Found Safe NC - Kealy Merritt, 14, Dunn, 20 Dec 2020 *Endangered, bike found near woods*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I am now a little confused myself. Kealy’s Mom, CT, has posted on the Search for Kealy Merritt FB page, “She was headed south on 95 and her bike was found near the Falcon/Godwin exit.”
Search For Kealy Merritt

ETA This page is run by Kealy’s mom, CT. There is also a Find Kealy Merritt page run by her aunt, ST. WS Admins, I believe these are both approved? Both indicated that they thought they could spread the word farther by having two pages.
I'm sorry to ask but I am just seeing this page for the first time and don't have time to read through it all ATM. Can you link or describe the post where the comment was made? Thanks!

I'm sorry to ask but I am just seeing this page for the first time and don't have time to read through it all ATM. Can you link or describe the post where the comment was made? Thanks!
Hi, PM. I’m having trouble linking an individual post. But the remarks made about the location are in this post which was made 2 days ago by Kealy’s mother, CT:

A lot of people have been asking about searching or search parties. Unfortunately, we don’t have a specific area to search. We have had several searches in the area where her bike was found. We are pretty positive that she is not in a wooded area. We have been passing out posters to everyone we see. If anyone wants to pass out posters you are more than welcome to do so. Hopefully someone will spot her and contact authorities. My husband and I are very grateful for all of the help, love, and support! Thank you guys so much! ❤️

Hi, PM. I’m having trouble linking an individual post. But the remarks made about the location are in this post which was made 2 days ago by Kealy’s mother, CT:

A lot of people have been asking about searching or search parties. Unfortunately, we don’t have a specific area to search. We have had several searches in the area where her bike was found. We are pretty positive that she is not in a wooded area. We have been passing out posters to everyone we see. If anyone wants to pass out posters you are more than welcome to do so. Hopefully someone will spot her and contact authorities. My husband and I are very grateful for all of the help, love, and support! Thank you guys so much! ❤️
Thank you!

Referencing the post: Search For Kealy Merritt

Kealy's mother replies to a comment by SH, "... her bike was found near the Falcon/Godwin exit."

That’s a bit unusual, isn’t it? Who has custody of Kealy?

It is a little unusual, but anyone can start a Facebook page; it's not tied to custody or anything. It looks like the aunt started that page first, on 12/24/20, and then the mom started the other one on 12/27/20. There's a lot of cross-posting between the two pages, so it seems like they're friendly, though having two pages does make things a bit confusing, and one would be better to coordinate everything.

It is a little unusual, but anyone can start a Facebook page; it's not tied to custody or anything. It looks like the aunt started that page first, on 12/24/20, and then the mom started the other one on 12/27/20. There's a lot of cross-posting between the two pages, so it seems like they're friendly, though having two pages does make things a bit confusing, and one would be better to coordinate everything.
Oh okay. I just thought that, since the mother had one page, and the aunt had another one that maybe Kealy was under the aunt's care or something along those lines. Just speculation on my part. Thanks!

I was just looking at that. Definitely looks more woodsy on the northbound side. Here's a street view of exit 70 NB: I-95 - Google Maps

Possible route from 700 Ammons: 700 Ammons Rd, Dunn, NC 28334 to I-95, Dunn, NC 28334 - Google Maps
Wouldn’t you know it, I’ve stopped off & have gotten gas at that Kangaroo Express, many, many times!
And I agree in that specific area the north bound side is more woodsier in relation to it being closest, and quicker to access 95 NB.
M00

Wouldn’t you know it, I’ve stopped off & have gotten gas at that Kangaroo Express, many, many times!
And I agree in that specific area the north bound side is more woodsier in relation to it being closest, and quicker to access 95 NB.
M00

Have you ever seen someone bike down the highway? My guess is she took the 301, either she left her bike on that side or crossed over and then abandoned her bike there (on the more woodsier side).

Post by Crystal Thompson, Kealy’s mother, in reply to a question on the Search for Kealy Merritt FB page:
Shane Howard we aren’t aware of anyone that she may know. That’s not to say she doesn’t know anyone in the area. She was headed south on 95 and her bike was found near the Falcon/Godwin exit.

M00

Have you ever seen someone bike down the highway? My guess is she took the 301, either she left her bike on that side or crossed over and then abandoned her bike there (on the more woodsier side).

I live in West Virginia, I’ve seen a lot. And I’ve done a lot of dumb things, especially when I was young (and not medicated!) on roads, busy ones. Maybe even a highway or two (I-270).
But no, iirc, I have not seen someone riding their bike on a highway. Especially a highway like 95. Good gracious!

With that being said, it is my most humble opinion, based on experience, being young once, being a female and having mental illness, I am not surprised by her actions.
M00.

Post by Crystal Thompson, Kealy’s mother, in reply to a question on the Search for Kealy Merritt FB page:
Shane Howard we aren’t aware of anyone that she may know. That’s not to say she doesn’t know anyone in the area. She was headed south on 95 and her bike was found near the Falcon/Godwin exit.
Thank you for holding that part, seriously, thank you!!!!
Sometimes at night when I’m extremely sleepy, and should have already gone to bed, my eyes can’t read well.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momster0734
Back