GUILTY NC - Jason Corbett, 39, murdered in his Wallburg home, 2 Aug 2015 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry! Forgot to hit reply with quote :D See below!!

Interesting point, do we have anything to confirm that politicians got involved in the case? I was under the impression that after the Lynches arrived and were unable to make contact with the children for a number of days, they enlisted the help of the Irish consulate but would be interested to hear if this also spilled over into the criminal charges?

Also, I wonder what impact (if any) the Molly camp putting pressure on an elected official to rule in their favour (I also read lots of derrogatory commentary regarding the Clerk who presided over the custody ruling and also saw GOP candidates being lobbied by relatives of the Martens) would have? Do we think 'bombardment' VS lobbying will have any impact on the jury? Perhaps (cynically?!) someone who relys on votes to retain their position in an area would be more unduly influenced by locals making an issue of something, given that they rely on those locals to vote them back in at a future date?

that the DA was under public and political pressure from Ireland to bring murder charges, that they did not investigate self defence claims impartially....all the search warrants issued were based on information provided by Irish family and work colleagues, the Martens were only interviewed once. I am not saying they were unduly influenced, I'm saying this is what a defence will try to claim

Interesting point, do we have anything to confirm that politicians got involved in the case? I was under the impression that after the Lynches arrived and were unable to make contact with the children for a number of days, they enlisted the help of the Irish consulate but would be interested to hear if this also spilled over into the criminal charges?

Also, I wonder what impact (if any) the Molly camp putting pressure on an elected official to rule in their favour (I also read lots of derrogatory commentary regarding the Clerk who presided over the custody ruling and also saw GOP candidates being lobbied by relatives of the Martens) would have? Do we think 'bombardment' VS lobbying will have any impact on the jury? Perhaps (cynically?!) someone who relys on votes to retain their position in an area would be more unduly influenced by locals making an issue of something, given that they rely on those locals to vote them back in at a future date?

wa curious about this too but cannot find any dates for hearing.

one thing that I did wonder about regarding the hearing about the items removed from the house was the statement mm made when asked about income

http://evoke.ie/news/irish-news/jason-corbett-gave-martens-family-80k‘He worked and he was my husband,’ she said of Jason Corbett. ‘I stayed home and was his wife.’mm.

what I would have expected in this reply and what would be commonly heard from genuine DV victims would perhaps be
"my husband controlled the finances"
"my husband gave me an allowance"
"my husband checked my receipts"
"I wasn't allowed to have a job"
" I had no access to accounts"
"I needed permission from my husband to spend money"

Financial control of a partner is a massive red flag when determine emotional abuse. IMO between the hundreds of fb posts about holidays, days out , shopping trips, matching outfits and lobster dinners I'm perplexed. Those Facebook posts might come back to haunt this defense I think! ....All just my thoughts

Interesting inconsistency here... I'm sorry I can't reference, but I know I read it first here. When Molly started her pretty picture FB campaign, I believe people questioned whether Jason was the one taking the photos of those happy moments and she said no, that none of the photos she's used were taken by Jason. Put this in the context of the typical DV victim as described above, and Molly had an incredible level of financial and social freedom.
It looks like her lies might be chasing each other in circles. DV victim with limited resources or loving solo mother with a glamorous lifestyle?

I got the feeling that she was being asked about her contribution was relating to her defence of taking items that were purchased on a Credit Card in her sole name.
Yeah.. its unlikely they were purchased following his murder! But, they are a strange family!
I also think Slayer Statute might come into the taking of the things - what happens to the washing machine if they were co-tenants(joint owners)? Jason's heirs would by law own one half of that. Then it gets into whether Slayer is applicable to items co-owned prior to the slaying..
And then there were the bail conditions. Seemingly broken and cast aside.
She is either driven by utter stupidity and greed or she is being extremely vexatious, knowing the Lynch family would be forced to hire a lawyer and attest this action in court. If she is getting legal advice to this effect, it looks as though they are going for pure Hollywood here, with questionable ethics and compounding their stellar, model 'no remorse' theme. A man died.

Interesting inconsistency here... I'm sorry I can't reference, but I know I read it first here. When Molly started her pretty picture FB campaign, I believe people questioned whether Jason was the one taking the photos of those happy moments and she said no, that none of the photos she's used were taken by Jason. Put this in the context of the typical DV victim as described above, and Molly had an incredible level of financial and social freedom.
It looks like her lies might be chasing each other in circles. DV victim with limited resources or loving solo mother with a glamorous lifestyle?

That comment from MM about "her husband" not having taken the photos was made on Instagram, she deleted what it was in reply to but it was added as an afterthought, she was making a point, for what purpose is anybodys guess.

I grew up outside if NYC and now live in the South, so here's my dual perspective on the "defiance."

If I were the prosecutor in this case, I would emphasize that defiance...because it shows several things...Marten "family solidarity", "Marten family legal assertiveness" and Marten "family problem-solving." R

So we are to believe that in regard to furniture, the entire family could mobilize, but not in regard to their daughter being beaten by a brute?

That in regard to furniture, the Marten family moves quickly to assert their legal "rights", but does nothing at all legally for years in regard to their daughter being beaten?

And finally, when it comes to saving a few pieces of furniture, they assert themselves defuantly and readily and engage as a unit...but they are passive and submissive to Jason as their daughter endures years of DV?

Nonsense. These are defiant, aggressive, take charge group of individuals.

Perhaps we see a pattern...When they felt it was their "right" to have the furniture, they took the law into their own hands. When, they decided that they wanted both the kids and money, they did the same and acted as executioners.

That comment from MM about "her husband" not having taken the photos was made on Instagram, she deleted what it was in reply to but it was added as an afterthought, she was making a point, for what purpose is anybodys guess.

It seemed to me that she was implying that all the happy times the children had...we're just with her. Or her and her extended family.

Well, she could have used any one of those occasions to escape with the children from the "situation in which we found ourselves."

It seemed to me that she was implying that all the happy times the children had...we're just with her. Or her and her extended family.

Well, she could have used any one of those occasions to escape with the children from the "situation in which we found ourselves."

I think it was a carefully selected link this time that was aimed at the children. I know this isn't relevant to sleuthing but I have to say I was taken aback the other day as I watched Cinderella with my kids. In the open to the film a young girl looses her mother she dies but the last thing she says is to "have courage and be kind" A quote which mm has used as her own repeatedly in her posts aimed at the children. I think these quotes she uses are loaded and would have meaning to the children.

also a photo of her and jack in the dining room was posted right of photo in the background was Jason. She posted it and then later reposted it Jason had been edited out. I can't find it now perhaps deleted but it was chilling.imo it seems she also was trying to edit him out of the children's life. All my IMO

I am just thinking back to Jason's autopsy .The hinge fracture is really bothering me if it was the first blow he would almost certainly have been killed from it . I don't understand how much force was needed to cause it but from everyone's comments it would certainly would need an awful lot of force. I have found this link it goes into detail about velocity and the damage caused by blows to different areas of the skull . There are very interesting findings . Here is the link http://www.mjpath.org.my/2014/v36n1/blunt-force-trauma-to-skull.pdf It states. We found that utilization of either a Warrington hammer or open face helmet as a blunt weapon to cause injury to the skull produce similar characteristics. These include the presence of fractures along suture lines and fractures at frontal, parietal and temporal areas. However, these were minor fractures. A previous study had reported that the thickness of the occipital bone was greater compared to other skull bones. Therefore, larger forces are needed to cause a fracture at this region. Thus,when trauma involving the occipital site of the skull is noted in any forensic cases, it would likely indicate that the magnitude of the force applied during a blow were quite considerable and intentional.11

I am just thinking back to Jason's autopsy .The hinge fracture is really bothering me if it was the first blow he would almost certainly have been killed from it . I don't understand how much force was needed to cause it but from everyone's comments it would certainly would need an awful lot of force. I have found this link it goes into detail about velocity and the damage cause by blows to different areas of the skull . There are very interesting findings . Here is the link http://www.mjpath.org.my/2014/v36n1/blunt-force-trauma-to-skull.pdf It states. We found that utilization of either aWarrington hammer or open face helmet asa blunt weapon to cause injury to the skullproduce similar characteristics. These includethe presence of fractures along suture linesand fractures at frontal, parietal and temporalareas. However, these were minor fractures. Aprevious study had reported that the thicknessof the occipital bone was greater compared toother skull bones. Therefore, larger forces areneeded to cause a fracture at this region. Thus,when trauma involving the occipital site of theskull is noted in any forensic cases, it wouldlikely indicate that the magnitude of the forceapplied during a blow were quite considerableand intentional.11

Great information regarding injury thanks. Makes me question even more how calm tm sounded on 911 call after apparently causing all these injuries with tremendous for e. Not breathless, not anxious, not upset just worried about the mess, the blood everywhere strange since if he had caused all the skull fractures you would presume he would be covered In Jason's blood and not worried about getting anymore on him. Just my thoughts.

Great information regarding injury thanks. Makes me question even more how calm tm sounded on 911 call after apparently causing all these injuries with tremendous for e. Not breathless, not anxious, not upset just worried about the mess, the blood everywhere strange since if he had caused all the skull fractures you would presume he would be covered In Jason's blood and not worried about getting anymore on him. Just my thoughts.

I agree with you . Also just listened again to 911 call he isn't out of breath as he's speaking I find that odd especially considering the force needed after all he is a "frail 60 year old man" and it took a lot of blows . http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/hear-chilling-911-call-ex-7138554 .

I grew up outside if NYC and now live in the South, so here's my dual perspective on the "defiance."

If I were the prosecutor in this case, I would emphasize that defiance...because it shows several things...Marten "family solidarity", "Marten family legal assertiveness" and Marten "family problem-solving." R

So we are to believe that in regard to furniture, the entire family could mobilize, but not in regard to their daughter being beaten by a brute?

That in regard to furniture, the Marten family moves quickly to assert their legal "rights", but does nothing at all legally for years in regard to their daughter being beaten?

And finally, when it comes to saving a few pieces of furniture, they assert themselves defuantly and readily and engage as a unit...but they are passive and submissive to Jason as their daughter endures years of DV?

Nonsense. These are defiant, aggressive, take charge group of individuals.

Perhaps we see a pattern...When they felt it was their "right" to have the furniture, they took the law into their own hands. When, they decided that they wanted both the kids and money, they did the same and acted as executioners.

I think you are probably right stmarysmead in that when the family think they have a right to something they believe they can just go ahead and take it. But surely that must make their lawyers job a lot more difficult. We haven't heard anything from Uncle Mike for a while and he was the spokesman (either officially or unofficially) for some time - have the lawyers removed him from that role in an attempt to 'keep discipline'? I do think it will be difficult for the Martens and extended family to keep discipline as the pressure mounts as we get closer to a trial date. But I still dont know if their defiance is helping their case or not.

I think you are probably right stmarysmead in that when the family think they have a right to something they believe they can just go ahead and take it. But surely that must make their lawyers job a lot more difficult. We haven't heard anything from Uncle Mike for a while and he was the spokesman (either officially or unofficially) for some time - have the lawyers removed him from that role in an attempt to 'keep discipline'? I do think it will be difficult for the Martens and extended family to keep discipline as the pressure mounts as we get closer to a trial date. But I still dont know if their defiance is helping their case or not.

On Facebook Molly posted pictures of clothes and such. She claims her house was broken into, her pictures were not taken though. Why would her pictures be needed in Ireland? The house was owned by Jason too. His family has rights to his belongings. Or has she forgotten he paid for the home and lived there too. She claims she is a victim. There are people who support her. How? She and her father killed a man! How can they forget or play the victim. They killed a man.

Jason IMO was the first person to ever tell Molly no. She didn't get her way. So she killed him.

I am noticing that as time moves on I am forgetting aspects of this case that I thought I knew.. I am finding it difficult to condense aspects in one place..
Just now I had been reading old posts by Molly in the 'adoration of the Children' saga, she made some strange inferences and heavily implied the Guardians are disreputable. See her post Dec 23, in which she makes an allegation about the bailiff... as well as being utterly outrageous, it must have been so hurtful for Jason's family to receive these daily stabbings, just 4 months after their brother was murdered. The energetic code of these messages is indeed very low key violence as Truthalways or Mom2cate said already..
I am also experiencing ripples of shock while reading them.
There are parallel universes going on here Mollly's is that 'nothing happened'
And its about nothing else.
But, we know something happened..
The distance between these parallel universes is vast indeed. I am reminded of people who are members of a brain washed cult, there is only one reality and its theirs and only theirs.

Likewise the Disney references I believe contain a key to her psyche.. or a key to the stairwell to her real mental/emotional/psychic state..

I am wondering whether my scatty thinking and difficulty focusing on aspects of this case are due to my own mouse chase between the two realities:gaah:

I am noticing that as time moves on I am forgetting aspects of this case that I thought I knew.. I am finding it difficult to condense aspects in one place..
Just now I had been reading old posts by Molly in the 'adoration of the Children' saga, she made some strange inferences and heavily implied the Guardians are disreputable. See her post Dec 23, in which she makes an allegation about the bailiff... as well as being utterly outrageous, it must have been so hurtful for Jason's family to receive these daily stabbings, just 4 months after their brother was murdered. The energetic code of these messages is indeed very low key violence as Truthalways or Mom2cate said already..
I am also experiencing ripples of shock while reading them.
There are parallel universes going on here Mollly's is that 'nothing happened'
And its about nothing else.
But, we know something happened..
The distance between these parallel universes is vast indeed. I am reminded of people who are members of a brain washed cult, there is only one reality and its theirs and only theirs.

Likewise the Disney references I believe contain a key to her psyche.. or a key to the stairwell to her real mental/emotional/psychic state..

I am wondering whether my scatty thinking and difficulty focusing on aspects of this case are due to my own mouse chase between the two realities:gaah:

You make really good points Kittythehare and express your opinion brilliantly.
with regards to Molly's possible lack of grasp on reality I think you have a good point. It would explain why she seems so detached from her crime.

I will address first a probable fact that will be used by defense experts in court on their behalf regarding mm accusation of strangulation.

http://www.powerandcontrolfilm.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/blueprint-strangulation.pdfFifty percent of victims in one study, for example, showed no visible injuries.2 Strangulation may lead to death up to thirty hours after an incident.

Note in the above text because it's important ,that it uses the phrase "no visible injury" INJURY As I have found in the LE training memo it is only ONE possible symptom of strangulation. As it states here there are several SIGNS and SYMPTOMS. Due to the fact we were not physically present we didn't observe any injuries however LE have stated "neither tom martens it Molly martens had any injuries about their person"
Now putting that statement on top of these classic signs and symptoms and working on what we do hear which is Mm voice recording on the 911 call take a look at both the SIGNS and SYMPTOMS. Below and see does she present any of them either in the call or statements made by LE

Initial Symptoms of Strangulation
  • Raspy, hoarse voice; coughing; loss of voice,
    difficulty talking
  • Wheezing, short of breath, difficulty breathing,
    hyperventilating
  • Difficulty swallowing or pain in throat
  • Swelling of the tongue
  • Nausea or vomiting
  • Dizziness

Initial Signs of Strangulation
    Scratches, abrasions, marks to the neck or face Impressions of hand or fingers in the skin
    Impression in the skin which might indicate use
    of a cord or other ligature, jewelry, or other
    object
    Neck appears swollen
    Ruptured capillaries in the eyes, under the
    eyelids, on the face, or on the neck (petechiae) Fingernail marks on the victim’s own face, neck
    or chest as a result of trying to push the perpetrator away or resist the attack

• INITIAL SIGNS- As stated by LE-NONE
  • INITIAL SYMPTOMS- imo With only the 911 call NONE (spoke to 911 facilitator, loud cries, shouting 1,2,34 no rasping, no difficulty in talking etc)
  • It leaves me unable to associate any of these signs or symptoms with what we know so far.
  • All my own thoughts and opinion on the matter.

I will address first a probable fact that will be used by defense experts in court on their behalf regarding mm accusation of strangulation.

http://www.powerandcontrolfilm.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/blueprint-strangulation.pdfFifty percent of victims in one study, for example, showed no visible injuries.2 Strangulation may lead to death up to thirty hours after an incident.

Note in the above text because it's important ,that it uses the phrase "no visible injury" INJURY As I have found in the LE training memo it is only ONE possible symptom of strangulation. As it states here there are several SIGNS and SYMPTOMS. Due to the fact we were not physically present we didn't observe any injuries however LE have stated "neither tom martens it Molly martens had any injuries about their person"
Now putting that statement on top of these classic signs and symptoms and working on what we do hear which is Mm voice recording on the 911 call take a look at both the SIGNS and SYMPTOMS. Below and see does she present any of them either in the call or statements made by LE

difficulty talking
    hyperventilating
  • Swelling of the tongue
  • Nausea or vomiting
  • Dizziness

Scratches, abrasions, marks to the neck or face Impressions of hand or fingers in the skin
    object
    Neck appears swollen
    eyelids, on the face, or on the neck (petechiae) Fingernail marks on the victim’s own face, neck
    or chest as a result of trying to push the perpetrator away or resist the attack

• INITIAL SYMPTOMS- imo With only the 911 call NONE (spoke to 911 facilitator, loud cries, shouting 1,2,34 no rasping, no difficulty in talking etc)
  • It leaves me unable to associate any of these signs or symptoms with what we know so far.

Great find truth I agree with your observation fully

difficulty talking
    hyperventilating
  • Swelling of the tongue
  • Nausea or vomiting
  • Dizziness

object
    Neck appears swollen

Great research!
Lets look at probability here as opposed to possibility.

As far as we are aware, no medical attention was sought by or for TM and/or MM. Surely if they had requested medical attention, it would have been provided. We can assume therefore, in all probability no request for medical attention was made by them.

In an earlier post Truthseeker79 referenced a San Diego study and inferred that in 62% of cases victims had no physical signs of strangulation. However, closer reading showed Truthseeker79 to be mistaken, as it simply says LE failed to REPORT the physical signs, and the study was an attempt to improve LE procedures and skills in this area. This does suggest however, that some LE officers may miss the less obvious signs of strangulation.

As you say, none of us was present at the crime scene, so we can't be certain of the signs of strangulation in this case. But Davidson County LE were, and assuming they are even reasonably well trained, skilled and experienced, it is probable they would have called for medical attention for MM, had they seen any signs, and mentioned this in their reports - especially if the alleged victim had mentioned it.

It is true that TM said in the 911 call, "he was choking my daughter", but this would probably not have been relayed to responding officers since it was in the past (i.e. 'was choking' as opposed to 'is choking', and was not directly relevant to the emergency they were responding to. Besides which TM and MM had ample time to bring it to the attention of LE, if they considered it relevant - and it was not mentioned in the police reports as far as I am aware.

This brings us to the 'symptoms' of strangulation you refer to above. We just don't know if there was evidence of some of these in this case, such as difficulty swallowing, swelling of the tongue and dizziness, but the others such as raspy, hoarse voice, and nausea or vomiting would have been apparent from the 911 call and/or reported observations by LE.

Since the audible symptoms were not evident from the 911 call, and the others were apparently never reported by, or to LE; no physical signs were reported, and there has never been a claim thar a request for medical attention was made by MM at the scene, we can conclude that in all probability strangulation did not occur.

All the above is my opinion only.

difficulty talking
    hyperventilating
  • Swelling of the tongue
  • Nausea or vomiting
  • Dizziness

object
    Neck appears swollen

Excellent research. I listen to the 911 call again and agree with your findings. It is also interesting to note, MM did not receive medical attention that night. If she was being "choked", the "chocking" was so severe a man was beaten to death, why wouldn't she be checked out? A quick trip to the ER to make sure she was okay. That did not happen. That fact in the case has always been a red flag for me.

Excellent research. I listen to the 911 call again and agree with your findings. It is also interesting to note, MM did not receive medical attention that night. If she was being "choked", the "chocking" was so severe a man was beaten to death, why wouldn't she be checked out? A quick trip to the ER to make sure she was okay. That did not happen. That fact in the case has always been a red flag for me.

Yes, definitely a red flag for me, too. Why wouldn't she follow through with the choking accusation, and seek medical treatment? And why, with his LE background, wouldn't Tom encourage her to go to the hospital? This would have strengthened her case of DV, even though she probably would have checked out as normal. Given the time they had to come up with a cover story about why they brutally murdered a man, they didn't do a great job.

IMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member