GUILTY NC - Jason Corbett, 39, murdered in his Wallburg home, 2 Aug 2015 #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps this is what ignited the 'fight' that night?

I don't think there was a fight at all. Look to me like Jason had gone to bed on his own (evidence, not wearing clothes and only one side of the bed slept in). MM took a paving brick/stone and hit Jason with it (evidence, brick,drugs in Jasons body, blood expert testimony)

What I can not figure out is when her father arrived on the scene.

Irish Daily Mail

Going by posters on here, apparently this newspaper has the best coverage. I tried to subscribe to read the articles but could only find the UK or Scottish edition. Did anyone else on here manage it?

IM awaiting confirmation that I can put up ss. I think it's only available in Ireland subscription

What is ss? Screen shot? I saw one of those on here but the print was too small to read. I'm not in Ireland or I would have bought the actual paper.

Tom Martens is supposedly an intelligent man. He worked for our government in a counter espionage position, with a very high security clearance. One would assume that our government considered him a rational man. One would assume that Martens knows how to accomplish very technical research.

Yet now we are asked to believe that for years Martens had been in a state of great mental distress..because he believed...that his son-in-law may well be a Murderer Extraordinaire! Martens, we are to be told, has been tormented by the fact that Jason Corbett may well have successfully weaponized an asthma attack to rid himself of his first wife!

So how exactly did Jason do this? What was Martens theory of the crime?

Can someone, who believes this absurdity, please link to another successful murder where inducing an asthma attack is the weapon? Was this a conspiracy involving doctors, ambulance attendants and Mags sister? How exactly did Jason pull this off?

I mean if Martens has been tormented for years by this alleged comment from Mr Fitzgerald...he must have a theory of the crime? Tom must have been beside himself with worry every time Molly had a sinus infection. Who knows what Jason might weaponize next??

I'm also trying to understand when Tom Martens, who didn't visit his bipolar daughter in Ireland for four years, became this "helicopter parent"...so consumed with her well being and safety, that's it culminated in him losing control and committing a rage killing? He wasn't stewing over the well being of his sick princess in those four years.

The people that really, really knew Jason Corbett and Mags will be coming out next week in Ireland to support the Corbetts, Lynches, and Fitzgeralds...to pray for justice and healing.

At Jason's place of business, coworkers cried this week.

The Evil Genius sure had lots of people fooled.

Tom Martens is supposedly an intelligent man. He worked for our government in a counter espionage position, with a very high security clearance. One would assume that our government considered him a rational man. One would assume that Martens knows how to accomplish very technical research.

Yet now we are asked to believe that for years Martens had been in a state of great mental distress..because he believed...that his son-in-law may well be a Murderer Extraordinaire! Martens, we are to be told, has been tormented by the fact that Jason Corbett may well have successfully weaponized an asthma attack to rid himself of his first wife!

So how exactly did Jason do this? What was Martens theory of the crime?

Can someone, who believes this absurdity, please link to another successful murder where inducing an asthma attack is the weapon? Was this a conspiracy involving doctors, ambulance attendants and Mags sister? How exactly did Jason pull this off?

I mean if Martens has been tormented for years by this alleged comment from Mr Fitzgerald...he must have a theory of the crime? Tom must have been beside himself with worry every time Molly had a sinus infection. Who knows what Jason might weaponize next??

I'm also trying to understand when Tom Martens, who didn't visit his bipolar daughter in Ireland for four years, became this "helicopter parent"...so consumed with her well being and safety, that's it culminated in him losing control and committing a rage killing? He wasn't stewing over the well being of his sick princess in those four years.

The people that really, really knew Jason Corbett and Mags will be coming out next week in Ireland to support the Corbetts, Lynches, and Fitzgeralds...to pray for justice and healing.

At Jason's place of business, coworkers cried this week.

The Evil Genius sure had lots of people fooled.
Not only that but, this too..
The motion references the fatal shooting of a police officer and states that it's a precedent for how Mr Martens will fight his case.
(this from an old link Tippy posted last night re wedding lie)
http://www.independent.ie/world-new...sed-the-death-of-his-first-wife-35803451.html

For your next chapter, can you please discuss how this might play out?
Your writing made me smile and I am grateful. Immensely.

Tom Martens is "trying too hard" with this nonsense theory. i actually hope it comes in. Did he contact Mr Fitzgerald to receive further information...you know, so he could protect his own daughter from a similar fate? Did he fly to Ireland and pull out his FBI credentials to see what he could learn about the circumstances of Mags death?

Did he discuss this with his wife, Molly's Mother? If so, why wasn't she right behind him when she thought her daughter was the potential next victim of the murderous Jason? Why wasn't she calling 911?

Oh wait..."the last thing he expected to see" and all that.

Any juror who believes this is really trying too hard too. It defies common sense. It's...grasping at straws.

Tom Martens is "trying too hard" with this nonsense theory. i actually hope it comes in. Did he contact Mr Fitzgerald to receive further information...you know, so he could protect his own daughter from a similar fate? Did he fly to Ireland and pull out his FBI credentials to see what he could learn about the circumstances of Mags death?

Did he discuss this with his wife, Molly's Mother? If so, why wasn't she right behind him when she thought her daughter was the potential next victim of the murderous Jason? Why wasn't she calling 911?

Any juror who believes this is really trying too hard too. It defies common sense. It's...grasping at straws.

No. Thats what he told the cops on the night of the slaughter
they subsequently checked it out.
Prosecution had mr Fitzpatrick's statement and autopsy from way back. Defence had them via discovery.
But they waited until Mr Fitzpatrick was dead before they tried using them.. because they could never have run the scam while he was still alive.
Remember TM got 'agitated' in the police car and did not know which county he was in.
Its also quite possible he was completely inebriated and disinhibited during the frenzied attack.
He was probably only sobering up in the police car.. thats is speculation on my part.

I genuinely despair on how low these people will go . This IMO Is horrific. They make it out as if in 2012 ( originally 2011but that's a admin mistake )mr fitz wrote out on FBI letterhead paper that somehow Jason was responsible for Mags passing . Honestly it's despicable and was said by her supporters from the start ,there are really are no words of how disgusting it is . Will not impress the jurors either IMO
Is there a link for that? The FBI letterhead etc? I don't remember seeing that.

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

I didn't realise that Mr. Fitzpatrick had made a sworn statement denying ever telling Mr. Marten about his daughter Mag's death. That's really well done by Mr. Fitzpatrick. Seems to me the Fitzpatricks were well up on what type of people the Marten's are.

Also on the speed of the visit to Jason's workplace. It's so unseemly, to even actually be thinking about that the day after such a ghastly murder scene. Who does that. I don't see how a widow would be even thinking along those lines. Very odd behaviour.

It was mercenary without shame or rectitude of the Ms’. Can’t get my head around such callousness so soon after his death. I'm sure his work colleagues were in mourning at that time. For most families its weeks after the event they would try to gather such personal effects and it shows an ingrained pre-planning of the Ms’. It would also indicate that M was aware that JC was using his work place as secure storage for some time and that he did not trust MM. I presume MM had searched the home previous to this for Jacks and Sarah’s passport and bank accounts and life assurance policies and concluded that JC kept them at his work place.

What the Defense is at here is to create a mind-set of TM when they allege he came to the defense of MM the night they killed JC. It’s for the Defense to put forward this based on the unsubstantiated rumour created by TM and propagated by his brother in law Mike Earnest. It was TM contention since JC killing that he killed his first wife and this was said to TM by Mr Fitzpatrick at his daughter’s wedding. As for Mr Fitzpatrick sworn affidavit I’m sure it counters TM case in both respects (1) that he did not attend MM-JC wedding and (2) the fact his daughter died from a medical cause which is documented by way of death certification which the Fitzpatrick’s have no issue with.

It doesn’t matter who influenced Mr Fitzpatrick, all that matters is he was of sound mind and he did this of his own volition to a registered public notary. Its value as a counter weight is supreme in the defense of the M contentions. If I was TM legal adviser with this out there I would advise him to keep away from it as it won’t go down well with the jury for him to be seen to be telling such a blatant offensive lie.

There is also the Bar rules (Irish) that of a “Lawyer cannot deliberately lie for client what he knows to be untrue”. Mr Fitzpatrick’s sworn affidavit give the lie to this and I’m sure the M legal council will be weighing this up not just for their client but their own professional integrity.

Did TM come to Ireland and approach the Fitzpatrick family after what they did to their grandchildren, little Jack and Sarah? I’m well sure the M knew only too well what the response would be if it stopped at just this. I’m sure TM wouldn’t go unscathed if he arrived at the Fitzpatrick’s door so brazen.

Did TM come to Ireland and approach the Fitzpatrick family after what they did to their grandchildren, little Jack and Sarah? I’m well sure the M knew only too well what the response would be if it stopped at just this. I’m sure TM wouldn’t go unscathed if he arrived at the Fitzpatrick’s door so brazen.
It has not even been permitted yet.
judge is to rule on it today.
With a lot of luck, tM wont be showing up at too many doors in the future .. well actually- its out there now..
The evidence.
Somehow, the decision feels less important..

US law and Irish law are worlds apart.

I want to hear TM on the stand,cross examined about this pervasive fear he had building...that his daughter was living with a murderer. I want him asked what exactly he did with this fear besides whip himself into a murderous frenzy?

Did he investigate?

Did he call the Fitzgeralds to get more information?

Did he research Murder by Asthma attack?

Did he hire a private investigator?

Did he use any of the many contacts and resources of the FBI?

An FBI man who doesn't check out a serious murder accusation against his daughter's groom? That's like a doctor who ignores a tumor growing out of his child's skull.

I want to hear TM on the stand,cross examined about this pervasive fear he had building...that his daughter was living with a murderer. I want him asked what exactly he did with this fear besides whip himself into a murderous frenzy?

Did he investigate?

Did he call the Fitzgeralds to get more information?

Did he research Murder by Asthma attack?

Did he hire a private investigator?

Did he use any of the many contacts and resources of the FBI?

An FBI man who doesn't check out a serious murder accusation against his daughter's groom? That's like a doctor who ignores a tumor growing out of his child's skull.

Wouldn't be any harm checking him out for degenerative brain disease either.. to say he was told at a wedding, his little girl's only wedding.. and then when MSM proved otherwise, his lawyers stated it was a 'legal clerical error'.. is that correct? Something like that.. What kind of a cleric would add weddings to his errata list?
Maybe he will plead insanity.

See this is Mr Fitzpatrick speaking from beyond the grave . I will never understand why people are falling for this false narrative. Why is it they believe the Martens are telling the truth and everyone else is lying . They are liars and only that it would tarnish the memory or Mr Fitzpatrick i would be happy for it to be admitted into evidence to show the jury exactly how low and evil they are

Ohh, I didn't realise the Mr Fitzpatrick made a full sworn statement prior to his death that he did not say any of the like to Mr Martens. If this is true, he and the family must have known what the Martens were planning. I was always that this was only brought up a few weeks ago, long after Mr Fitzpatrick s death and that he could not be called as a witness to refute. If there is a sworn statement from Mr Fitzpatrick, I kinda hope that their porkies are brought up so it can be totally refuted, even if beyond the grave. It can only go to show how the Martens are trying to manipulate the case and the jury.

Interesting words from the Judge yesterday, firstly his comment regarding the motion to dismiss the case made by the defence. He didn't just not allow the motion, he totally refused it saaying that there was substantial grounds for refusal.

Judge Lee ruled that, having carefully considered the matter and the legal arguments involved, said there was "substantial" grounds to deny the motions from both defendants.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-new...-murder-charges-against-martens-35998786.html

Additionally, on two occasions he refused testimony to be given on JC intention to return to Ireland and that he was feeling homesick. It wasn't just an afterthought, a general chit chat, he was specifically thinking about this at that time as Jack was about to be starting senior school. The Judge did not entirely refuse it, he said "not at this time". Which suggests that he is willing to bring it in where the prosecution is refuting the defence case.

Now I know that nothing whatsoever was mentioned about the evidence, if there was any, received following the search warrants. Such evidence imo would be used the counter the defence so would not be surprised if it does see the light of day. It all depends on what the defence say. I do have a feeling that they are going to base a large amount of their case on the medication that was in JC system, the medication that was actually prescribed to MM, and it's effect when mixed with alcohol. The same arguement if this is made could also apply to MM as she was drinking too. MM is to have a number of her friends testify, whether the judge allows them we can only but wait and see. I don't think MM will testify but I do think that TM will. He is experienced but this fact will not be unnoticed by the jury. I expect the prosecutions has a few more cards up their sleeves, but how they use them and when will be dependant on the case the defence lay down.

Good morning,
Please do not bring in discussion about parties who have not been brought up in court.. Also use initials whenever possible.
:tyou:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member