GUILTY NC - Jason Corbett, 39, murdered in his Wallburg home, 2 Aug 2015 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"All the evidence has shown all Tom Martens thinks about is raising a family, raising grandchildren and protecting them."

Yep and anybody that dares to get in the way of his family and what they want gets a baseball bat across their head.

Defense criticizes #JasonCorbett's drinking habits. His blood alcohol was .02 at his time of death. Defense says he burned off a lot.

Shocking

"He was more likely to have snapped? Why would Tom be the one to snap?" Defense charactizes Tom as calm. #CorbettTrial #JasonCorbett

everything I am copying in from Alex Rose twitter acc

Jurors watching intently and taking notes. Molly and Martens very focused on defense. #CorbettTrial #JasonCorbett @myfox8

"All Jason has to do is let go... We're not here saying #JasonCorbett is a bad person." Martens' defense. #CorbettTrial #JasonCorbett

Defense contends Jason was armed with a deadly weapon. Says his arms and hands count. #CorbettTrial #JasonCorbett

I don't agree - a blonde hair in Jason's hand doesn't indicate any violence or threat on his part. There was no evidence that Molly was suffering from having a huge chunk of hair yanked out of her head. The blonde hair could have fallen onto his open hand as she leaned over him to see if he was dead. Or it could have been naturally shed and on the floor where he fell. In contrast, you have the paving stone covered in Jason's hair and blood.

If the defense presented an independent witness to state that Jason was in the habit of getting angry for no reason, then I missed it and didn't see it mentioned here. Having your wife/ estranged wife and FIL in your room at 3am when you are naked would be a good enough reason to get angry at them and tell them to leave, IMO. There were three people with two weapons between them - neither of those weapons belonged naturally in the bedroom - and only one person was injured. Fatally injured.

I think the defence did the best they could with very little material to work with - all they can do is suggest reasonable doubt, but I didn't see they presented any factors that would conclude reasonable doubt.
They couldn't risk putting Molly on the stand, because it would be too difficult for her to stay consistent with TM's story, which already clashed with forensic evidence. And if she's so emotional about the mention of the children's natural mother, when she's just sitting in court, then she'd be really vulnerable to exposing her motives if she was on the stand - she'd want to insist that she was the children's true mother and that she was entitled to the lifestyle JC could offer without the annoying detail of JC's presence.

Exactly my thoughts! Putting Molly on the stand would have been a train wreck. Jurors usually take their jobs seriously, and notice these things. If she was so innocent, and was in fear of her life, she would have taken the stand to explain. This decision was difficult for the defense. Putting her on the stand = disaster. Not putting her on the stand = guilt.

IMHO

Yes he can just killed a man but got annoyed with the cops cause they wouldn't put the window up for him. Real Calm

"All Jason has to do is let go... We're not here saying #JasonCorbett is a bad person." Martens' defense. #CorbettTrial #JasonCorbett

Defense contends Jason was armed with a deadly weapon. Says his arms and hands count. #CorbettTrial #JasonCorbett

Did I miss the bit where he was still choking her when he was dead on the floor and they were still hitting him

Defense says of Tom tried to reason with #JasonCorbett, it would be "Tom and Molly's pictures you would be looking at for past 2 weeks."

"Jason never ever stopped being the aggressor in this situation," Martens defense. #CorbettTrial #JasonCorbett

Right I'm away to do some work as I am about to get cross and I am at work and can't show that I am following this

Did I miss the bit where he was still choking her when he was dead on the floor and they were still hitting him

Welcome IrishKathy! I am glad you decided to join the discussion. You make some excellent points.

It seems like Daddy <modsnip> could have just hit Jason in the family jewels area and that would have brought him down fast. No need to have his skull in pieces in the room. Even if Jason was choking the <modsnip>, I think one whack with the bat in that area would have had Jason dropping his non existent grip on Molly's neck.

[video=twitter;894932607695298561]https://twitter.com/AlexRoseNews/status/894932607695298561[/video]

[FONT=&amp]Defense argues state has failed to show element of malice. Molly and Tom could still be convicted of voluntary manslaughter (no malice)
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
Defense comes back to "smoking vacuum cleaner" calling states logic ridiculous that Tom and Molly "staged" crime scene.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]

Defense criticizes 911 operator for not instructing them to use CPR fast enough.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"We don't know what we don't know," defense on reasonable doubt w/ how case handled. "Mistakes are made and people's lives are on the line."[/FONT]

Defense criticizes 911 operator for not instructing them to use CPR fast enough.

Maybe because she wasn't told how seriously injured he was and also maybe both being familiar one certified they should have known to start CPR.

[FONT=&amp]"End this nightmare for Thomas Martens, find them not guilty." Defense rests its argument. Ten minute break. [/FONT]#CorbettTrial#JasonCorbett
[FONT=&amp]

[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]https://twitter.com/LexDispatchBC/status/894935837980467200

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Martens' lawyers spent the past 1.5 hrs giving closing arguments, prosecution's rebuttal will come up after a 10 min recess[/FONT]

Maybe because she wasn't told how seriously injured he was and also maybe both being familiar one certified they should have known to start CPR.

Not to mention, in all probability, he was already deceased!

IMHO

Does anyone know if found guilty, they will move straight into sentencing? My hope is the prosecution will bring in the appalling behavior afterwards (trying to cremate, greed grab, social media campaign, etc) as I've not seen much if any of that brought up so far. #justiceforjason

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

No, they will set a date for sentencing thus giving time for:

the defense trime to prepare arguments for a light sentence and gather character wittnesses,

the prosecution to prepare arguments for a heavy sentence and gather victim impact statements and

the department of correction to make assessments and make a sentencing recommendation.

I also have a few thought rattling around in my head I would like to share:

Hair - The defense has made numerous references to a strand of hair in JC's hand. Inferring that it is an indicator of DV. Others on this board and elsewhere have mentioned the possibility that it could have fallen into his and or stuck to his hand from the floor. I personally am surprised that the prosecution has not countered the "lost" hair as JC's last attempt to communicate and point a finger at his killer. IMO

Fingernails - The defense has repeatedly referenced the fact that no scrapings were taken, tested and preserved for the fingernails of the three. WHY? We know all of the players involved and know at some point they all made some sort of contact. We are not looking for an unidentified co-conspirator and no one is denying involvement. All that we could learn from testing those scrapings is already facts in evidence. IMO

Will - The defense MM's defense entered JC's 2007 will into evidence. It was written before he had even hired MM as a nanny, Probative value none IMO
http://www.herald.ie/news/jason-kil...-and-his-kids-murder-trial-told-36009523.html

Defense wounds - I may have overlooked it but I have not seen where it was presented to the jury that the did not appeared to be any injuries showing that MM made any attempt to defend herself and JC during the alleged "choking" incident. According to the autopsy report ther were no scratches or bites to the right arm he supposedly used to place her in a "choke hold". Neither were there any signs of bruising on the tops of JC's feet or genitalia. I have an ex-husband who used choking as his go tool of communicating his displeasure, so I can say first handed that when being choked and you are "face to face" with your tormentor you have two automatic reflexes.
1) Stomping your heel into the top of his foot or
2) a knee or foot between his legs.
Both can be very effective in loosening the grip.

When the tormentor is choking you from behind or with the "choke hold"
1) the heel to top of foot or
2) deep hard scratching to the "choke hold" arm
3) a hand full of genitalia with a good hard twist.
https://bloximages.newyork1.vip.tow...-5d24-a2ed-e651f4d8e6fd/56907dd1da036.pdf.pdf

Yet nothing in the autopsy indicates any of these thing occurred.

My my last thought for the moment. I finally saw some on post a thought that I just couldn't get past. On Stephandoody's post from the trial witness:

1) Pointing out that Mr Martens was the aggressor by coming upstairs with the bat and barging into the room

A closed bedroom door is the legal equivalent of a fence or no trespassing sign. By TM opening the door and entering with a weapon that make him the aggressor. The aggressor can not declare self defense. I also have not seen anywhere that I can recall than any threat was made to TM verbal or otherwise. I find that odd

Thanks for letting me empty my head.

[FONT=&]"End this nightmare for Thomas Martens, find them not guilty." Defense rests its argument. Ten minute break. [/FONT]#CorbettTrial#JasonCorbett
[FONT=&]

[/FONT]
[FONT=&]https://twitter.com/LexDispatchBC/status/894935837980467200

[/FONT]
[FONT="]Martens' lawyers spent the past 1.5 hrs giving closing arguments, prosecution's rebuttal will come up after a 10 min recess[/FONT]

So, Tom is the victim here?

:gaah:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members