GUILTY NC - Jerome, 73, & Dora Faulkner, 62, murdered, Granville County, 1 Jan 2015

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thank God.I don't have any sympathy for this man.He is not a child and could have left his father and not been involved in this.I'm so tired of people making excuses for killers.

Campbell sentencing phase to begin; faces death penalty

http://wvmetronews.com/2017/09/10/campbell-sentencing-phase-to-begin-faces-death-penalty/

The sentencing phase for a Texas man convicted of killing a North Carolina couple is set to begin Monday morning.

<snipped>

The sentencing phase was put on hold for the last few weeks to allow travel time for witness impacted by Hurricane Harvey. Since Campbell is from Texas, his attorney indicated his family and friends would travel from Texas to North Carolina to testify.

Thank God.I don't have any sympathy for this man.He is not a child and could have left his father and not been involved in this.I'm so tired of people making excuses for killers.

I live in an adjacent county to where this occurred, so it really touched me. The brutality was obscene. One thing that stood out to me, was that this defendant and his older brother, went out of their way to enable the father to bond out of jail, when he was awaiting trial on assault for other matters. This was not necessary. If they feared him so, why get him out of jail? They knew he was a danger. The older brother refused to even admit how bizarre that was. IMO, it enabled the father to go on the crime spree and I believe that this defendant was aware that is what was going to happen and that he participated willingly.

I am curious as to whether they will impose the death penalty. Wake County has not been able to get a death penalty in many years. I'm not sure why. Regardless, of the circumstances, they just can't seem to get one. I anticipate the defense will present compelling reasons that he should be sentenced to life.

Friends seek to spare life of man who killed Granville couple

Oxford, N.C. &#8212; Friends on Monday described a Texas man facing a possible death sentence for robbing and killing a Granville County couple almost three years ago as generous and kind-hearted.
Prosecutors chose not to present any evidence during the sentencing portion the capital trial, so jurors will hear evidence only from the defense in the coming days in a bid to spare his life.
http://www.wral.com/friends-seek-to...email&utm_campaign=newsletter&utm_source=wral

Texas man gets life sentence for robbing, killing Granville couple
Posted 3:19 p.m. today
Updated 38 minutes ago

Oxford, N.C. &#8212; A Granville County jury on Wednesday spared the life of a Texas man who robbed and killed a local couple almost three years ago.Jurors deliberated about two hours before unanimously deciding to recommend a sentence of life in prison without parole for Eric Alexander Campbell.

http://www.wral.com/texas-man-gets-life-sentence-for-robbing-killing-granville-couple/16945478/

http://www.wral.com/texas-man-gets-life-sentence-for-robbing-killing-granville-couple/16945478/

Juror Isaiah C. said after the sentencing that a death sentence would have been too harsh.

"He’s stuck either way in there [prison]. So, if he has a longer imprisonment, he can do some kind of good in there," Isaiah said, "or people can go ahead and make his life hell in there."

"You're from Texas, and if this had been committed in Texas, you'd have been tried, convicted and executed," Superior Court Judge Henry Hight said. "You need to thank God and this jury and the fact that you're in North Carolina that your life has been spared."

The Faulkner family declined to make a statement in court, but they said later that they feel justice was served.

"The Faulkner children and their families, they need this closure and the time to grieve and to move on and to remember the wonderful folks that their parents were," Granville County Assistant District Attorney Allison Capps said. "This is a tough case. It’s a tough case all the way around."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Merythe
Back