Jason Corbett’s naked body in the master bedroom. He noticed puddles of blood and blood on the walls.The medical examiner who performed the autopsy on Jason Corbett testified that Corbett’s skull fractures were similar to those suffered in a car crash or fall from a great height.Joann Lowry, a colleague of Martens, testified that she worked with Martens in the counter-intelligence department. Two months before the incident, Lowry said she asked about Martens’ weekend, and he indicated that Molly Corbett, Jason Corbett and his grandchildren came to visit.
″(Martens) said, ‘We’re always glad to see them come home, but we’re always glad to see them leave. That son-in-law, I hate him,’” Lowry testified

Craig Nelson, a licensed pathologist, said Jason Corbett was struck at least 10 times.

[video=twitter;897946135519674368]https://twitter.com/mhewlettwsj/status/897946135519674368[/video]
I'm taking a wild stab in the dark here . Seeing how the WS journal is closely affiliated with the defence that this has come straight from them .

I'm taking a wild stab in the dark here . Seeing how the WS journal is closely affiliated with the defence that this has come straight from them .

So more than likely both untrue and inaccurate. Ref strand=a single hair
[FONT=&quot]1.1[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]A single hair or thin lock of hair.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]‘strands of dark hair had fallen over his brows’
https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/strand
[/FONT]

[/FONT]

This is the reporter that ran the MFitz "warning" story right before jury selection...refused to add that the family roundly disputed it.

Maybe he's completely behind the times and is going writing about the abc show and/or the fundraiser. Wouldn't be surprised! Don't recall seeing these coved by the dispatch. Could be very wrong though.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

So more than likely both untrue and inaccurate. Ref strand=a single hair
[FONT=&amp]1.1[/FONT][FONT=&amp]A single hair or thin lock of hair.[/FONT][FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp]‘strands of dark hair had fallen over his brows’
https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/strand
[/FONT]

[/FONT]
Probably a twist of the truth in some sort of way no doubt. Someone else/ something else to blame for their actions .

Seriously !?! I was hoping to have an early night. What the heck could this be. Two years of twists and it continues.

Maybe he's completely behind the times and is going writing about the abc show and/or the fundraiser. Wouldn't be surprised! Don't recall seeing these coved by the dispatch. Could be very wrong though.

Could be but I highly doubt it we will see . He already reported on the ABC programme. This came straight from the defence IMO

According to court papers, Molly Corbett has been diagnosed with bipolar disorder. But that was never presented to the jury, the motion says. "No evidence from the witness stand supported any conclusions that she suffered from bipolar disorder, was manipulative or could control her 'personalities,' or from which the jury could reasonably infer those conclusions," the motion says. Molly Corbett did not testify, and the jurors' "speculation about Molly Corbett's mental status or manipulative personality also violated the defendant's Fifth Amendment right not to testify, as well as the defendant's Due Process and Equal Protection clause protections," the motion says.

[h=2]Improper theories[/h]
The motion also said that the three jurors talked about their theory that Molly was the aggressor and struck her husband first with the paving brick while he was asleep. That contradicts the court's finding that Molly Corbett was not the aggressor and the evidence doesn't support the theory, the motion says.

Holton and Freedman also allege that the jurors were biased and less than candid. Perez vomited when looking at an autopsy photo and told Lee outside the presence of other jurors that it was because she had skipped breakfast, the motion says. But in the 20/20 interview, Perez said, "I don't think there's anything or any experience in life that can prepare you to look at those pictures."

Perez also talked post-trial about the case on social media, mentioning that Molly Corbett was "delusional" and "how daddy and Sharon (Molly's mother) enabled this non-human person." She said Molly's parents and Molly Corbett lied and that Sharon Martens did crossword puzzles for the last three weeks of the trial, according to the motion.

Jury handed down verdict on Wednesday 9th August and 20/20 interview was Friday 11th. When were the jurors interviewed. Long enough after the verdict to have read all the media reports? Probably. And natural curiosity would send most people Googling I assume never mind the people who sat on that jury. Nevertheless this would not happen in Ireland as jurors are not allowed to talk to the media AFAIK. Never seen them be identified either.

Sent from my Hol-U19 using Tapatalk

I think this is a bit rich coming from a defence and defendants that gave interviews to ABC in may including a child's recorded private interview. They also fed this to a newspaper. Where else dod they get the information you don't need to be a genius to work that out

According to court papers, Molly Corbett has been diagnosed with bipolar disorder. But that was never presented to the jury, the motion says. "No evidence from the witness stand supported any conclusions that she suffered from bipolar disorder, was manipulative or could control her 'personalities,' or from which the jury could reasonably infer those conclusions," the motion says. Molly Corbett did not testify, and the jurors' "speculation about Molly Corbett's mental status or manipulative personality also violated the defendant's Fifth Amendment right not to testify, as well as the defendant's Due Process and Equal Protection clause protections," the motion says.

[h=2]Improper theories[/h]
The motion also said that the three jurors talked about their theory that Molly was the aggressor and struck her husband first with the paving brick while he was asleep. That contradicts the court's finding that Molly Corbett was not the aggressor and the evidence doesn't support the theory, the motion says.

Holton and Freedman also allege that the jurors were biased and less than candid. Perez vomited when looking at an autopsy photo and told Lee outside the presence of other jurors that it was because she had skipped breakfast, the motion says. But in the 20/20 interview, Perez said, "I don't think there's anything or any experience in life that can prepare you to look at those pictures."

Perez also talked post-trial about the case on social media, mentioning that Molly Corbett was "delusional" and "how daddy and Sharon (Molly's mother) enabled this non-human person." She said Molly's parents and Molly Corbett lied and that Sharon Martens did crossword puzzles for the last three weeks of the trial, according to the motion.
Oh dear.... Not surprised tbh, the defence will look for anything, any tiny indiscretion to try redeem themselves, the lawyers I mean , personally I thought jury members giving interviews straight after the verdict was not a good idea especially offering their personal views. But that seems to be the usual in the US. Is this a serious issue I wonder?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bhiser79
Back