GUILTY NC - Jason Corbett, 39, murdered in his Wallburg home, 2 Aug 2015 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://imgweb.charlestoncounty.org/CMSOBView/Service1.asmx/StreamDocIDAsPDF?DocID=26725126

While its not murder Mr FBI signed a form saying the house wouldn't be rented .Page 17 I would say this is a legally binding document . However they go on to rent the house .
https://www.fredhollandrealty.com/vacation/all/detailpage/759/914-w-ashley
http://www.cityoffollybeach.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/registered-rentals-3-3-17.pdf p10

Did they take a new mortgage for the sale in 2014. One that would allow them to rent it out?

the only explanation is that they cleaned up before the authorities arrived, but what happened to their clothes ? did someone come and take them away??? I get more blood on my clothes when I shave than both of these people got on theirs after a sustained and brutal slaughter.

I think they were wearing underclothes/pyjamas and changed before EMS and LE arrived. The clothes that were examined were probably what they changed OUT of perhaps? All IMO.

I think they were wearing underclothes/pyjamas and changed before EMS and LE arrived. The clothes that were examined were probably what they changed OUT of perhaps? All IMO.

Sorry to post on my own post, but what I meant to add is that, if I am right, then they could not have called 911 when Jason 'went down'.

Sorry to post on my own post, but what I meant to add is that, if I am right, then they could not have called 911 when Jason 'went down'.

I agree, I've been thinking about this more and more. I don't actually think TM was requesting an ambulance when he dialled 911. I think he knew he was dead and was simply notifying authorities...if you listen to the wording of the call, 'We need help' not we need an ambulance, hence the disdain in his voice when he was actually asked to perform CPR, in his mind this matter was dealt with, it was now time for someone else to come along and clean up the mess.

I do wonder if Molly hadn't told them that they phoned 911 as soon as Jason 'went down' whether TM's arrogance would have prompted him to say, I had to kill him, it was self defense, but I then took the time to tend to my daughter before we dialled 911. If he had had the balls to run with that account, it would read better IMO.

I am sure you are all as saddened and disturbed as I am over the last few days hearing this experts testimony. We are talking about a living, breathing, beloved human being whose life was stolen by two self entitled maniacs and although I didn't know Jason or his family, I really feel deeply affected by what is coming out.

I believe Mom2 said picitures showed only one side of Jasons bed was slept in/used and the upstairs bedroom showed no signs of anyone sleeping there. MM clearly hadn't gone to bed. She was up possibly drinking, possibly not. I think when she went to bed she struck him with the brick, but not enough to incapacitate him. He tried to fight back and TM then came and joined in. I don't think this was premeditated but I dont think for one minute it was co incidental that TM and SM suddenly changed plans for that Saturday and decided to go to NC. That visit came about because of something sudden. I'd say row about adoption was brewing and once Jason said he was going to Ireland for dads birthday after fat shaming incident, she panicked as she knew he could stay at home and never return with the kids. Thats why Daddy came.

Also if they had turned him as per 911 call, they would have been covered in blood not just spatter. Look at what happened with paramedic who tried to move his head. They pretended to try and render assistance. They had to have changed their clothes.

Does anyone else think it strange that both MM and JC went to collect the kids at 11pm? If he had had a few beers and didn't want to drive, why did he need to go with her? Only thing I can think of is that she didn't know route, but in light of all else that follows it looks highly questionable.

I hope the prosecution has compelling evidence about him planning to move back to Ireland.

I think it's very odd that they picked the kids up at 11PM. I live in a neighboring state and no party for 8 and 10 year olds runs to 11 PM.Among our friends, it would be rude to appear at someone's house at that hour and say that you wanted the kids. I wonder if it wasn't supposed to be a sleepover party.

Jason was drinking in the afternoon while he did manual labor and cut the grass. But there was that bottle of rum on the kitchen table. I wonder if she was drunk and insisted that she was going to bring the kids home. Maybe Jason decided to drive because she was inebriated. Her brother had driven drunk with his children and no seat belts. Jason would be protective of his children. Otherwise, why would both go?

I think it's very odd that they picked the kids up at 11PM. I live in a neighboring state and no party for 8 and 10 year olds runs to 11 PM.Among our friends, it would be rude to appear at someone's house at that hour and say that you wanted the kids. I wonder if it wasn't supposed to be a sleepover party.

Jason was drinking in the afternoon while he did manual labor and cut the grass. But there was that bottle of rum on the kitchen table. I wonder if she was drunk and insisted that she was going to bring the kids home. Maybe Jason decided to drive because she was inebriated. Her brother had driven drunk with his children and no seat belts. Jason would be protective of his children. Otherwise, why would both go?

Agreed. We would never both go to collect kids. Its very unusual unless as I say she didn't know route. Or possibly she was getting difficult demanding the kids come home and he went too to try and persuade her to be reasonable and let them stay over.

But it seems clear from the photos of the house as reported by those in court, that she wasn't in bed and appears to be the only one up. If Jason was struck while in bed, it makes seems more likely to have been MM.

https://www.facebook.com/TheIrishMail/posts/1940423919548483

"...Stains found in the inside leg of Mr Martens boxers had to have travelled up from below to be on the inside.

...A pair of pyjama bottoms worn by Ms Martens which also show stains on the lower legs showed Mr Corbetts head was close to the floor when struck. ..."
Excellent find.

I was considering the concept of "duty to retreat" at law in NC because it varies greatly from state to state. This link is useful and gives a simple explanation:
https://www.robertslawteam.com/Crim...orth-Carolina-Can-You-Stand-Your-Ground.shtml

"...North Carolina Stand Your Ground law ( N.C.G.S. §14‑51.3)
[A] person is justified in the use of deadly force and does not have a duty to retreat in any place he or she has the lawful right to be if either of the following applies:
a) He or she reasonably believes that such force is necessary to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another.
b) Under the circumstances permitted pursuant to G.S. 14‑51.2, generally that you are in your home, workplace or car and are in fear for yours or another's life [Castle Doctrine]

There are exceptions to the use of deadly force in self defense against the following people:
  • Police officers or law enforcement
  • Bailbondsmen
  • A landlord or other person who also has a legal right to be in the place where you are
In addition, if the person has retreated or has stopped the threatening behavior, the use of deadly force may no longer be justified because the threat is no longer considered imminent. ...
...Self defense is an affirmative defense, meaning you admit that you attacked or caused harm to another person, but that you were justified in causing that harm to protect yourself or another. To succeed on a self defense claim,you must NOT:
  • Have been the aggressor
  • Have used unreasonable force
  • Have continued to pursue the other person after he or she retreated
  • Have had an intent to kill, but only to defend yourself or another ..."

IMO this testimony that they struck blows while JC was in the bed, that they struck blows while JC was falling down against the wall, that JC was struck while on the floor with the spatter going up both MM's pajama pants and the inside hem of TM's boxer shorts, and that they continued to strike JC after he was dead - ALL of this is indicative of unreasonable force and continued pursuit after JC was no threat to them, eg, failure of the affirmative defense of self-defense. I also do not believe that JC was the aggressor in the physical fight and I see no evidence of that. I wonder if they called for legal advice immediately to know they must claim JC was the aggressor, only claiming to defend self and another.

Excellent find.

I was considering the concept of "duty to retreat" at law in NC because it varies greatly from state to state. This link is useful and gives a simple explanation:
https://www.robertslawteam.com/Crim...orth-Carolina-Can-You-Stand-Your-Ground.shtml

[A] person is justified in the use of deadly force and does not have a duty to retreat in any place he or she has the lawful right to be if either of the following applies:
a) He or she reasonably believes that such force is necessary to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another.
b) Under the circumstances permitted pursuant to G.S. 14‑51.2, generally that you are in your home, workplace or car and are in fear for yours or another's life

There are exceptions to the use of deadly force in self defense against the following people:
  • Bailbondsmen
  • A landlord or other person who also has a legal right to be in the place where you are
In addition, if the person has retreated or has stopped the threatening behavior, the use of deadly force may no longer be justified because the threat is no longer considered imminent. ...
...Self defense is an affirmative defense, meaning you admit that you attacked or caused harm to another person, but that you were justified in causing that harm to protect yourself or another. To succeed on a self defense claim,you must not:

IMO this testimony that they struck blows while JC was in the bed, that they struck blows while JC was falling down against the wall, that JC was struck while on the floor with the spatter going up both MM's pajama pants and the inside hem of TM's boxer shorts, and that they continued to strike JC after he was dead - ALL of this is indicative of unreasonable force and continued pursuit after JC was no threat to them, eg, failure of the affirmative defense of self-defense.

Totally agree, really well put!

Excellent find.

b) Under the circumstances permitted pursuant to G.S. 14‑51.2, generally that you are in your home, workplace or car and are in fear for yours or another's life [Castle Doctrine]

• Bailbondsmen
...Self defense is an affirmative defense, meaning you admit that you attacked or caused harm to another person, but that you were justified in causing that harm to protect yourself or another. To succeed on a self defense claim,you must NOT:

IMO this testimony that they struck blows while JC was in the bed, that they struck blows while JC was falling down against the wall, that JC was struck while on the floor with the spatter going up both MM's pajama pants and the inside hem of TM's boxer shorts, and that they continued to strike JC after he was dead - ALL of this is indicative of unreasonable force and continued pursuit after JC was no threat to them, eg, failure of the affirmative defense of self-defense. I also do not believe that JC was the aggressor in the physical fight and I see no evidence of that. I wonder if they called for legal advice immediately to know they must claim JC was the aggressor, only claiming to defend self and another.

Excellent find! TM and MM definitely fail on three out if four and the fourth is just their story, not evidence.

I'm not sure I can link to this...but next Tuesday night the people of Limerick will gather for a mass and celebration of Jason's life. They will lift up the Corbett-Lynch family in prayer. This will be at 8pm their time. I certainly will take a moment to pray for justice for Jason.

I

This is what is happening Tuesday evening in limerick

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

https://www.facebook.com/TheIrishMail/posts/1940423919548483

Daily mail article a bit more detailed still waiting on confirmation of I can put ss of it up
main points

[FONT=&amp]Stephan thank you![/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]This might be out of sequence and if I missed that this has already been shared, I apologize. I am absolutely horrified to read “One blow may have been delivered to the back of the head when Mr Corbett was facing the wall.” Would have thought most if not all reports would have include this very incriminating evidence provided by the blood spatter expert. Horrific and inhumane if true.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Was Jason Corbett lying in bed when he suffered first blows to head?[/FONT]
The first blow suffered by Jason Corbett may have been delivered by his killers when he was in bed, the murder trial of Molly Martens has heard.

The witness also told the court that several ‘cast-off’ patterns had resulted from the ‘swinging of a bloody object’. One blow may have been delivered to the back of the head when Mr Corbett was facing the wall.

‘Jason and his friends who were going to be at the wedding were staying at his house. He said he was not very fond of Jason and his rowdy friends.’ She added that Mr Martens said that they were messy in the house and rude. He did not say anything about drinking.

http://evoke.ie/news/irish-news/jason-corbett-injuries-first-blow

Who could do this? What are these people?

After a man is down.

Could TM have come prepared with those jumpsuits that workers and crime scene investigators wear sometimes? Being in LE at one time, he would be familiar with those. He would be aware that showers drains are often checked for blood to see if someone showered...After the deed was done, SM disposed of them.(Wasn't there report that someone was seen leaving that night?) But then they realized that they needed some blood on clothes or story wouldn't jive, so they hit him a few more times :notgood: just to get some blood on them....

Jason's friend, the neighbour, saw the martens arrive. he possibly would have noticed if TM was wearing a red top? Its an unusual colour to sleep in.. not conducive to sleep at all.. just wondering..

I'm noticing a huge difference between the Irish and the American reporting . The daily mail I feel is doing the most In depth reporting . Catherine has been with this story from the start, she's covered everything and done a lot of research much more than the call of duty . She's kept it alive this past 2 years . I suppose you could say it's because it sells papers because it does but I do think she is genuinely interested and you can sense that in her articles , getting the details right matters to her but that's just my opinion.

I'm noticing a huge difference between the Irish and the American reporting . The daily mail I feel is doing the most In depth reporting . Catherine has been with this story from the start, she's covered everything and done a lot of research much more than the call of duty . She's kept it alive this past 2 years . I suppose you could say it's because it sells papers because it does but I do think she is genuinely interested and you can sense that in her articles , getting the details right matters to her but that's just my opinion.

I have a couple of theories re this..
there were a couple of horrible social media campaigns which had nothing to do with the corbetts.

It is possible that the appalling US coverage , to the point of being insulting may well have been orchestrated in retaliation. Its something to bear in mind.

I did some research earlier.. posted a couple of bits here.. still need to get through shareholders.. incomplete cos of brain-fry..

Justice and Truth mentioned the bed spatter had been mentioned earlier in blood spatter forensic discussion.

There is IMO no way it could have been missed by the journos, they witheld the information. There is no good reason for that.
First hint came from journal article posted by Harmony early this morning
Then Indo article came in, followed by dailymail, followed by Evoke.

All very low-key..
I'm almost too furious now to take it further. The players are big.. but it violates transparency laws.. and ethical journalism.. possibly bigotry here too.
All that work yesterday bringing those tweets here only to find out later we were being deceived.

Thats a story in itself that one of the bigger MSM may well be interested in pursuing..

I have no warm and fuzzy feelings for most journalists, though there are a few I respect massively, they're american, but working middle east.. I know their work has integrity..

She is taking care of her story.. but because of mail reputation, still need to check every word...

I cannot help but feel there must be daily court reports elsewhere.. worth a search?

Just got this.. not explored yet if anybody has any time or wants to? http://stenosearch.com/_connect/north_carolinaAG.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jayc