GUILTY NC - Jason Corbett, 39, murdered in his Wallburg home, 2 Aug 2015 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I just checked the court of appeals and on Oct 8, the state filed an extension to file their briefs, so no state response at this time.

I see there has been a FB support page set up for TM and MM....

Ridiculous.

All IMO
There is an video of the appeal hearing, interesting that both Martens clinging to the statements of the children made while they were under the sole care of the Martens family, and later recanted. Also, some posters making interesting disclosures on the FB Free Tom and Molly page. IMO Martens offered nothing new during appeal.

Appeals court reviews Molly Corbett and Thomas Martens' murder convictions in man's beating

Can't watch video as in EU, wondering what are yer thoughts on this
I thought the lawyers for both Martens had same weak arguments they'd tried before, seem pretty reliant still on the statement of the two children which were made while both were still under control of Martens family to social services and then retracted - to back up claims of domestic abuse. The State's Prosecutors ably answered them, one of the Prosecutors even said didn't understand why both Martens weren't charged with First Degree given the evidence of the case. Tom Martens lawyer found that statement very upsetting! I'd be totally shocked if the Martens won a retrial based on this appeal.

I thought the lawyers for both Martens had same weak arguments they'd tried before, seem pretty reliant still on the statement of the two children which were made while both were still under control of Martens family to social services and then retracted - to back up claims of domestic abuse. The State's Prosecutors ably answered them, one of the Prosecutors even said didn't understand why both Martens weren't charged with First Degree given the evidence of the case. Tom Martens lawyer found that statement very upsetting! I'd be totally shocked if the Martens won a retrial based on this appeal.

Thanks Courtney2662 so much as expected. I am still struggling with what help they think the statements would be. SC stated she didn't wake that night, JC stated the bat used was his and he had used it previously. JC also stated MM had hit JC with the brick (as she had told him this). The fact that at some points they talk about abuse (and even then the majority of their statements seems to be MM told them of abuse) doesn't take away from the glaringly obvious contradictions to their defence contained in the statements.

All IMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clementine123?
Back