Found Deceased NC - Joseph, 45, & Cristie Codd, 38, Leicester, 12 March 2015 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The Buncombe County Medical Examiner, Dr. Sharon Sweede, released a statement Wednesday, saying, "The Sheriff's Department has collected the remains suspected to be the two missing persons but that has not been confirmed yet. There has not been a positive identification of the remains. The process has started and is ongoing, but I can't say how long it will take."
http://www.wlos.com/news/features/t...s-national-attention-20160.shtml#.VQoZo9I5ODh

She was in Mona Lisa Smiles... I love that movie :(

I think we knew that was probably them in the fire pit. But it's just heartbreaking and scary. To think you hire someone and they kill you. I'm trying to figure out what was this guys motive.

I have heard strictly hearsay that he went to collect money and demanded more. But I wonder if it's not more to it then that. The word jealousy continues to pop into my head. I do honestly wonder if he wasn't jealous of CSC and JTC. Leicester (oh and to give you the answer on how to say it and be believed you are local-it's pronounced Lester) anyway is a small rural farming town of a little over 12K residents, after 2000 the population had a big increase I think because of transplant couples like the Codd's who wanted to farm, but weren't Leicester born. It's about 18.3 % that fall below poverty. Anyway I'm rambling now...my point is beautiful, flashy (to them-not me) young vibrant Hollywood couple waltz in and buys a 27 acre farm and has the money and resources to build their dream all while jettsetting all over the globe, might not of sat well with JO watching from his mobile home while their life got better he still had to slave for a dollar to make ends meet. IDK JUST MY THOUGHTS AND JMO.
Drugs have also crossed my mind as a motive meaning JO needed money for them-but idk?

I think we knew that was probably them in the fire pit. But it's just heartbreaking and scary. To think you hire someone and they kill you. I'm trying to figure out what was this guys motive.

Agree. He knew they were out of town all the time and he could have broken in when they weren't there to steal from them.

I have heard strictly hearsay that he went to collect money and demanded more. But I wonder if it's not more to it then that. The word jealousy continues to pop into my head. I do honestly wonder if he wasn't jealous of CSC and JTC. Leicester (oh and to give you the answer on how to say it and be believed you are local-it's pronounced Lester) anyway is a small rural farming town of a little over 12K residents, after 2000 the population had a big increase I think because of transplant couples like the Codd's who wanted to farm, but weren't Leicester born. It's about 18.3 % that fall below poverty. Anyway I'm rambling now...my point is beautiful, flashy (to them-not me) young vibrant Hollywood couple waltz in and buys a 27 acre farm and has the money and resources to build their dream all while jettsetting all over the globe, might not of sat well with JO watching from his mobile home while their life got better he still had to slave for a dollar to make ends meet. IDK JUST MY THOUGHTS AND JMO.
Drugs have also crossed my mind as a motive meaning JO needed money for them-but idk?
Thanks for the pronunciation! We have a "Lester" spelled Leicester in Vermont as well.

The remains of two people have been discovered in the search for a missing former Food Network contestant and her husband, a medical examiner confirms to 48 Hours' Crimesider.

It's not clear whether the remains are those of Cristie Codd and her husband Joseph "JT" Codd, of Leicester, North Carolina. Dr. Sharon Sweede, a Buncombe County medical examiner, said the remains have not yet been identified.

"They haven't found anything that would easily ID them," Sweede told Crimesider. "We're not finished."

Sweede said she couldn't comment on what state the remains were in or where they were found. She said the cause of death wasn't finalized, though there are "pretty clear suspicions" about how the two died.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/remains-found-in-search-for-food-network-contestant-husband/

Which *might* offer insights into the reason Zebb Quinn was never found. A story that has been on my mind all of these years.

Bodies Recovered in Search for Missing Food Network Star Contestant and Husband Believed Murdered
cristie-schoen-800.jpg

http://www.people.com/article/bodies-found-food-network-star-cristie-schoen-codd

Which *might* offer insights into the reason Zebb Quinn was never found. A story that has been on my mind all of these years.

I of course have thought the same thing but after this crime and the speed that it progressed to arresting-he seems pretty dumb to me (JMO) burning bodies in your front yard, for neighbors to see? And trust me neighbors may not be as close in vicinity as a subdivision but these neighbors know your business. I just can't wrap my mind around him committing a crime and getting away with it for 15 years. Even though I lived in WNC back in 2000-i don't recall the case at all. I kept thinking it happened when I had moved to California and that is why I didn't remember-but Nope it was Jan 2000 so I lived about an hour away. So I am still learning all about the Zebb case-but I just can't see him as a criminal mastermind that got a away with it. Time will tell hopefully if he guilty he will try to use it as a bargaining chip to save his life. Idk?

It also looks like there has been some friend housecleaning on Facebook. Hmmm

Has there been any more info on the bodies found in the cabin in Weaverville? Do we know it's not them?

I of course have thought the same thing but after this crime and the speed that it progressed to arresting-he seems pretty dumb to me (JMO) burning bodies in your front yard, for neighbors to see? And trust me neighbors may not be as close in vicinity as a subdivision but these neighbors know your business. I just can't wrap my mind around him committing a crime and getting away with it for 15 years. Even though I lived in WNC back in 2000-i don't recall the case at all. I kept thinking it happened when I had moved to California and that is why I didn't remember-but Nope it was Jan 2000 so I lived about an hour away. So I am still learning all about the Zebb case-but I just can't see him as a criminal mastermind that got a away with it. Time will tell hopefully if he guilty he will try to use it as a bargaining chip to save his life. Idk?

I do have to wonder if getting away with Zebb's disappearance made him cocky and sloppy. If he did, indeed kill Zebb, I believe that there are probably more victims we don't know about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BREAKING: House Fire on Owens Cove Road

The house is on the same road as the home of Robert Jason Owens, the man accused of killing Cristie and J.T. Codd, and their unborn child.

It's unclear if the fire is at his home or may be related to the case

http://www.wlos.com/news/features/top-stories/stories/breaking-house-fire-owens-cove-road-20187.shtml?app_data={%22pi%22%3A%22550bc00b1dbff1c726000011%22%2C%22pt%22%3A%22wall%22}#.VQvYYeEVDcu

News conference scheduled for 2PM EST today. An arson investigator has been called to the scene but it's not clear which property was on fire, according to WLOS.

Home Of Suspect In Buncombe Co. Murders Burned Down Opposing news stories, read further.

Posted: Mar 20, 2015 5:56 AM EDTUpdated: Mar 20, 2015 6:59 AM EDT

BUNCOMBE COUNTY, N.C. -Fire crews responded to a house fire in Buncombe County, Friday.

Crews say the fire happened at 8 Owens Cove Road around 2 a.m. in Leicester, Friday.

An arson investigator has been called in to investigate and the home is a complete loss, according to fire officials.This is the same address of Robert Jason Owens, who is the murder suspect in the case of the missing couple in Leicester, according to an arrest warrant. .

Hmmmmmm, whats up, this case just got more strange.

http://www.wspa.com/story/28569653/leicester-house-fire-on-same-road-as-murder-suspects-home

WLOS reporting it was not his home. Two opposing news stories.

BUNCOMBE COUNTY, N.C. -- Investigators are on the scene of an early morning house fire on Owens Cove Road in the Leicester community.

Neighbors called in the fire around 2am Friday morning.

The house is on the same road as the home of Robert Jason Owens, the man accused of killing Cristie and J.T. Codd, and their unborn child.

Buncombe County Deputy Fire Marshal Terry Gentry says the fire was not at Owens' home.

Gentry says the house is a single-family home. They are working to determine whether anyone was in the house at the time and what the address of the house is.

We'll continue to update this story throughout the day as details emerge.

http://www.wlos.com/news/features/t...fire-owens-cove-road-20187.shtml#.VQwC1S58kVc

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hernak
Back