Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
from the same link:

"A forensic scientist said blood spatter marks indicated retired FBI agent Thomas Michael Martens (67) was standing above Mr Corbett (39) when the Irish businessman's skull was struck with a metal baseball bat.

...Dr James said blood spatters on the inside lower hem of Mr Martens's boxer shorts were different in direction from those on the front of the underwear. He said it was consistent with Mr Corbett's head possibly having been close to the bedroom floor."

I think I read it 6 times already..
wonder whether its enough?
Will the word 'may' be qualified by certainty?
Oh God.

Jason 'may have been in bed'.. when the first blow hit him, we do not know yet whether that was the bat or the rock.
Just that he did not join Martens for further alcoholic beverages after their arrival -911 call. Tom responded 'during the course of the day' when questioned by 911 operator.
His toxicology is consistent with this statement.
The bed 'looked like only one side had been slept on'.
he was alone..
If this pans out to certainty, malice proven, and if pre-meditation becomes a factor from results of warrants, is the case still prosecuted as 2nd degree ?

I know we need further testimony from blood spatter expert to obtain a fuller picture, it is likely defence will have hired an expert to refute this..
but, if it is a thing that he was attacked while sleeping, which we have all suspected from the outset...
the reality for his family must be unbearably painful.

I'm not the sharpest tool in the box when it comes to law - my websleuths friends know this, but it feels like I've blinked and missed mm trial, is she on trial? Where is her trial? Evidence and testimony is building since the start now about tm, on the other hand all I know now is yhat mm had tissue matter on clothing and some blood on face, neck and hair, and that also her behaviour after that night was questionable. Few days left for prosecution, hoping her trial starts soon!!

Jmo

Sent from my SM-T561 using Tapatalk

I'm not the sharpest tool in the box when it comes to law - my websleuths friends know this, but it feels like I've blinked and missed mm trial, is she on trial? Where is her trial? Evidence and testimony is building since the start now about tm, on the other hand all I know now is yhat mm had tissue matter on clothing and some blood on face, neck and hair, and that also her behaviour after that night was questionable. Few days left for prosecution, hoping her trial starts soon!!

Jmo

Blood spatter expert not finished yet.. or journos have not yet understood his evidence.. More tomorrow.. we may find her in the stone. Keep the faith.. we got a lot already.. see Indo.

Slán a chara we bid your farewell, and hope as you journey, your story we may tell.
We never did meet you when you were here, but our search for justice, has drawn us all near.
Our hope is your happy, our hope is your free, we will work towards justice, wherever it may lead.
Each day we remember, your life, your name, we will never forget you, your memory remains.

R.I.P. Jason Corbett, killed 2nd August 2015.
My own words for JC

http://img2.thejournal.ie/article/3514850/river?version=3514854&width=1340
a2aabeb53a3d887bd9aa0222ad421577.jpg

Blood spatter expert not finished yet.. or journos have not yet understood his evidence.. More tomorrow.. we may find her in the stone. Keep the faith.. we got a lot already.. see Indo.
Off to work xx

from the same link:

"A forensic scientist said blood spatter marks indicated retired FBI agent Thomas Michael Martens (67) was standing above Mr Corbett (39) when the Irish businessman's skull was struck with a metal baseball bat.

...Dr James said blood spatters on the inside lower hem of Mr Martens's boxer shorts were different in direction from those on the front of the underwear. He said it was consistent with Mr Corbett's head possibly having been close to the bedroom floor."
So TM either witnessed this particular blow or inflicted it. For A Man who spent his life protecting people and searching for the truth ,this is hard to fathom.

The defense has suggested that Molly was TM's "princess", Daddy's little girl and that he loved her so, he would risk his own life fighting this much bigger man to save her.

I assume we will hear lots of this in the Defense case,

But here's the question the Prosecution should ask if Tom takes the stand, "Mr Martens, in the four years your daughter lived in Ireland, how often did you visit your Princess?"

Never

Your wife traveled to see her twice in four years, did you accompany your wife to see your Princess?

No.

Now we know, that MM had been very ill with her bipolar episodes, she wasover prescribed medications, she had just gotten out of the hospital, but not one visit to see if your beloved daughter is doing okay...to meet this man she's living with? To see if she's safe, managing, being treated right?

Nothing.

Four years is a long time. Not a care for his Princess at all.

https://www.facebook.com/TheIrishMail/posts/1940423919548483

Daily mail article a bit more detailed still waiting on confirmation of I can put ss of it up
main points

Limerick father of two suffered multiple blows while he was in a descending motion
Stuart James told the court that blood spatter and saturation stains found on the sheets and the box springs of the bed showed that an impact incident took place there
It may well be where the bloodshed first occurred
On the west wall leading to the same area he noted several impact stains as well as a clump of dark hair on the carpet , This indicates movement of a bloody source coming in contact with a wall
The main focus of Mr James testimony was several areas of blood spatter in the master bedroom near the door. One was approx four to five feet above the floor and he concluded that the source Jason Corbett would have been struck at that height . Another area of spatter was consistent with impacting to the head of Mr Corbett as he was decesending down the wall . His head was impacting the wall as well as an object striking him
he added that the appearance of the brick was consistent with more than one impact because the distortion of blood was on both sides
no evidence of impact spatter in the bathroom
Stains found in the inside leg of Mr Martens boxers had to have travelled up from below to be on the inside
A pair of pyjama bottoms worn by Ms Martens which also show stains on the lower legs showed Mr Corbetts head was close to the floor when struck
Blood stains close to the door knob into the main hallway could have been from fingers
Mr James told the court that he concluded that a vacuum cleaner in the bedroom had been moved after blood impacted on it
He sais that blood spatter on the vacuum was going sideways
This shows alteration of the scene
You made comments to Tom about you family members too did you not asked the defence in the cross examination Not that I hated them was the response
Ms Lowery stepped down from the witness box and made her way towards the public gallery there was no parting nod to her former workmate , instead a knowing nod to the Corbett fsmily who watched as she left the room

I'm so angry today reading the blood spatter expert's testimony.

Poor, poor Jason. He had no chance.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

I agree that the testimony of the blood spatter expert is important but I don't share your faith in the science of blood spatters or the ability of the expert to definitively reconstruct a blow-by-blow account of the killing.

I don't think we will ever know for sure whether Jason was asleep when the first blow was struck; or whether he was struck first by MM or TM: or who wielded which weapon and exactly how many blows were landed with each weapon and which one was the fatal blow.

Again, even if it were possible to definitively to reconstruct a blow by blow account of the killing, I don't think either side has anything significant to gain from such an account. The blood spatter testimony is important but I think your comparison of it to being like having a CCTV camera in the bedroom is an overstatement.
Forensic science is just that, a science. I have full faith in it. Blood spatter is one of the most robust and informative elements in murder cases.

this all suggests that the burden of his Princess was finally lifted and that she really had turned a corner. But based on her histories they should have know better. It was very irresponsible of all her family to leave a fragile woman prone to breakdown and care for young children.these issues with MM didnt just happen overnight. The silence is deafening from her old High school buddies/friends(if she had any).

I notice that the Winston Salem are not reporting that the blood spatter expert said that he was possibly IN BED when he was first hit.

The biased reporting is really starting to get right on my wick.

http://www.greensboro.com/news/crim...cle_83b03bd1-2bbc-5a23-832d-455107b4d2a6.html

See here is Mollys problem . She told investigators she tried to hit Jason but was unsuccessful.

[video=twitter;892478076734631937]https://twitter.com/LexDispatchBC/status/892478076734631937[/video]
Why was she trying to hit him with a paving stone? He clearly wasn't "strangling" her at that stage. Why didn't she run?

There are so many holes in her statement.

I notice that the Winston Salem are not reporting that the blood spatter expert said that he was possibly IN BED when he was first hit.

The biased reporting is really starting to get right on my wick.

Oh YES.
On it.
you're welcome to join me.
Dispatch sent a sports journalist to cover it, live tweeting, he has managed to omit most significant information.

We have only heard , heard is a gross exaggeration in this case, the prosecution arguments.
It is the job of the blood spatter expert to determine how the attack played out, the force and velocity of the blows and the proximity of the assailants to the victim.. and hopefully identify which was the fatal blow and who inflicted it.

He makes the story of the massacre understandable through the use of angles, directions, where the blood fell, its type and the injury which is likely to have been caused by each blow.

It matters little what they testify.. scientific principles will out the truth. Its a pretty exacting science.

He is the third person that knows what happened and the sequence in that room that night.

His testimony is the most important testimony in that court, he is in effect a witness, like a cctv camera witnesses.
Great comment!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members