NC NC - Kaedian Allen, 19, missing after the driver of the car he was in fled from police, Winston-Salem, 31 May 2024

I'd like to know what traffic violations the driver committed. LE is being very vague. There was apparently no crime committed by the driver other than the alleged traffic violations and fleeing, and no outstanding warrants that we know of. I realize fleeing from LE is dangerous to other drivers on the road and not commendable behavior, but I will be sad if we find that this young man has died because he and his friend were afraid of law enforcement. Especially if the traffic violations were minor. I could be completely off base-obviously lots of info is missing, but I find LE tends to be tight lipped when officers make a mistake or show poor judgment. Entirely my speculation.
It was a gang/ illegal guns unit that suspected the driver. It was the drivers choice to flee and it was not at high speeds as they lost the car. A gang unit investigation is not following anyone because of minor traffic violations.
These officers were doing their job and have not been accused of any violations.

It seems you are trying to find a way to blame LE on this and any actions these 2 men took are their own responsibility.
This is my opinion based on all I have read and seen reported in this case.

It was a gang/ illegal guns unit that suspected the driver. It was the drivers choice to flee and it was not at high speeds as they lost the car. A gang unit investigation is not following anyone because of minor traffic violations.
These officers were doing their job and have not been accused of any violations.

It seems you are trying to find a way to blame LE on this and any actions these 2 men took are their own responsibility.
This is my opinion based on all I have read and seen reported in this case.
Have you seen body cam footage of the officers involved? You seem very sure of their innocence, “cuffem”. Curious as to why.

Have you seen body cam footage of the officers involved? You seem very sure of their innocence, “cuffem”. Curious as to why.
These officers are not accused of anything, they are not under investigation. Of course I have not seen footage because this is still an active investigation. There are laws that citizens should obey and fleeing from a traffic stop is one.
I am not sure why you use my name in quotes and your tone towards me.
Did you not read that the post was based on my opinion from what I read and had seen reported.

This is not the thread for anti police. It is still early in the investigation and of course LE is not going to release anything.
We are discussing a missing man and not going after police with no basis.

Kaedian Tyshaun Allen, 19, has been missing since May 31. He disappeared after Winston-Salem officers tried to stop a vehicle for traffic violations. Police have emphasized that Allen is not wanted in a criminal investigation.

On Tuesday, officers announced that they now have access to new resources and technology thanks to the department’s federal and local partners which may aid in Wednesday’s search.

The police department will be working with Winston-Salem Fire Department, High Point Fire Department, the N.C. State Bureau of Investigation, Federal Bureau of Investigation, Forsyth County Sheriff’s Office and Winston-Salem/Forsyth County Emergency Management.

If he is in the quarry, I wonder if his jacket kept him pinned to the bottom? He either fell in or jumped in to hide.
I was really hoping he was hiding in another county or state but they must have a reason to believe he is in there.
This is a terrible accident if so. MOO.

Last edited:

On Tuesday, officers announced that they now have access to new resources and technology thanks to the department’s federal and local partners which may aid in Wednesday’s search.

As of Tuesday, “Rock Out the Quarry,” a large community event scheduled to take place from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m. on Friday at Quarry Park, is expected to go on as planned and will not be impacted by Thursday’s closure or the search.

So is there confirmation that he was in the vehicle? Is it possible he was dropped off in between the police chase?
There is only so many places to hide when you run from police, at least in the quarry.
Sadly, at times friends can do things, have stuff in their possession, that could result in you(not you personally) getting caught up in the nonsense and instinct says to run. There is a lot of mistrust between police and general public. It is what it is, regardless of what you maybe think or believe.

On Wednesday, Winston-Salem police closed The Quarry at Grant Park as investigators continue to search for a missing teenager, and multiple officials involved in different aspects of the search spoke to provide insight into the kinds of tools used in the search.

“As we take all missing persons cases extremely serious, it’s important to note this case in particular is unique in the sense that the last known location of Mr. Allen was at the quarry,” Winston-Salem Police Chief William Penn said.

Penn said the the city has an average of about 30 missing persons cases a month, and, “overwhelmingly,” a majority are on land, placing this case among outliers.

Penn said the city uses grid search tactics, community canvassing and camera footage to search for missing persons.

The Winston-Salem Fire Department water rescue team can help by getting boats in the water.

The High Point Fire Department has a dive team, which is used as a last resort to avoid putting divers in any danger, according to HPFD Asst. Chief Michael Foster. Officials did not disclose if divers are involved in this case but did say that typically divers are involved in searches spanning multiple days.

The search teams also have access to drones equipped with thermal technology, sonar-equipped devices such as the Marine Sonic towfish and a Deep Trekker underwater remotely operated vehicle which includes sonar and a 4K camera.

The police department is working with Winston-Salem Fire Department, High Point Fire Department, the N.C. State Bureau of Investigation, Federal Bureau of Investigation, Forsyth County Sheriff’s Office and Winston-Salem/Forsyth County Emergency Management.

At this point, police say they do not suspect foul play.

As of Tuesday, “Rock Out the Quarry,” a large community event scheduled to take place from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m. on Friday at Quarry at Grant Park, is expected to go on as planned and will not be impacted by Thursday’s closure or the search.

So is there confirmation that he was in the vehicle? Is it possible he was dropped off in between the police chase?
There is only so many places to hide when you run from police, at least in the quarry.
Sadly, at times friends can do things, have stuff in their possession, that could result in you(not you personally) getting caught up in the nonsense and instinct says to run. There is a lot of mistrust between police and general public. It is what it is, regardless of what you maybe think or believe.
Yes, I believe it may have been the driver after he left the vehicle at the park and ran. But I am not sure on that, I read that the police got a tip the car was at the quarry. Police caught up to the car 20 minutes after initial attempted stop but police lost them.
When he did not return home family called and probably then police asked driver after he was taken in custody.
Sorry I wrote this backwards and some from articles/ local news and some my speculation.

I have never been to this park and not sure if it is open or has lighting at night. Not sure if it is possible to be running and fall in or jump in to hide. I doubt he would jump in with a jacket and wearing slides. I am sure the driver is concerned for his friend also and helping LE otherwise I doubt he would help if he thought Kaedian got away and is hiding out.
I doubt this young man would put his family through this if he were ok because he is not wanted for this attempted gang unit stop. I wonder if he was familiar with Quarry Park?

I was not sure if your post was directed at me?. The police did not even catch up to them. They dumped the car at the park and got a tip it was at the park. Then got a tip where driver was and arrested him. Police had no idea where he was at the time and now.
Is anyone reading these articles or watching the local news? LE from 3 cities here are all working together to find this man for his family. No one chased him, he ran on his own.

There are other deserving police bashing threads but there is no basis for it here.
Let's concentrate on where this young man could be please.

I was not sure if your post was directed at me?. The police did not even catch up to them. They dumped the car at the park and got a tip it was at the park. Then got a tip where driver was and arrested him. Police had no idea where he was at the time and now.
Is anyone reading these articles or watching the local news? LE from 3 cities here are all working together to find this man for his family. No one chased him, he ran on his own.

There are other deserving police bashing threads but there is no basis for it here.
Let's concentrate on where this young man could be please.
No, my post was not directed at you. Sorry if you thought it was.
Ijust thinking out loud if the only confirmation of him being in the quarry was from his friend. It has been 26 days. Where else could he be. Sadly I don't think he is alive.

I think that he's either in the water or possibly fell, got injured and passed away. It just has been too long. Unless he's hiding out somewhere. However, like you said he wouldn't have made himself known by now. Save the worry and anguish to the family.

This was tonights 11 pm news.
Quarry Park closed Thursday, still searching. There is supposed to be a festival on Friday at the Park.

Crews have closed Quarry Park to the public at least three times to search for Kaedian Allen.

For water searches they use sonar technology and remote operated vehicle to try and find points of interest. An ROV can even run a line to those points to which then divers who are used as a last resort can access.

The search will continue, and the park will remain closed until further notice. Police said Rock the Quarry event will not be affected unless new information is found in the investigation.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
soraxtm
Back