GUILTY NC - Jason Corbett, 39, murdered in his Wallburg home, 2 Aug 2015 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Will all 12 jurors have to agree to get a guilty verdict or what way does it work?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Yes. One juror can "hang" a jury in NC.

Here's a definition:

"hung jury:

n. slang for a hopelessly deadlocked jury in a criminal case, in which neither side is able to prevail. Usually it means there is no unanimous verdict (although in Oregon and Louisiana 10 of 12 jurors can convict or acquit). If the jury is hung the trial judge will declare a mistrial. A new trial from scratch, with a new jury panel, is required. The prosecutor can decide not to re-try the case, particularly if a majority of the jury favored acquittal. (See: jury, dismissal, trial, mistrial)
Copyright © 1981-2005 by Gerald N. Hill and Kathleen T. Hill. All Right reserved.

Yes. One juror can "hang" a jury in NC.

Here's a definition:

"hung jury:

n. slang for a hopelessly deadlocked jury in a criminal case, in which neither side is able to prevail. Usually it means there is no unanimous verdict (although in Oregon and Louisiana 10 of 12 jurors can convict or acquit). If the jury is hung the trial judge will declare a mistrial. A new trial from scratch, with a new jury panel, is required. The prosecutor can decide not to re-try the case, particularly if a majority of the jury favored acquittal. (See: jury, dismissal, trial, mistrial)
Copyright © 1981-2005 by Gerald N. Hill and Kathleen T. Hill. All Right reserved.
Thank you

Michael L. Hewlett Reporter at Winston-Salem Journal
Thank you for writing and sharing your concerns. The motion wasn't withdrawn; it was amended to say that the purported statements were made at a different gathering in the United States in 2012. I never reported initially where the purported statements were made because they were not in the motion filed; the wedding were referenced in a memorandum later filed that I did not report on. Nor did I report on the amended motion that was filed. The story above only mentions what is in the amended motion and doesn't make mention of statements being made at a wedding. I will be covering this motion in more detail when it comes up during the trial (Judge David Lee has not made a ruling on it).

Interesting, i have never felt the need to reply or correspond with a reporter. Can I ask what email you used? I feel i may wish to ask they confirm a few things.....

Reading back through posts. There seems to have been an awful lot of emphasis from the defence regarding Jason's size which seems tactical regarding their arguments about self defence theory

I think if defence proceed down this road with this picture of a large, tall, broad, heavy brute trying to strangle the slight petite MM it might just be favourable for the prosecution because how would he not have left marks on her neck, broke her neck, stopped the oxygen flow to her brain in the time it took TM to hear it get upstairs with a weapon from the garage and the assault to ensue?

If JC was strangling MM which I don't believe he was, the intent behind the action of strangulation is one which would require force and strnght and with yhe belief that he was a "huge" man without thid being reflected in injuries it's another strike for prosecution

Moo

Sent from my SM-T561 using Tapatalk

Agreed if you look at pictures of the wedding there is very little in size between MM an JC. He was 6 foot I would assume she was a few inches shorter. She was fit, a swimmer, he was neither of these.

All IMO

Interesting, i have never felt the need to reply or correspond with a reporter. Can I ask what email you used? I feel i may wish to ask they confirm a few things.....

mhewlett@wsjournalcom

His phone if you are in the States..336-727-7326

In Jason's autopsy their are several "RED ABRASIONS" seen all over his body indicative of injury sustained during the assault. But I was a little shocked to see BROWN AND ORANGE abrasions mentioned. This is indicative of an abrasion that caused to the skin 48 hours or more before they dry out and the surface turns brown. Red to orange is the in between of that process.

Did Jason have prior injuries?

If so, who caused them? Had he been assaulted before? In the days previous?
Is his body showing us any patterns? Injury patterns?

Jason's autopsy - brown Abrasions

On the right lateral chest is a 3 x 1/2", roughly curvilinear, superficial, red-
brown, abrasion.

On the superior aspect of the left shoulder is a 1 1/2 x 1/2", irregular, superficial, red-brown abrasion.

Also, there is a 3/4 x 3/8", irregular,
superficial, red-orange abrasion
18f9d40be569526a941e40f497a59e96.jpg

Never noticed that before great observation

Is the autopsy we see the full autopsy or would their be some info that we aren't privy to?

I ask for good reason
Thanks

Is the autopsy we see the full autopsy or would their be some info that we aren't privy to?

I ask for good reason
Thanks

Yes, for sure, thats the point in analysing it again.

We are given certain information, like wound colours but we are not told whether they were inflicted pre or post mortem.
Microscopic examination has not been made available to us.
Sequence of blows not mentioned though it is possible and easy for a pathologist to determine.
Position of intestinal contents is another.
Urine toxicology may have been missing too..
Plus it was not specified how many other tox screens were applied.. Sometimes they just test for a few.. e.g. Insulin not always discernible.. though no injection sites noted.. many many drugs not tested.. so difficult to determine his state of consciousness at time of attack. Could well have been a sackfull of tablets in that house with 4 adults.. available, I mean. Thats if somebody spiked his food or beverage and he injested it unknowingly.
Which reminds e, for the lie file.. stephen, weren't there some wild allegations made by defence practitioners regarding drug combinations at one of the crazy fox(ish) interviews they insisted in carrying out ? Remember they had several bizarre press conferences where they invited the foxes and made strange statements.. I have a feeling they might have occurred after we put the lies file to bed. I suspect may be discussions here on older threads? I think we are missing a few..
Time of death is absent.
Absent also is whether radiological scanning took place on or was ordered on his body post mortem.
Truthalways reminded us of rectal temperature.. paramedics may have checked or police medics. but not sure a police medic attended crime scene.
Wheres the older files? I remember us doing this, I just cannot recall every result or anomaly..
We dont have microscopic examination results.
Bacteriological, mouth scrapings.
Was an eye test in one of autopsy findings.. not sure if that came with a question.
Was caffiene in his system too and I think I might have heard he was not a caffeine consumer (spelling mechanism has departed due to lack of sleep, coffee damn it, coffee)
Not sure hair analysis was submitted or reported.
Condition of blood.. venous arterial, some clotted, some pooled, some fresh.. not sure whether was tested for anti coags.. not sure whether his own prescribed drugs for his medical conditions was detected..
We just got a top-coat.
Theres more questions than answers arising.
This is not a full answer, just some bits I remember/

I emailed this reporter re the dm article on Mrs fitzpatricks denial that her husband ever said such things he didn't reply or report on the article

Great, thanks for clarifying Kitty.

I am asking for a few reasons. One is the fact that I am looking at an injury on the autopsy that's a "coarsely stellate" appearence. It is common in firearm injuries. Pathologist May have other reasoning for this description so I was wondering if there was a gunshot wound in any case not just this one would pathologist usually describe the wound and then determine and disclose what weapon would have been used in the copy of autopsy such as the one we have seen or would that all come in court?

Probably a silly question but I'm just trying to work through it.

Yes, for sure, thats the point in analysing it again.

We are given certain information, like wound colours but we are not told whether they were inflicted pre or post mortem.
Microscopic examination has not been made available to us.
Sequence of blows not mentioned though it is possible and easy for a pathologist to determine.
Position of intestinal contents is another.
Urine toxicology may have been missing too..
Plus it was not specified how many other tox screens were applied.. Sometimes they just test for a few.. e.g. Insulin not always discernible.. though no injection sites noted.. many many drugs not tested.. so difficult to determine his state of consciousness at time of attack. Could well have been a sackfull of tablets in that house with 4 adults.. available, I mean. Thats if somebody spiked his food or beverage and he injested it unknowingly.
Which reminds e, for the lie file.. stephen, weren't there some wild allegations made by defence practitioners regarding drug combinations at one of the crazy fox(ish) interviews they insisted in carrying out ? Remember they had several bizarre press conferences where they invited the foxes and made strange statements.. I have a feeling they might have occurred after we put the lies file to bed. I suspect may be discussions here on older threads? I think we are missing a few..
Time of death is absent.
Absent also is whether radiological scanning took place on or was ordered on his body post mortem.
Truthalways reminded us of rectal temperature.. paramedics may have checked or police medics. but not sure a police medic attended crime scene.
Wheres the older files? I remember us doing this, I just cannot recall every result or anomaly..
We dont have microscopic examination results.
Bacteriological, mouth scrapings.
Was an eye test in one of autopsy findings.. not sure if that came with a question.
Was caffiene in his system too and I think I might have heard he was not a caffeine consumer (spelling mechanism has departed due to lack of sleep, coffee damn it, coffee)
Not sure hair analysis was submitted or reported.
Condition of blood.. venous arterial, some clotted, some pooled, some fresh.. not sure whether was tested for anti coags.. not sure whether his own prescribed drugs for his medical conditions was detected..
We just got a top-coat.
Theres more questions than answers arising.
This is not a full answer, just some bits I remember/

I emailed this reporter re the dm article on Mrs fitzpatricks denial that her husband ever said such things he didn't reply or report on the article
So did i got 2 replies but he still diden't repirt the truth..

Great, thanks for clarifying Kitty.

I am asking for a few reasons. One is the fact that I am looking at an injury on the autopsy that's a "coarsely stellate" appearence. It is common in firearm injuries. Pathologist May have other reasoning for this description so I was wondering if there was a gunshot wound in any case not just this one would pathologist usually describe the wound and then determine and disclose what weapon would have been used in the copy of autopsy such as the one we have seen or would that all come in court?

Probably a silly question but I'm just trying to work through it.

not silly. no attempt is silly
http://www.forensicmed.co.uk/wounds/firearms/gunshot-wounds-rifled-weapons/
Have you got exact context of phrase handy, please?

Jason's autopsy

NO fingertip imprints noted
NO fingermarks noted

NO marks as seen in pics below of R and L inner arms.

Injuries seen on the assailant after strangulation/attempted of their victim.

Fingertip imprints

Bruising from gripping fingertips is often seen on the inner aspect of the upper arms of individuals who have been restrained.

Finger marks

The slap from an open hand may result in an identifiable pattern.

Sober and conscious victims of strangulation will first feel terror and severe pain. If
strangulation persists, unconsciousness will follow. Before lapsing into unconsciousness, a
strangulation victim will usually resist violently, often producing injuries of their own neck in an
effort to claw off the assailant.
c870889313894d4f93c64e19e1aa607b.jpg
1955746ead2147703622cc4e9855b1d2.jpg

not silly. no attempt is silly
http://www.forensicmed.co.uk/wounds/firearms/gunshot-wounds-rifled-weapons/
Have you got exact context of phrase handy, please?
On the left parietal scalp is a 6 1/2 x
4" coarsely stellate, complex, branched, full-thickness laceration with partial avulsion. The branches
individually range from 3/4" to 2" in length. Anteriorly, it has is undermining to a length of 2";
posteriorly, there is undermining to a length of 1 7/8". The laceration has extensive tissue bridging.

So did i got 2 replies but he still diden't repirt the truth..

it was at the time the article appeared in dm re mrs fitzpatricks denying they were at the wedding said it may be of intrest to him he didnt bother to respond or report on the article

Think might be more effective to make a complaint to ethics body governing print media.. someone put a link on comments under article
But we need an agreed wording and many heads and some copies of previous successful complaints in order to make it stick. we also need to study rules regarding complaints because if its vexatious we loose all credibility. Then we can email him a copy of the complaint and the complaint number. Its then out of our hands.
Need close examination of his previous work on the case too. Ensure he did not know what he claims to not have known.
also friendly note to the starboy or mirrorboy who reported complaint was retracted yesterday. keep everything dead civil, professional and clean as a whistle.

The lies file alone is well sufficient for a complete article.. but, choice of media is critical.
that dude referred to the jfj page in an offhand way in his article yesterday, yet, if you open that page you can clearly see other articles, he proved he opened it, yet he selected what to post and denied knowledge of other validated info.. sorry, am tired and furious and a tad incoherent here

4" coarsely stellate, complex, branched, full-thickness laceration with partial avulsion. The branches
individually range from 3/4" to 2" in length. Anteriorly, it has is undermining to a length of 2";
posteriorly, there is undermining to a length of 1 7/8". The laceration has extensive tissue bridging.

Think this is more accurate,

Crush injury from a direct blow may produce an irregular or stellate laceration with a variable degree of devitalized tissue, abrasion and visible contamination.*

Why has there been nothing in the American press about Keith Maginn? Is this because he will testify at trial so there may be a legal reason to not mention his book and his interview with the Irish press?

Or is this just the American press keeping information from the potential jury pool?

That was some WHACK!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members