Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
RSBM
I was of the understanding there are two groups here -- the law-abiding ones and the others who may or may not be local ?

Back during the Ferguson protests -- it surprised me that some of the arrested were from Indiana !!! What in the world were they doing down there ???
Craziness.
MOO

Yes, there is a paid group that travels to high-profile locations to assist with organizing the "protests" (which always, always devolve into riots). Business is booming: Neighborhoods are left scarred and smoking, local shops are destroyed, the wounded line up at the hospitals, and all the professional protesters collect a check. Thanks, Mr. Soros. Billions well spent keeping communities in turmoil.

If anyone seriously thinks encouraging people to rip, tear, and burn down their own communities, turn weapons on each other, and display en mass the kind of violence they decry in others... well, these protesters have taken the spotlight off of the *message* and redirected it, to their great detriment.

For many Americans, the protesters' actions, their violence, have *become* the message. What a terrible disservice they've done a cause that should have been a dialog, equals at the table, that this country IS capable of.

I'm sick of what's being done to this country. I'm sick of excuses being made for bad behavior on *all* sides. Nobody takes responsibility for their own actions anymore, and it's far easier to destroy than to build, and we love easy. History isn't made anymore, it's recorded on iPhones, edited for prime time, and served up by the most biased media this country has seen, instigating, inciting, and trolling for clicks.

That's just the way i feel. JMO IMHO etc.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Imagine what is gonna happen in two weeks when we have another event like this and the flat out answer shall be we will not be releasing any video of what tranpired to protect the constition of the cops - what does that even mean??

trustbuilding!!

I thought it was all calming down - silly me- this is usually the witching hour and here we go

I am bouncing around , but it is escalting again

Imagine what is gonna happen in two weeks when we have another event like this and the flat out answer shall be we will not be releasing any video of what tranpired to protect the constition of the cops - what does that even mean??

trustbuilding!!

Seriously? Trust building, after THIS?? What about the black civilian who was shot in the head by another protester, doesn't he matter? I don't see anyone crying about that, perhaps collateral damage is acceptable. It's for a good cause, sports memorabilia and some meds from CVS.

No, I see no reason for trust at the moment, not while Charlotte is being pillaged and plundered.

Thank you, popsicle, for all your many posts.

Who cares about the darn camera footage... the only people that should be complaining about wanting to see it are the family and iirc it was stated today they were looking at making that happen.

Truth is it is hard as heck to see things from the body cams video most times and we have seen people deny things that are right there in the video when it does come out.

Nobody wants to wait for an investigation and releasing it does not stop these types of reactions.
jmo

trustbuilding!!

This happens with or without video.

Seriously? Trust building, after THIS?? What about the black civilian who was shot in the head by another protester, doesn't he matter? I don't see anyone crying about that, perhaps collateral damage is acceptable. It's for a good cause, sports memorabilia and some meds from CVS.

No, I see no reason for trust at the moment, not while Charlotte is being pillaged and plundered.

LE needs to get out in front of this or it will just get worse. Honesty, trustworthiness, transparency. They need to do their work.

What is the problem with him and his gun?

From wikipeida

Open carry is also legal throughout North Carolina.[26] In the town of Chapel Hill, open carry is restricted to guns of a certain minimum size, under the theory that small, concealable handguns are more often associated with criminal activity. No permit is required to carry a handgun openly in North Carolina. In the court case of State v. Kerner(1921) the defendant ended up getting into some type of confrontation with another man. The defendant proceeded to walk back to his place of work, get his gun, and then return to the scene to fight. The defendant ended up being charged with, "carrying his pistol of the premises unconcealed," which violated a local act applicable to Forsyth County and ended up being a misdemeanor. The defendant was taken to trial and the trial judge then dismissed the charge as unconstitutional. The state then appealed, and the supreme court affirmed. During court, the court stated at the beginning that the Second Amendment did not apply, because "the first ten amendments to the United States Constitution are restrictions on the federal authority and not the states." Therefore, with that being said, it focused more on the state constitution. The state constitution states that: "A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed." The court viewed the provision as protecting the right to carry arms in public. Forsyth County's local act was condemned and seen as distasteful, because it ended up putting a restriction on a persons right to carry a pistol, more so an unconcealed pistol. Although, the case of State v. Kerner helped/made more clear the allowance of openly carrying a pistol, it does not preclude all regulations regarding the carrying of firearms.[27]

Yep, that's my state. We love guns around here. [emoji22]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LE needs to get out in front of this or it will just get worse. Honesty, trustworthiness, transparency. They need to do their work.

I was surprised at some of the comments! I know we are all watching this event tongiht. It is not in that context . It is not the context of the two other ones I saw and posted earlier.

It is not about the several last month, or the month before, or the month beforethat.

It is not about the reality that one cop has been charged with murder.

Its a big picture social problem. IMO it is real. Way to imo unjustified use of force. How can I say that? By seeing the videos.

Do we need a nine month investigation when on a CCTV camera a bank robbery?
What about a 9 month investigation when a red light camera issues one a ticket?

Its not only about the incident itself. It is about the reality that nothing happens. They get two week paid vacation, media goes , away , go back to work, and anotehr same incident happens again.

imo if we think tonight is bad, with the general beleif that in this one we will see the video and be able to with our own eyes make our own conclusions, beleive it or not, at a quiet level, that is calming this mess down.

We may not feel that way now watching this.

Imagine on this one all of , from out homes, knowing we will never see the video so we can detmine if a cival servant abused the powers, as citizens we gave them.

For the AA community, who have zero trust in the generally white big machine of the entire system, cops, jails , courts, sentencing NOW wait until there is just a flat out from the beginning of of an event that just starts with this is what we say happened, beleive it or not, we are not releasing the video of anything our cops do anymore.

Lets sell the body cameras back then. Their purpose was to allow citizens the sense that we can we see, for ourselves what happened.

For the AA community, blanketly out right refusing to do it again does not impart the message , that if a officer abused force, we know , video WILL be coming, that eases tempers

I just heard about this three hours ago.

Hold tight guys - as that starts to trickle across departments all over, that is taking two steps back. Its an affront to someone who just lost someone at a cops hand and are just told nope, you cant "see" what happened casue we just rushed through a law that changes it watch out for what is gonna happen its going backwards mooo its escalating the feeling of trust between the AA members of the community and those that power. That is all I am saying!!

moo

I'm sorry, our Dallas officers were "out in front" protecting the people who spit in their faces so casually, and lives were lost for the privilege of doing so. Our Fort Worth cops, two just shot after responding to a fake call. To every cop who has been ambushed on the job, or who lives every day with that very real possibility, they will have my undying gratitude. They walk into danger every single day. The majority of them are veterans who risked all once before and do so again as LEOs because they actually love their communities and want to protect them. But the spin doctors won't be talking about that.

There are bad guys everywhere, in every walk of life. They need to be weeded out, every da*n one of them. But I put it to you all that there are far, far more dangers to black men, women, and children within their own communities -- rampant gang activity, drugs, illegal firearms -- than are found standing behind a badge. That's just the truth.

It's asked a lot, but never addressed: Why is there no outcry over the evil perpetrated by members within the black community? Why don't the lives lost to that violence matter just as much? Until people step up and DO something other than scream about what the other guy is/isn't/should be doing, nothing will change. Nothing.

I see nothing constructive in what's happening tonight. Just feed the rage. It's one more excuse to be violent without repercussions and loot, destroy, and damage.

I'm done, just worn out, saddened and sickened.

What is the problem with him and his gun?

Did you read the article you linked in your first post?

“He exited the vehicle armed with a handgun as the officers continued to yell at him to drop it,” Charlotte Police Chief Kerr Putney said in a news conference Wednesday. “He stepped out, posing a threat to officers.”

Police had said officers gave “loud, clear verbal commands which were also heard by many of the witnesses” to Scott and that he had re-entered his vehicle and exited again still holding the gun."

Mike Hanson ‏@MikeWCNC [video=twitter;778796921364381696]https://twitter.com/MikeWCNC/status/778796921364381696[/video]
CMPD telling crowd to disperse or face more bangs & gas.

The raised fist is a deeply offensive, very violent symbolic gesture of non-compliance to most citizens, and also a symbol of profound racial hate, IMO. It's exactly the same as a Nazi swasitika, IMO. The cold, hard *truth* holds no meaning to most of these rioters. Their imaginary ideas, themes, and racial narratives, are all that "matters" to them.

My compassion, empathy, sympathy, and prayers are with the police officers )(and their anxious families!) who have to deal with these rioting, violent criminals. I have no compassion, empathy, or sympathy for the rioters. And IMO, I'm not the only one who feels this way. Rational, thinking people have no sympathy or empathy for those who choose lawlessness and rioting. That's not a logical or rational way to "peacefully protest", or express "freedom of speech".

What do we do in a case like this? There is a faction of people who will firmly believe this was a disabled man sitting reading a book waiting for his son to be dropped off, minding his own business.

How do you bridge that gap? Honestly, video very often doesn't even help because it's often unclear OR people will even argue what's on video plain as day.

After Ferguson there were some heartfelt discussions about this, how we need to bridge this divide and one of the Black leaders noted (correctly) that white people really like to watch black people commit crimes. And it's true. As a culture we are drawn to watching video of looting and vandalizing and fire setting. Media falls all over themselves to get video of Black people behaving badly. Confirmation bias.

I disagree. I think people will watch whatever crimes the media serves up. I don't think race is the draw. I think a huge group of people of any color, looting, vandilizing, fire setting, etc is going to get views. JMO

The raised fist is a deeply offensive, very violent symbolic gesture of non-compliance to most citizens, and also a symbol of profound racial hate, IMO. It's exactly the same as a Nazi swasitika, IMO. The cold, hard *truth* holds no meaning to most of these rioters. Their imaginary ideas, themes, and racial narratives, are all that "matters" to them.

My compassion, empathy, sympathy, and prayers are with the police officers )(and their anxious families!) who have to deal with these rioting, violent criminals. I have no compassion, empathy, or sympathy for the rioters. And IMO, I'm not the only one who feels this way. Rational, thinking people have no sympathy or empathy for those who choose lawlessness and rioting. That's not a logical or rational way to "peacefully protest", or express "freedom of speech".

Yes it sure is. That the NFL had no problem with players raising their fists not only during the anthem but also on 9/11 was just disgusting. That has nothing to do with why they are not standing. imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member