NC NC - Karen Bosta, 39, Edenton, 31 May 2015 *guilty*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I just did a search and I was also on the Charley Project. The Charley Project mentioned a suspect, something I had not heard before. I came here and was surprised to find it has been making the news. I'm glad to see LE has a possible suspect.

From the original article posted here, this is interesting....and doesn’t sound good:

According to investigators, Bosta knew White, who has a long criminal conviction record. In the 1990s he served time for breaking and entering. He was convicted a decade later of financial card fraud, fraud of special identification and violation of vital records laws, according to the N.C. Department of Public Safety.
White's statements to police about how he came into possession of Murin’s credit card changed over the course of the investigation into Bosta’s disappearance, authorities have said. He first told deputies he found the card in his girlfriend's car. He later said he found it on the front porch of his mother's house, according to detective interview notes provided by a source close to the investigation.

http://www.dailyadvance.com/News/2017/10/25/Man-charged-with-using.html

From the original article posted here, this is interesting....and doesn’t sound good:

According to investigators, Bosta knew White, who has a long criminal conviction record. In the 1990s he served time for breaking and entering. He was convicted a decade later of financial card fraud, fraud of special identification and violation of vital records laws, according to the N.C. Department of Public Safety.
White's statements to police about how he came into possession of Murin’s credit card changed over the course of the investigation into Bosta’s disappearance, authorities have said. He first told deputies he found the card in his girlfriend's car. He later said he found it on the front porch of his mother's house, according to detective interview notes provided by a source close to the investigation.

http://www.dailyadvance.com/News/2017/10/25/Man-charged-with-using.html

Throughout this entire case, there has been no mention of a boyfriend or other relationship. I don't remember how long she was in NC with her mother since she left a teaching position in NJ. It seems LE knew more than they were releasing. Per this article, the Walgreens drugstore was NOT the last place she was actually seen.

http://wavy.com/2017/09/14/nc-offering-reward-for-information-in-womans-disappearance-in-edenton/

I certainly hope they got enough evidence from her car, because it has since been sold.

[h=1]Human Skull Found In NC A Mystery As Investigators Wait For DNA Results[/h]
HERTFORD, N.C. (WVEC) — Police said a resident found a human skull near a housing development center on Saturday in Perquimans County.

Perquimans County Sheriff said they haven’t identified the skull yet, but a possibility could be one of the two boaters who disappeared in the water close to where the skull was found.

Sheriff White also suggested it could also be Kelvin Singleton who escaped from law enforcement in 2017. His body was later found headless in Bertie County.
Four Virginia Beach residents found the skull along Albemarle Sound on Saturday morning.
http://www.wfmynews2.com/news/local...-investigators-wait-for-dna-results/513416334

Karen isn't mentioned in the above article but thought I would post here since this is really close to Edenton: https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Her...8901de0f3889a26!2m2!1d-76.6077213!2d36.057938

With such a small LE dept in this small town and very little media coverage I was concerned we wouldn't have an arrest. Pleasantly surprised and glad to see some progress.

Perquimans County mother seeks justice after daughter’s disappearance nearly three years ago

It's a cold case to law enforcement, but still warm and dear to Murin. There's been many missed birthdays, family outings and now another Memorial Day without Bosta.

"She's in my memory, I see her all the time, in front of me and smiling. I don't know what in the world could've happened," said Murin.

Police said Bosta was last seen on surveillance video in a Food Lion store buying cigarettes on May 30, 2015.

Thomas Edward White Sr., 62, was arrested October 2017. He's accused of using the credit card Bosta used the day after she went missing.

It seems like a good guess this guy, White, has a LOT to do with Karen's disappearance. At the very least, if he didn't do something to her then he probably knows who did.

Thank you for updating this as this case progresses. Not nearly enough justice was served yesterday although he got the max charge and then some for the credit card charges. Please follow the missing Karen Rae Bosta page on FB and share her face.

Link to FB Missing Page: Missing Karen Rae Bosta

I'm hoping they put some major pressure on this guy, White. Put a CI in that jail cell with him on the weekends and see if they can form a relationship.

If she could only be found, and her family had a chance to give her a proper burial! Thinking of you, Karen and family!

This happened not that far from me. I've been to Edenton a few times. We're coming up on the 5 year mark so I hope there is an arrest soon.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lisa0457
Back