NC - Kathy Taft, 62, Raleigh, 6 March 2010 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahh, consider the cops checked male neighbors for their DNA 2 weeks later...about the time the results would have come back.

JTF, the obvious thing would be to look at males. However, they asked for those samples more than likely just to see who would not agree to give them one. I can guarantee you they did not run everyone of those samples. The costs associated with that would have been astronomical. Just b/c they asked for male DNA does not necessarily mean they had something to compare it against.

That is why I was asking if it had been specifically reported that they did have unidentified male DNA from the rape kit.

The discussion on this board reminds me so much of the Michelle Young case where her sister found her and called 911.
Pray you never are put in a position to find a loved one dead or clinging to life from a crime and you have to call 911. I feel sorry for D and her family.
Internet boards still casting suspicion on her when there is an obvious male perpetrator is beyond me.

JTF, the obvious thing would be to look at males. However, they asked for those samples more than likely just to see who would not agree to give them one. I can guarantee you they did not run everyone of those samples. The costs associated with that would have been astronomical. Just b/c they asked for male DNA does not necessarily mean they had something to compare it against.

That is why I was asking if it had been specifically reported that they did have unidentified male DNA from the rape kit.

DNA is sex specific....they are looking for a male for a reason.
I too am sure they did not run all the male neighbors DNA.
However, those that refused will be looked at closely as a possible suspect.

Are we sure that D did not bring a man home with her?

Also any hair on K could have been from doctor, or anyone handling her at hospital...I guess we do not know if semen was found? or saliva or other DNA?

I disagree. The sister did not seem that upset to me. For someone staring down at someone with blood everywhere and foaming at the mouth she seemed a bit to relaxed. Also they way she was counting out her breathing made it sound as if Kathy was panting. If you saw you sister in that situation wouldn't a natural reaction be to somehow want to help her not just stand over her looking at her???

Exactly. If she breathed everytime D said she did, she was breathing very fast, like panting.

Are we sure that D did not bring a man home with her?

Also any hair on K could have been from doctor, or anyone handling her at hospital...I guess we do not know if semen was found? or saliva or other DNA?

When the 911 operator asked D about whether the snoring was the same as before, I think D said, "We went upstairs about three.". So maybe someone else was there that night.

I knew hearing 911 call would ignite controversy! They always do...eveyone hears something different in the tone of the caller...

When the 911 operator asked D about whether the snoring was the same as before, I think D said, "We went upstairs about three.". So maybe someone else was there that night.

diphi, I heard "I finally went upstairs about three"

I knew hearing 911 call would ignite controversy! They always do...eveyone hears something different in the tone of the caller...

Absolutely spot on.
Listen to this one....Meredith Fisher just found her sister beaten to death with blood everywhere. Her demeanor was very strange to many.
Of course, she was 100% innocent.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/audio/1119462/

Absolutely spot on.
Listen to this one....Meredith Fisher just found her sister beaten to death with blood everywhere. Her demeanor was very strange to many.
Of course, she was 100% innocent.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/audio/1119462/

She sounded very different than Kathy's sister. She sounded like someone that was trying to keep it together in front of a child.

The male voice is the EMT

No, the male voice is not the EMT. They had not arrived at the home yet, and this is before D had unlocked the door to let them in. And, you can still be panicky and freaked out even if you had something to do with a crime when you actually see what damage had been done. I am not saying that D did or didn't do it- did or didn't have knowledge of the crime or who did. I'm just saying, people can be very convincing and can still have emotions and feelings of despair and horror even if they have done something terrible. There are still parts of her story that seriously don't add up. I named some of them in another post. And just bc KT was raped, doesn't mean that maybe D wasn't in on it with someone or didn't have knowledge of someone who did do it. Perhaps someone who came home with her that night? who knows. JMO.

Thanks for that salvarenga
Now it makes perfect sense.
If I knew that before (it was reported 11:42 AM as the first call), I would never have gone so deep on D. Going in to check on her so late was the main reason I thought her story was odd.

Exactly. If she breathed everytime D said she did, she was breathing very fast, like panting.

Just a note about that....people in a critical state sometimes have a very rapid respiratory rate. it is the body trying to compensate for not getting a good deep breath. It is a critical finding, just as an overly slow respiratory rate would be. It can sometimes also be found in people who have suffered head trauma. If she was not breathing satisfactorily then the 911 technician would have guided D through rescue breathing. A shallow, rapid breath is just as ineffective as a slow deep breath.

I'm trying to ignore the tone of the call and just look at the facts. Regardless or what you believe happened, it's just heartbreaking.

No, the male voice is not the EMT. They had not arrived at the home yet, and this is before D had unlocked the door to let them in. JMO.

Huh?

The male voice is the fireman after she unlocked the door.(that is what I was talking about)
Any other 'chatter' before then was interference.

Just wondering how the RPD Chief could have seemed so sure ....but he knows his men and women. i am sure the case will be solved, however the public does need to know that there is a monster, a true nutcase out there who needs to be locked up. i am still wondering if the blow to the head was (1) to prevent alarming the sister or (2) to prevent identification of someone known to her. Do you think that someone who does this does it only one time? Or had he done it before? All these people lives, now forever altered. ... for one animalistic urge. He needs to be taken out of the population.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025