GUILTY NC - Jason Corbett, 39, murdered in his Wallburg home, 2 Aug 2015 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's remember that MM sought legal counsel in order to obtain a divorce and still have rights to the children. I wonder if her volunteering started shortly after that.

If the prosecution can show that essentially MM and family were "therapist-shopping" and that the change in the children's stories indicate that they were "coached"...that will show such disregard for the welfare of these children...that the "loving mother" image will be completely destroyed.

Who manipulates children to make them complicit in protecting their Fathers murderers? Who asks that children lie and demean their Fathers memory...just after they have lost him...for your own usefulness? This shows such utter disregard for their emotional wellbeing, it's almost a crime unto itself?
Totally agree.

Sent from my SM-T561 using Tapatalk

She was involved in a fundraising event for the Guild of Family Services for High Point, i never thought to check the connection between them and the Family Services of Piedmont. They are connected. Had another look at AH it seems she is the Family Preservation Program Manager/Therapist at the organisation. Could it be that MM organised this therapy session to assist her in the custody matter not realising that the records could be looked at for the criminal case? Hence no talk of the violence on the part of JC?

Truthalways well spotted on the link between the two!

All IMO
Emmalpage I think it gets worse.... the lawyer who was said to be advising her, I will confirm but her name was Melissa she voiced opinion and cheered Molly's posts
This lawyer too gives her time to the service and as far as I remember is heavily involved.
I'm wondering will this lawyer too give evidence?

Moo

If Molly had been trying to build a case for divorcing Jason but retaining rights to the kids then surely this would have been a good place to start. Garnering information on what types of abuse would count as DV, having the kids attend a 'therapy session', perhaps she was in fact ultimately planning to leave him but he just beat her too it. If so I can imagine that she would have been incredibly frustrated that her plan had been foiled.

I find it sad that the kids may have been manipulated into going along with this plan however, Jack seems very conflicted 'I don't want to hurt my stepmom' ...just what had they been asked to say was going on in the home?

All MOO.
Their are have been a lot of people in her circle of family and friends that have abused the vulnerability of these kids to facilitate her story. Why? We may never know and I'm glad I don't understand them because anyone who can suggest a stepchild is the image of her stepmother, or slander a victim with no evidence or troll a grieving family or purposely wipe their deceased birth mother from the whole picture as if she never existed in the middle of a custody case brought on by their father's murder can never be understood.

You are right the shame of him leaving this housewife of the year would have been eating her up. Once he told her he was going and the kids too the man unknowingly was not going to leave without a fight from MM. Sadly it ended in his death.

MOO

She was involved in a fundraising event for the Guild of Family Services for High Point, i never thought to check the connection between them and the Family Services of Piedmont. They are connected. Had another look at AH it seems she is the Family Preservation Program Manager/Therapist at the organisation. Could it be that MM organised this therapy session to assist her in the custody matter not realising that the records could be looked at for the criminal case? Hence no talk of the violence on the part of JC?

All IMO
I confirmed looking at Highpoint family services page that yes Melissa is the lawyer/friend who is involved also in the organisation, in fact in the September of 2015 she was involved in efforts for carpenter house shelter for domestic abuse I recall seeing a post suggestion she also gives free legal advice but cant find it - all DV related. Also I'm not going to link it here because of the many people in the picture but the picture I mentioned earlier is in their cover photos collection MM is to the left slightly hidden behind a lady. The lawyer to the right of the photo. I wonder are there many more members of the guild that are personal friends of MM.

As I mentioned on here before I have experience with DV and am uneasy at the fact that someone who supports the accused of such a vicious horrific attack on another human being, has read her fb posts, autopsy, has heard accounts of mutual friends about MM verbal abuse in public to JC and has seen the way the Corbetts were treated so dreadfully especially the children, would so publicly cheer MM on while championing DV victims and their rights with a valuable community organisation. That may sound like a contradictory statement but unless she was witness in the room that night she only has an autopsy and witness testimony to look at which to the reader in any instance screams OVERKILL. On all the group's I've seen linked to this the emphasis is hugely on the female victim,
Even providing services for "baterer husbands" to presumably rehabilitate.

Wouldn't it be so sad for this org and its visitors if even more evidence comes to light in court that Jason was a DV victim murdered by his abuser? The male, the husband.

Just thinking out loud. MOO

I confirmed looking at Highpoint family services page that yes Melissa is the lawyer/friend who is involved also in the organisation, in fact in the September of 2015 she was involved in efforts for carpenter house shelter for domestic abuse I recall seeing a post suggestion she also gives free legal advice but cant find it - all DV related. Also I'm not going to link it here because of the many people in the picture but the picture I mentioned earlier is in their cover photos collection MM is to the left slightly hidden behind a lady. The lawyer to the right of the photo. I wonder are there many more members of the guild that are personal friends of MM.

As I mentioned on here before I have experience with DV and am uneasy at the fact that someone who supports the accused of such a vicious horrific attack on another human being, has read her fb posts, autopsy, has heard accounts of mutual friends about MM verbal abuse in public to JC and has seen the way the Corbetts were treated so dreadfully especially the children, would so publicly cheer MM on while championing DV victims and their rights with a valuable community organisation. That may sound like a contradictory statement but unless she was witness in the room that night she only has an autopsy and witness testimony to look at which to the reader in any instance screams OVERKILL. On all the group's I've seen linked to this the emphasis is hugely on the female victim,
Even providing services for "baterer husbands" to presumably rehabilitate.

Wouldn't it be so sad for this org and its visitors if even more evidence comes to light in court that Jason was a DV victim murdered by his abuser? The male, the husband.

Just thinking out loud. MOO

I agree with all your observations very well spoken . I fear when it comes to domestic violence there is a lot of gender bias some are so blinded by their own experiences they can't see what is in front of them but it just shows again Molly seeks out the vulnerable . At every hurdle so far t Jasons family and the prosecution have been shown to be nothing but truthful. The Martens and their defence however have not .

I agree with all your observations very well spoken . I fear when it comes to domestic violence there is a lot of gender bias some are so blinded by their own experiences they can't see what is in front of them but it just shows again Molly seeks out the vulnerable . At every hurdle so far t Jasons family and the prosecution have been shown to be nothing but truthful. The Martens and their defence however have not .
Thanks Stephanddoody. Would be great if this case opens some eyes in NC when it's over. A fist or a kick or a lash of a tongue knows no gender and if you have been witness to it your empathy will always be with the victim no matter whether it's a man woman or child. You can't fight abuse with abuse either so shes not fooling me and I think jurors will be witness to abuse in its truest form when they see poor JC cold dead covered in bruises and cuts and broken bones bloody and irrecognisable from a hateful beating.

Have we ever looked at pictures of victims of beatings of this kind ? I have its horrific.

Moo

Do you have a link where this was said? My understanding is that they were completely separate interviews. Andrea Huckabee is employed at Family Services of the Piedmont and gave evidence during the pre-trial hearing that she had attended on the children for a therapy session. Looking into the Family Services of Piedmont website it is clear that they have their own Childrens Advocacy Centres (Greensboro Children's Advocacy Centre and Hope House). Why would she refer the children to a completely separate CAC?

For completeness I had a look at the Dragonfly House website and, in particular, the list of partner agencies that they work with. Family Services of the Piedmont is not one of them; Davidson County Sheriff's Office is. This correlates with the evidence given by Detective Nathan Riggs that HE contacted Dragonfly House and arranged the appointment for the children. He did this after hearing from a colleague that the children had mentioned secret phone numbers. I have not seen anything to suggest that the interview with AH was a screening; nor would it make sense IMO that they would refer to a completely separate organisation when they clearly had the expertise to assist the children themselves.

All IMO
The information developed here today by you great sleuthers...including everything about the DV agency, could be critically important. I hope JC's family are made aware of this somehow...so they can be sure the DA has this information. The DA probably has looked into this for rebuttal...but these days it is wise to take nothing for granted. Budgets are tight. Even in the high profile Casey Anthony case we saw mistakes and oversights.

Absolutely agree, stmarysmead. I think many of us, particularly from Ireland, who have been weaned on a diet of US courtroom dramas, and who are heavily emotionally invested in the case by virtue of JC's nationality, but more importantly by his apparent inherent decency, may feel that all efforts and no expense will be spared by the prosecution to secure a conviction. The stark reality, I'm afraid, is this is just one of several murder cases in the jurisdiction, and the prosecution will allocate the minimum it deems necessary to secure the convictions - hopefully it will be enough. I do hope some of tbhe leads generated here will be brought to the attention of the prosecution - if they are, we will have collectively done something to ensure justice for JC.

Emmalpage I think it gets worse.... the lawyer who was said to be advising her, I will confirm but her name was Melissa she voiced opinion and cheered Molly's posts
This lawyer too gives her time to the service and as far as I remember is heavily involved.
I'm wondering will this lawyer too give evidence?

Moo

How could we forget MS and her fundraising page to help raise money for SC and JC's education after all that they had been through. I find it highly doubtful that ever made its way to Ireland.

I always had a nagging though in my head about the DV element. I remember SN making a comment on social media when arguing with somebody;she was asked how she didn't know and her reply was something along the lines of 'i've known for a year'. Shortly afterwards it came to light during the custody hearing that MM had sought advice on divorce a year previously. I always thought that was when she decided on the DV angle. We know that she has absolutely no issue with lying but, IMO,it goes further than that, I believe that MM does believe that JC was abusive to her; that his failure to allow her to adopt the children was abuse, that his wanting to keep ties to MC's family was abuse, that not giving her the one thing she wanted - the children was abuse.

I agree with some of the comments here, i think people have blinkers on; this is a woman that they sat and chatted with, coffee mornings,playdates etc I think maybe they find burying their head in the sand makes it all okay. That they weren't friends with a monster....

All IMO

All IMO
that makes total sense jc makes a point of saying mm was his step mom his real mom passed away according to the therapist ,so maybe it was about the custody, therapist mentions mm as mum, jc corrects her by saying she is his stepmom, she probes a little further to find jc has negative feelings towards mm,pry some more and he mentions abuse, therapist did not state in pre trial hearing what that abuse was , thank you for finding the connection it makes more sense to me now

moo

The information developed here today by you great sleuthers...including everything about the DV agency, could be critically important. I hope JC's family are made aware of this somehow...so they can be sure the DA has this information. The DA probably has looked into this for rebuttal...but these days it is wise to take nothing for granted. Budgets are tight. Even in the high profile Casey Anthony case we saw mistakes and oversights.
jc family has been made aware of todays findings hopefully it will help them secure a conviction well done

http://gateway.ncbar.org/store/seminar/seminar.php?seminar=20316

A document MS reviewed according to her bio in 2012 and possibly snipets that are of importance with regards to the case. Im sure MM is well versed in this with regard to her "rights"

Looks like you have to pay to download, if anyone finds a better link please post.

Let's have a read through what we can

Chapter 8: Domestic Violence....................................................141
Kim R. Bonuomo
Revised by Melissa L. Sams

This is the chapter she revised. Seems to be a theme here with the DV

Chapter 8: Domestic Violence....................................................141
Kim R. Bonuomo
Revised by Melissa L. Sams

This is the chapter she revised. Seems to be a theme here with the DV

You are right she also friended SN . I saw this relationship as strange , they don't seem to run in the same circles or shouldn't ,but she is also an expert of some sort in domestic violence so I see now why this relationship was important to Molly Ill just attach her thesis

https://theses.lib.vt.edu/theses/av...11729/unrestricted/NeevesThesisIPVLesbian.pdf

https://www.researchgate.net/public...ing_in_the_Context_of_Cumulative_Disadvantage

Screenshot from October 2015 - MM friend on a forum implying JC took his first wife's life. I use the term friend loosely, more of an acquaintance. As early as this she was planting the seeds of her story colluded with TM. The conversation TM had at the wedding with MF. The wedding MF wasn't at. She was whispering these stories to whoever would listen. The People supporting her strangers & acquaintances. Where are her school friends, bridesmaids, former work colleagues? The people who really knew her? They haven't come forward, haven't championed MM. MM sounds like a person with a plan & IMO I truly think JC's murder was planned. IMG_0370.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Screenshot from October 2015 - MM friend on a forum implying JC took his first wife's life. I use the term friend loosely, more of an acquaintance. As early as this she was planting the seeds of her story colluded with TM. The conversation TM had at the wedding with MF. The wedding MF wasn't at. She was whispering these stories to whoever would listen. The People supporting her strangers & acquaintances. Where are her school friends, bridesmaids, former work colleagues? The people who really knew her? They haven't come forward, haven't championed MM. MM sounds like a person with a plan & IMO I truly think JC's murder was planned. View attachment 119726

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They know because Molly told them so .

You are right she also friended SN . I saw this relationship as strange , they don't seem to run in the same circles or shouldn't ,but she is also an expert of some sort in domestic violence so I see now why this relationship was important to Molly Ill just attach her thesis

https://theses.lib.vt.edu/theses/av...11729/unrestricted/NeevesThesisIPVLesbian.pdf

https://www.researchgate.net/public...ing_in_the_Context_of_Cumulative_Disadvantage
Brilliant. Great links, all this is important because we now have what looks to be two exerts on DV very close friends to MM which isn't an everyday thing with a woman who is claiming DV. Important because it makes the activities of martens since she looked into divorce seem even more calculated and also it gives us the nod to brace ourselves for all the prep MM has been able to do for trial.

SN may let her down because she seems vulgar and confrontational and would do as a witness but I bet MS is in this for the long haul and without a doubt will be called to testify.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member