GUILTY NC - Jason Corbett, 39, murdered in his Wallburg home, 2 Aug 2015 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, that thought had gone through my head also but it appears that the reference to Tenessee was direct from the statement that MM gave in the initial court case. I would suspect if there is a question over this, the question has to be raised to MM as to why she gave that evidence in the first place. Maybe that was where it was initially and then subsequently moved to NC, maybe even into a friends property. I cannot tbh seeing this really as a reason to vacate the entire judgement as the judgement was given on the basis of the action of removing the items. But nothing really would surprise me in this case, there seems to be a lot of game playing on the side of the Martens.

Doesn't make sense as to why a lawyer would hold their hands up to advising on a matter while in doing so they will also have to admit that they advise on breaking an existing court order. None of this was mentioned until the judgement this week was handed down, prior to this judgement the whole case was focused on the fact the MM claimed to own the property.

Thanks Frizby! I just read the judgement that Stephanddoody posted....interesting that Judge Shipwash has obviously lost all faith in her legal counsel also 'All assets previously ordered to be held by the Respondent's counsel in trust persuant to the terms of the Consent Order, including all insurance proceeds, shall be turned over immediately to the Court...' I guess judges must be used to seeing a certain calibre of lawyer using dirty tricks to get what they want!

I was initially surprised when I saw that Holton had taken up her case, as I believe he normally defends law enforcement and judges etc when it comes to trial and has a healthy record of winning. I wonder if it is significant that he is now defending Tom Martens in the criminal case? Perhaps he can also see the writing on the wall in terms of Molly and is just trying to keep her name viewed in some positive light until the trial?

But theft from the estate could really only be determined if she was not possibly entitled to any of it. This cannot really be definitive until after the trial. She clearly broke a court order though. The costs of the legal action and also the costs of any items missing would be at the very least, no idea if the original court order stated any stipulation on sanction on it being broken. Have not seen the original court order on this matter. Has anyone here ever seen it or have a link to it?
Yeah, but- even setting slayer statute to one side and even setting her role in the murder to one side.. a couple separate, due to death or divorce- its 50/50 It is done by using a valuation service.. not cleaning it out and holding items in a separate private place.. thats psychiatric!
What was her intention? Ransom demand? There is no way to divide a washing machine in two without smashing it.
She then lobs in a #protectionOfPropertyFromTheElements reason.
A phone call to the Lynch solicitors regarding an agreement to switch on air conditioning, heat for a few hours periodically would have sorted all that..
The flight outa Panther Creek with every stick of furniture is the act of a madwoman!
It does , however prove greed, yet again.
We can now understabd it to be a very fundamental aspect of her character. Molly is greedy.
She had a Chase card debt of $13K at the time of Jason's murder.
Thats pretty telling.
She made that, his bill.
Every bill was ultimately his bill.
Even though he never spent the money and quite possibly wasn't even aware of the extent of her flamboyant careless selfish narcissism..
it was all for her and her only.
She is the centre of her universe.

Thanks Frizby! I just read the judgement that Stephanddoody posted....interesting that Judge Shipwash has obviously lost all faith in her legal counsel also 'All assets previously ordered to be held by the Respondent's counsel in trust persuant to the terms of the Consent Order, including all insurance proceeds, shall be turned over immediately to the Court...' I guess judges must be used to seeing a certain calibre of lawyer using dirty tricks to get what they want!

I was initially surprised when I saw that Holton had taken up her case, as I believe he normally defends law enforcement and judges etc when it comes to trial and has a healthy record of winning. I wonder if it is significant that he is now defending Tom Martens in the criminal case? Perhaps he can also see the writing on the wall in terms of Molly and is just trying to keep her name viewed in some positive light until the trial?
Good ponit re judge's revocation.
We made some posts re Holton in the past.. I was not expecting these tactics from him which could appear as 'dirty tricks' or more likely vexatious practice.
It is a very strange tactic for a man of his repute.
Also strange is if he is actually defending molly for the civil matter- wonder whether a conflict of interest should be pursued? He is , in fact conflicted here as her 'civil' 'activities' are arising solely from a murder he is defending for at least one of the parties. I imagine he also had a large say in who would be representing Molly.. Tom's status and the reputation of the FBI is also at stake here.
Its weird behaviour.

Yeah, but- even setting slayer statute to one side and even setting her role in the murder to one side.. a couple separate, due to death or divorce- its 50/50 It is done by using a valuation service.. not cleaning it out and holding items in a separate private place.. thats psychiatric!
What was her intention? Ransom demand? There is no way to divide a washing machine in two without smashing it.
She then lobs in a #protectionOfPropertyFromTheElements reason.
A phone call to the Lynch solicitors regarding an agreement to switch on air conditioning, heat for a few hours periodically would have sorted all that..
The flight outa Panther Creek with every stick of furniture is the act of a madwoman!
It does , however prove greed, yet again.
We can now understabd it to be a very fundamental aspect of her character. Molly is greedy.
Thats pretty telling.
She made that, his bill.
Every bill was ultimately his bill.
Even though he never spent the money and quite possibly wasn't even aware of the extent of her flamboyant careless selfish narcissism..
it was all for her and her only.
She is the centre of her universe.

I think everyone looking at this from the outside would make all sorts of suggestion like turning on the air conditioning peridoically, ah sure what damage could have occurred if the house was left cold, what the heck has water got to do with preservicng the items, it is not as it the furniture needs watering.

The way I read all this, and this is only on what was produced following Mondays decision, is that MM first and only defence was that she owned all the property, she claims this on the basis that the transaction went through a credit card in her name and some stuff was bought by her parents. However, as Shipwash sees it, the CC was paid from the joint account and JC transferred large sums of money to both MM & also her parents. Slayer status only kicks in if found guilty.

No idea what the balance of her CC was at the time of death, I believe that the figure of $12k was only referring to the balance at the time of this court action.

Why is it now, only after this event, is the defence coming up with "ah sure her lawyers told her to do it"? This excuse it totally alien to the original defence by MM saying she is entitled to ownership because the transaction went through her CC. It is not as it she only took a few things, she cleared the house out, as stated in the Monday Judgement, all that was left in the property was JC clothes, items brought from Ireland by JC and items owned by the children.

She either did a)take the goods on the basis that she owned them entirely as personal possessions or b)took them for safekeeping. She has tried A, that one did not go well for her so she is resorting to plan B. But plan B also calls into question the ability of her lawyers. Her lawyers contacted the lawyers of the estate to advise them that she would be removing personal items, so they stood by and allowed the house to be cleared based on her saying I have a credit card. Regardless which one she picks, she broke the order.

As to her intention, well that is anyone's guess, I just cannot get my head around her actions.

http://bloximages.newyork1.vip.town...-5cad-8e9b-ba7f55f4ccfc/56e1083eafd3c.pdf.pdf
See page 6/15 subsection h
Balance at time of his death was 12-13k.
Is this habitual practice for Jason?
From all I have read he had a good business head.
Its a little strange she managed to run a credit card bill so very high..

Oh, thanks, I thought it was the current balance. It is quite high for the average joe soap but for her I suspect not. She also seems to think that four truck loads of possessions from the house was not worth much. Wonder what she used the money taken from the accounts after his death for or even how big it was?

Oh, thanks, I thought it was the current balance. It is quite high for the average joe soap but for her I suspect not. She also seems to think that four truck loads of possessions from the house was not worth much. Wonder what she used the money taken from the accounts after his death for or even how big it was?
cops said it was 'substantial'
I think she probably hoarded some of it, purchased a whole new wardrobe and paid some legal bills with it, even though the order stated it is not to be used for legal costs. I am wondering why all accounts were not frozen immediately?
All she seems to receive is a light slap on the wrist, no matter how grave her misdemeanor/crime?
Feeling v frustrated with all the nonsense now.. If she had been jailed immediately she would have been unable to cause further mayhem for the Corbetts and the lynches.
It is quite possible and maybe even likely she is doing much of this to cause maximum disruption and expense

Some random thoughts...

At this point, what good are any of these household goods to MM? Isn't she living with family? I doubt that she can afford to rent a home wherein the furniture would have a purpose. So, my thought is that the whole purpose of this and her numerous other actions are to provoke the Corbetts.

In my opinion, MM can not tolerate the inability to get her way. That's why JC was battered to death. She then assumed she was so, so adorable, that the Court would give her the children. But she was thwarted again. Her FB, Instagram, and encouraging her friends to post pictures of the children...were her attempts to get attention and retaliate emotionally against the Corbetts.

But the Court has shut most of that down too.

So,emptying the house was her next scheme. That would show the Corbetts! She would fix them! But now this has backfired too.

I'd like to know if her attorney was at the house the whole time? Or did he think she was just removing her clothes, etc...and she double crossed him and took everything. If he assisted, I would think he would be held in contempt of court.

Of course, afterwards, they have to try to "protect" her interests. That's what they are getting paid for.

I am praying that the Corbetts file a wrongful death suit. MM and TM deserve the full measure of the law upending THEIR lives.

My opinions only.

Some random thoughts...

At this point, what good are any of these household goods to MM? Isn't she living with family? I doubt that she can afford to rent a home wherein the furniture would have a purpose. So, my thought is that the whole purpose of this and her numerous other actions are to provoke the Corbetts.

In my opinion, MM can not tolerate the inability to get her way. That's why JC was battered to death. She then assumed she was so, so adorable, that the Court would give her the children. But she was thwarted again. Her FB, Instagram, and encouraging her friends to post pictures of the children...were her attempts to get attention and retaliate emotionally against the Corbetts.

But the Court has shut most of that down too.

So,emptying the house was her next scheme. That would show the Corbetts! She would fix them! But now this has backfired too.

I'd like to know if her attorney was at the house the whole time? Or did he think she was just removing her clothes, etc...and she double crossed him and took everything. If he assisted, I would think he would be held in contempt of court.

Of course, afterwards, they have to try to "protect" her interests. That's what they are getting paid for.

I am praying that the Corbetts file a wrongful death suit. MM and TM deserve the full measure of the law upending THEIR lives.

My opinions only.

Totally agree and I have said this often. Molly is like a spoiled brat. Her attitude towards the Corbetts is that of pure hate. She does not accept that she has caused this situation through her own actions . In my opinion she's lodging appeals because if she can't have it nobody can . I also don't believe any lawyer would have directed her to take all the property she did. Whether like ye said he left before she started moving property belonging to the estate or she didn't even tell him she was removing them and it was probably the latter. If I remember rightly it was not her estate lawyer but Uncle Mike that made the statement on the day of removal of the property. He said she wasn't within a hundred miles of NC which was later proven to be another lie he had told . She is clearly in breach of the court order. This will all be used against her at the criminal proceedings . She did this knowing it would be objected to its spite and actions speak louder than words.

Does anyone know whether the accused will be called to testify in the criminal trial? It seems the best way of tripping them up as otherwise their lies will just be expertly crafted by the legal experts . ..I'm so afraid they will get off with little more than a slap on the wrist if the jury falls for the dv story. Even if they are convicted they will continue to exhaust all appeal avenues and I can see this going on for years with no end in sight for the poor corbetts.

http://www.the-dispatch.com/article/20160309/NEWS/160309781

Is this from a US paper? The headline "Shipwash says murder suspect violated order" is a bit more to the point than previous tear-jerker stories about a stepmother losing her children after their father died. This kind of headline might be a jolt to her friends and supporters who want to believe he just tripped and fell against the baseball bat. Her lawyer sounds as "above the law" as any member of her family.
Holton said Corbett made her decisions under advisement from legal counsel. He said the property is not worth much money to start with.

“She has provided inventory, pictures and photographs,” Holton said. “Molly is the one who has taken steps to protect the property, so the resolution we would like to see is for Molly to get the property back that is hers and is now in storage.”

Does anyone know whether the accused will be called to testify in the criminal trial? It seems the best way of tripping them up as otherwise their lies will just be expertly crafted by the legal experts . ..I'm so afraid they will get off with little more than a slap on the wrist if the jury falls for the dv story. Even if they are convicted they will continue to exhaust all appeal avenues and I can see this going on for years with no end in sight for the poor corbetts.

Whether or not Molly will be called to testify will be the decision of Molly/her attorney. She cannot be compelled to testify, but she can choose to. It is usually considered a really bad idea for the accused to testify, but she seems the type who might choose to do so.

In the interest of fairness, she may not have revealed to her attorney that it was Jason who actually provided the funding. MM seems the type to play fast and loose with the truth. She could have told the lawyer she and her parents purchased the assets, leaving out the most important part, that JC has underwritten their purchases. MM appears to have little to no credibility with this court.

Thats pretty telling.
She made that, his bill.
Every bill was ultimately h is bill.
Isn't that pretty much always the case when a couple decides that one will be a full time parent? That one will be the full time parent, and the wage earner will pay all the bills? If that was the CC balance at the time of JCs death, that would have been their agreement, that he would pay it. He would have been fully aware that this bill was his responsibility.

If charges were made after his death, it would be different, of course.

ADMIN NOTE: No link, no post.

Any post which begins with, "rumor has it"; "I don't have a link, so take with a grain of salt"; or, "this is a rumor, but I read/heard..."; is an automatic "delete", so don't waste your time typing. If the same infraction occurs more than once, you might find yourself on the outside looking in.

Bessie

In the interest of fairness, she may not have revealed to her attorney that it was Jason who actually provided the funding. MM seems the type to play fast and loose with the truth. She could have told the lawyer she and her parents purchased the assets, leaving out the most important part, that JC has underwritten their purchases. MM appears to have little to no credibility with this court.

I would think that they would have had asked her provide the nessecary documentaion. I doubt they would take her on her word. After all this is just one case to them their reputations are on the line. They are only as good as their last case. I feel they can't control her impulses but have to look as if they advised her to do so now .

I am wondering if there is any reason that Holton (her criminal lawyer) is the one making statements about the removal of property rather than Thompson (her civil lawyer) who had dealt with the matter?

The claim is being made that the civil lawyer gave her permission to remove the items. Maybe the civil lawyer is unwilling to go on record accepting that responsibility or affirming that statement as the truth.

Isn't that pretty much always the case when a couple decides that one will be a full time parent? That one will be the full time parent, and the wage earner will pay all the bills? If that was the CC balance at the time of JCs death, that would have been their agreement, that he would pay it. He would have been fully aware that this bill was his responsibility.

If charges were made after his death, it would be different, of course.

I agree, this is a situation many people face unfortunately - the breadwinner dies and the other contributing partner (running the home and raising the children is a significant contribution) is suddenly left without funds or an income while the estate is sorted out. As Molly was the stepmother, with another person designated as guardian for the children, I think Jason was leaving her in a precarious situation if something happened to him suddenly (such as a heart attack or a car accident) because the estate would inevitably be frozen until everything could be sorted out. Vendors might see a bill as the widow's responsibility when she doesn't have access to funds. It can be a huge stress and fear for a widow, at an emotional time. There would be legal ways to ask the courts to ease that burden while the estate is being settled. Molly is not concerned with handling this legally or ethically. And her greed and impatience is playing against her because she's making it very clear she had a motive for Jason's death - her sense of entitlement towards his children and his property. She didn't sit back quietly and shown respect for the court by only requesting a small allowance and a few essentials or sentimental items, or to settle a few bills that were outstanding at Jason's death. She killed him and she tried to grab everything she could, regardless of whether she was entitled or not, and regardless of whether she was told to wait.

The claim is being made that the civil lawyer gave her permission to remove the items. Maybe the civil lawyer is unwilling to go on record accepting that responsibility or affirming that statement as the truth.
If that is the case, those lawyers could be facing disbarment, and rightly so.
We have discussed various anomalies regarding the behaviour of the Martens' legal advisors in the past here.
They have issued conflicting statements, statements intended to manipulate public opinion.. e.g. the children were 'ripped from their mother in the middle of the night dressed in only their pyjamas. ' We know perfectly well that the children were handed over during daytime hours because we have read so many reports to that effect.
The earlier suggestion 'there were more adults than the Martens in the house that night..' Arouses doubt and does not match any of the reports of the attending medical or police staff.

I am flabbergasted and astounded at their practice as reported!
It is highly irregular.
Why are they getting away with this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members