GUILTY NC - Laura Ackerson, 27, Kinston, 13 July 2011 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I'm probably wrong here.....but

Is it possible that the confusion is that his current wife was staying in Texas with relatives? Because of the three of them, the only one I can find so far with relatives in Texas is Laura's ex's current wife. She has a brother/sister in law that live about 10 miles from the Oyster Creek area.

But then how does Laura end up there? Is it possible her ex did harm her and then drove down to TX to be with his wife, disposing of Laura on the way?

Anyway, here is the link to the obit that supports that new wife did have family in that area of TX.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/da...a-faye-ryan-abernathy&pid=151785461&fhid=8561

I know I'm probably totally wrong. But it's a big planet and it's just so odd that she was found so close to where these relatives of the "new family" live. Hopefully we find out there's another explanation...

ETA: Just want to make it super duper clear that I don't think the wife's family has any involvement in this at all.

Is it possible that the confusion is that his current wife was staying in Texas with relatives? Because of the three of them, the only one I can find so far with relatives in Texas is Laura's ex's current wife. She has a brother/sister in law that live about 10 miles from the Oyster Creek area.

But then how does Laura end up there? Is it possible her ex did harm her and then drove down to TX to be with his wife, disposing of Laura on the way?

Anyway, here is the link to the obit that supports that new wife did have family in that area of TX.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/da...a-faye-ryan-abernathy&pid=151785461&fhid=8561

I know I'm probably totally wrong. But it's a big planet and it's just so odd that she was found so close to where these relatives of the "new family" live. Hopefully we find out there's another explanation...

ETA: Just want to make it super duper clear that I don't think the wife's family has any involvement in this at all.

It definitely seems that you're on to something here. I don't even know what to say about this.

Very interesting. Thanks fir sleuthing this. I wonder if the grandma had the bot boys for a few days during the time she was missing and if the ex happened to not be at work. I really hope it wasn't the father, but with the description being "volatile" custody dispute it does nit look good.

Yes, I find it very unsettling. Even basic things like: were her keys, wallet, cell phone in the car; information like that has not been released. I don't remember a case ever where this information was withheld from the media. It really makes a difference if those belongings were still in the car.

I like to think the Police is heads-down on this. But I wonder...no foot/air searches that I am aware of, at least not engaging any community assistance. Yet, CUE sent its members to Missouri, I believe, from Raleigh, to search for a woman there. Does that mean they (LE) has strong info to support that Laura's alive - like is her credit card and/or cell phone active? How weird to publish photos but not tell the public where they were taken. Yes I find this unsettling also.

This information has been kept quiet in the Holly Bobo case as well.

This article has Laura's sister saying they don't know anyone in Texas and that she doesn't know why Laura was there: http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/7667862.html, so I don't think Laura was there to visit relatives.

Then, this article actually quotes a named official as saying she was killed in NC and dumped in TX: http://www.witn.com/news/headlines/...y_Of_Missing_Kinston_Woman_Found.html?ref=993

"WRAL reports that Chief Deputy Craig Brady said that Raleigh police detectives traveled to Texas to look for Ackerson.

Brady told WRAL it appears Ackerson was killed in North Carolina and that her body was taken to Texas. Brady said the remains were dismembered. A suspect, who authorities believe is the woman's husband or ex-husband, has been detained, Brady said."

These reports seem way more specific -- i.e., they actually quote named people who would likely have knowledge -- so I'm guessing the other reports were wrong. Irish Eyes could definitely be on to something with the reason for the mix-up.

Out of curiousity, where did you find this info?

I found where GH's wife (AH) has sisters in Richmond, TX and Dallas, TX. The only brother seems to be in Durango, CO. This info was current as of last month (per obit for her mother).

Here's something I found and I don't know if or how it relates. Check this site: http://visualartexchange.ning.com/profiles/blogs/vae-enews-31611
Search for GH on here and see that he and his wife are selling art supplies from a closed business. Notice the phone numbers. That is a NY area code, I think. I searched these phone numbers and found this: http://www.list-alert.com/craigslist/38925/leather-couch If you go to "Awesome Leather Living Room Set" in Raleigh - there is the phone number for GH's wife as listed in the other ad. Notice the date - day after LA went missing. Could this furniture be tied to a murder? (If you click the link, it takes you to the craigslist ad - dated 7/14/11 at 11:45.) Thoughts?

Out of curiousity, where did you find this info?

I found where GH's wife (AH) has sisters in Richmond, TX and Dallas, TX. The only brother seems to be in Durango, CO. This info was current as of last month (per obit for her mother).

Sorry, I said brother but it's her sister that lives in Richmond, TX. Oyster Creek runs through Sugarland, TX. I googled the distance between Richmond and Sugarland and IIRC it was about 10 miles, but with traffic was more like a 20 minute drive.

Sorry, I said brother but it's her sister that lives in Richmond, TX. Oyster Creek runs through Sugarland, TX. I googled the distance between Richmond and Sugarland and IIRC it was about 10 miles, but with traffic was more like a 20 minute drive.

That does make sense...she just had her baby last month, plus their mother passed away days before....a good reason for a trip to her sister.

Here's something I found and I don't know if or how it relates. Check this site: http://visualartexchange.ning.com/profiles/blogs/vae-enews-31611
Search for GH on here and see that he and his wife are selling art supplies from a closed business. Notice the phone numbers. That is a NY area code, I think. I searched these phone numbers and found this: http://www.list-alert.com/craigslist/38925/leather-couch If you go to "Awesome Leather Living Room Set" in Raleigh - there is the phone number for GH's wife as listed in the other ad. Notice the date - day after LA went missing. Could this furniture be tied to a murder? (If you click the link, it takes you to the craigslist ad - dated 7/14/11 at 11:45.) Thoughts?

The timing is interesting. It makes me wonder more if they had plans on moving.

So a rough timeline would go something like this:

2008: LA and GH have first son together.
2009: LA and GH relocate to Virgin Islands. LA working for Rare Breed entertainment booking GH gigs at local places there.
2009: (August) LA and GH have second son.
2010: January - they are back in Raleigh LA is job hunting, they are splitting up. LA (and the kids???) move in with GH parents.
2010: April - GH marries AH aka AS aka AP aka AE (who he met in Virgin Islands)
2010: GH/AH awarded primary custody of children
2010: Sep - AH pregnant
2010-2011: LH trying to get back on her feet financially to get split custody, going to church regularly.
2011: July LA murdered a few weeks before a custody hearing for split custody.

Wow! That is quite a coincident there.

Oh no!

Why was her body in Texas?

Its possible it was driven there in the trunk of a car from Raleigh.

The wife of LA's ex (AH) has a sister who lives close to where the body was found, plus Ah just had a baby in June preceded a few days by her mother passing away (which could account for the trip).

Its possible it was driven there in the trunk of a car from Raleigh.

The wife of LA's ex (AH) has a sister who lives close to where the body was found, plus Ah just had a baby in June preceded a few days by her mother passing away (which could account for the trip).

That is just awful. Those poor boys :(

I really hope it isn't their father, but it isn't looking good.

Rest in peace, Laura.

I think the reason for the somewhat confusing media reports on "ex huband", "woman in custody battle", have to do with assumptions made by some of these reporters.

LA and GH, though they had 2 children together and lived together for at least 2 years were apparently not legally married.

LA, however, did refer to GH as her husband.

GH did marry someone else last year - AH. AH has a sister in Texas who lives very close to where the body was found.

Texas deputies are being close-lipped about the case, but say they were looking for a woman from North Carolina who was in town visiting relatives. They also say she was in the middle of a child custody dispute.​
[LINK]

The above article implies that its the same person (woman in town visiting relative, woman involved in custody dispute).

If it is, the woman they were looking for is likely AH, not LA.

Alternately, it could be references to 2 different women and the article(s) are not making that clear: (1) AH is in town visiting relatives, (2) LH is in the middle of a custody battle.

I am pretty sure its not that LH was in town visiting relatives, for one - as Irish noted she has no relative in TX, and also she did not tell her friends or coworkers she was leaving (they all say she would never just vanish like that)...and she missed her appt to pick up the kids - why would she do that with a custody hearing approaching?

So a rough timeline would go something like this:

2008: LA and GH have first son together.
2009: LA and GH relocate to Virgin Islands. LA working for Rare Breed entertainment booking GH gigs at local places there.
2009: (August) LA and GH have second son.
2010: January - they are back in Raleigh LA is job hunting, they are splitting up. LA (and the kids???) move in with GH parents.
2010: April - GH marries AH aka AS aka AP aka AE (who he met in Virgin Islands)
2010: GH/AH awarded primary custody of children
2010: Sep - AH pregnant
2010-2011: LH trying to get back on her feet financially to get split custody, going to church regularly.
2011: July LA murdered a few weeks before a custody hearing for split custody.

<BBM>

That is amazing. All those different names. The link after AE goes back to the page for AS, so I'm wondering what AH did as AE.

Has it been reported that there is a crime scene under investigation in Raleigh?

Is GH still in Raleigh? Or did they all (shudder) go down to TX together?

Well, if GH is in Raleigh, that would mean that LA would have been transported to TX by . . . Nope, I have to stop right there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay