GUILTY NC - Jason Corbett, 39, murdered in his Wallburg home, 2 Aug 2015 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I thought TM could keep his government pension but someone found a link several days ago that I believe proved me wrong.

But I don't think a murderer can inherit the "homestead" unless the house was in her name only. I think that is already on the C. Side of the ledger.

It is not JC's homestead my question relates to, it is the homestead belonging to TM & SM for the purpose of the civil action.

I thought TM could keep his government pension but someone found a link several days ago that I believe proved me wrong.

The link a few days ago was regarding being charged with murder, I believe it said that he would lose his Social Welfare pension but not his FBI one. The pension one I am trying to get my head around is for the purpose of the Civil action.

So the affidavit is in from the witness, she has now been named. I'd be concerned about what the alternative juror is saying though.

The judge may call in the Foreman Aamland and few jurors in for questioning, for clarification. The Alternate juror doesn't refer to notion that there were non-jury members present during what might be inappropriate discussions in break-room, so not sure if it's truly Jury Misconduct, given that the jurors ceased their discussions once reminded of rules. Additionally, Alternate Juror says Foreman Aamland expressed his opinion on Prosecution argument after the Prosecution close - is that fine line for Jury Misconduct?

http://benchbook.sog.unc.edu/sites/benchbook.sog.unc.edu/files/pdf/Jury Misconduct - April 2017.pdf

The judge may call in the Foreman Aamland and few jurors in for questioning, for clarification. The Alternate juror doesn't refer to notion that there were non-jury members present during what might be inappropriate discussions in break-room, so not sure if it's truly Jury Misconduct, given that the jurors ceased their discussions once reminded of rules. Additionally, Alternate Juror says Foreman Aamland expressed his opinion on Prosecution argument after the Prosecution close - is that fine line for Jury Misconduct?

http://benchbook.sog.unc.edu/sites/benchbook.sog.unc.edu/files/pdf/Jury Misconduct - April 2017.pdf
i'm not worried about it but the extent of the scam they're attempting is off the Richter scale..
That defence team must have broken every rule in the entire book, and then some, by now.
Scandalous behaviour.
Disgraceful and an affront to the law itself and the entire justice system.

It would be interesting to know whether any of Tom's old colleagues from the FBI are shocked and appalled at this "miscarriage of justice." It would be a lot more difficult for him to bluff his way through his explanation when talking to seasoned investigators than for Molly to convince her friends that she's a sweet innocent victim.
Tom's friends would also know that the way to challenge a court case where "the jury got it wrong" would be to work at countering the forensic evidence. There's always another expert who could come up with an alternate conclusion - but you don't hear much about that strategy.
I think the Martens' strategy now is to just maintain the myth of innocence and hopefully make some money out of it. But the civil case should expose even more secrets and omissions.

But how did the defence team have access to the alternate juror? Have they interviewed the whole jury panel I wonder or did he go to them???

There was a phrase used a lot in the Duke Lacrosse Hoax..."we know you know."

Does anyone here think MM's attorneys believe her story? Do you think these highly educated, experienced professionals look at that blood spatter evidence and believe MM's assertion that JC was standing until the last blow? Do you think they look at photographs of MM and TM right after the murder and believe that JC was fully engaged in a battle to kill them? Do any of you think they can have read her complete medical history and believe that her mental,problems did not factor into this brutality? Do any of you think they can see those autopsy photos,all of them, up close for days, and not believe this was a rage killing?

This is what is so depressing to me about our justice system. We know they know. But they are relentless to win the game. To what good end? Justice is supposed to be blind but not dumb. Justice is supposed to be about the truth.
Not about games, or political metanarratives.

This trial is about what happened between three specific people that night in that bedroom. It's about what the undeniable evidence proves.

We know you know. And this charade is appalling to watch.

https://amp.independent.ie/irish-ne...rom-a-tightknit-limerick-family-36015602.html

Just regarding how MM entered into employment of JC...I'm only speculating that, given his first wife ran a creche with her best friend, who remained close to JC, I imagine he received sensible guidance on avoiding the obvious pitfalls in hiring an au pair. Just my opinion.
You think that despite having good knowledge of local child care professionals Jason's sister advised him to hire a woman he'd never met who was not even entitled to a visa to mind his kids?

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

You think that despite having good knowledge of local child care professionals Jason's sister advised him to hire a woman he'd never met who was not even entitled to a visa to mind his kids?

I dont think its important or relevant or anything at all to do with the trial. Do you know otherwise?

do you mind if i ask where does it state mm was not entitled to a visa ? how could she gain entry without a visa ?

For all we know, after going through all the potential au-pairs that had applied for the job, Jason selected Molly based on her name (Molly is a fairly popular name in Ireland, I've got several friends and relatives with that name) and well, some Americans do have an odd obsession for Ireland, so perhaps he thought that would be nice too, to give an American the opportunity to live and work in Ireland?

We will probably never know why he hired Molly.

For all we know, after going through all the potential au-pairs that had applied for the job, Jason selected Molly based on her name (Molly is a fairly popular name in Ireland, I've got several friends and relatives with that name) and well, some Americans do have an odd obsession for Ireland, so perhaps he thought that would be nice too, to give an American the opportunity to live and work in Ireland?

Didn't she lie in her resume?

My husband once hired a driver to transport an expensive car of his across country. Now he is of German descent....but I can't imagine him choosing a driver in which to entrust that car... just because his name was Wolfgang.

He was very protective of that car. But it was just a car. Not one or two of our children.

I would expect no less diligence from a widowed father with a large loving family to guide him.
I'm sure TM and SM made sure that MM had impeccable references when she exited the mental hospital. Her medical records would have been confidential.

A pathological liar with a mental illness and an obsession with having her own children a false history and family and friends to support the falsities if required,

What's not to understand. JC was human not telepathic. He took her at her word, trusted her story, he is dead,

That's her fault not his and certainly not his lovely sisters or his family.

Imo.

Sent from my SM-T561 using Tapatalk

I presume Okapi was referring to LS rather than JC's sister here. It is not unusual not to meet an au pair prior to them moving to the country to take up their post. Most people would be in contact with the prospective au pair via emails and telephone calls to assess if they feel as though that person may be a good 'match' for the family. While we don't have any conclusive information on how MM came to be employed by JC, we can maybe assume that since she was the fourth au pair he employed that it is likely contact was made through an agency, which he would have assumed would have carried out the basic checks before recommending her as a 'match'. We can also take from the inferences which have appeared since the verdict that JC's emails to a young, single, woman encouraging her to cross the ocean to care for his children, were in fact the standard emails and telephone calls that would normally happen in this situation, and therefore a sign that JC was being diligent in trying to find someone who would pair well with the family dynamic. I also believe that MM had some prior nannying experience in NC from when she lived with KM, so she would have had that, plus child swim coach already on her resume. Add to that a Dad in the FBI, I imagine JC thought she was a pretty good candidate for the job.

As for the visa, she must have been able to acquire one, at least initially, as didn't TL testify in the custody hearings that one of the reasons the family moved to NC was because MM was having problems with her visa. This could simply be down to the fact that as her role within the family changed, she would no longer have been 'employed' by JC, that in itself could have affected her eligibility to remain in the country.

HAving been through the au pair experience myself, I believe the fact that she spoke English (unusual as most are foreign students trying to improve their English) was also a distinct advantage..

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GibsonGirl
Back