GUILTY NC - Laura Ackerson, 27, Kinston, 13 July 2011 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, East! :seeya: I wonder if it could be that they have no way of knowing who actually committed the murder in which case a jury might be reluctant to agree on the DP for one & think that possibly the other jury might not agree on the DP for the other (since I can only assume the trials will be separate.)

Just wild guessin' .. :waitasec:

I believe this must be the case. R they pointing the finger at each other? Really strange!

Hi, East! :seeya: I wonder if it could be that they have no way of knowing who actually committed the murder in which case a jury might be reluctant to agree on the DP for one & think that possibly the other jury might not agree on the DP for the other (since I can only assume the trials will be separate.)

Just wild guessin' .. :waitasec:

You may be very right Born. I honestly thought one would have been squealing on the other by now. I guess if she spills her guts, and the truth, they can reconsider the DP for him down the road?
I mentioned a few weeks ago I'm in WS withdrawal--miss you guys so much and hope you have the best Christmas ever!

I believe this must be the case. R they pointing the finger at each other? Really strange!

I love it when we get these little scraps of info about an ongoing case but it drives me crazy when I can't figure them out. I honestly thought Amanda would be all over everybody with an ear by now. And maybe she has been, but this no DP status makes me wonder if the prosecutors still don't know who played what role in the murder.
I have no use for either of them and hope they come to trial soon, and then spend eternity in prison....and then in hell. Boy, I sound as if I don't have any Christmas spirit, so sorry for the spew. I will never understand people who think murder is the easy way out.

I do not understand why they will not seek the DP unless they are soft on criminals in NC. What are the statistics for DP cases in NC?

NC does ask for the DP from time to time -- often, the defendant will take a LWOP plea and then there is no trial. I will try to see if I can find some stats -- that's an interesting question, coco....

***Note the info about his last name***

From TRIANGLE NEWS 14

RALEIGH—The couple charged with killing a Kinston woman and dumping her dismembered body in a Texas creek were in court Friday.

Grant and Amanda Haze agreed to submit handwriting samples to prosecutors who believe it could shed light on an item found during the investigation. Prosecutors would not give any more details.

The couple is charged with killing Laura Ackerson. The 27-year-old mother disappeared in July before authorities found her remains in Texas near the home of Amanda Haze's family members.

In court, Grant Haze made a point to clarify the spelling of his name to the judge. Previous court records spell it as "H-A-Y-E-S."

"My legal name has always been H-A-Z-E. I've never had an alias. My name is H-A-Z-E." said Murder suspect Grant Haze.

Relatives have said Ackerson and Grant Haze were involved in a custody dispute over their two children.

First, East -- MERRY CHRISTMAS to you, too!!

Maybe that arrogant thinks-he-has-talent-and-charm snake-man may have legally changed his name, but his Ma & Pa are Mr. and Mrs. H-A-Y-E-S, so go figure...:waitasec: I'll bet a buck that "Haze" won't be his name when he goes to prison!!!

He seems the type to me where I wouldn't be able to stay in the same room with him, say at a party or just a get-together, for more than one minute. I'll bet he takes over all conversations and does his best to "thrill" all the women..... Arrrrgggghhhhffff. Mr. Cocky-Pants. Yuck.

Why doesn't Mrs. Haze (!) start talking to the LEO's??? Save her equally sorry self?:furious:

You may be very right Born. I honestly thought one would have been squealing on the other by now. I guess if she spills her guts, and the truth, they can reconsider the DP for him down the road?
I mentioned a few weeks ago I'm in WS withdrawal--miss you guys so much and hope you have the best Christmas ever!

Yes, East -- things are in a lull right now -- it would be tuff to seat a jury during the Christmas and Hanukkah seasons, and I'm sure the County employees get at least a couple of days off, so they probably just don't even try to do much in the late part of December.

I've just finished watching and WS'ing the case in Orange County, NC, where they just convicted the 2nd of two men who kidnapped, robbed, and murdered Eve Carson, the UNC-CH senior who was president of the student body there. She was a Morehead scholar and a very outstanding young woman.

And BTW, they did declare that they were gonna seek the DP against the other defendant for the crimes (he used a sawed-off shotgun to put a big hole in her head and to immediately kill her, after the accomplice had already shot her 4 times with a .25 caliber pistol) -- but he pleaded down to LWOP about a year ago and has been serving his term in a Fed prison -- the Feds charged him as well as Orange County, to which he also pleaded, so he was given two LWOP sentences. The one just now convicted was 17 at the time of the murder, so they couldn't seek the DP against him. It was live-streamed by WRAL and it was very interesting. Another absolutely cold-blooded murderer. But he's down for LWOP now. In fact, today was first full day as a convicted murderer/kidnapper/armed robber.
icon10.gif

I plan to watch the re-trial of Jason Young who had a hung jury previously. Accused of brutally beating his wife, and leaving her in their home to die with their 2-year-old daughter just left there with her bleeding & dying mother. That trial should start around Jan. 17, 2012. No DP on this one.

So we'll have to just cool our heels, East, for a couple or three weeks and wait to again get down & get funky with another WS case.

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL WS'ERS!

I still say that Amanda's booking photo shows one scary looking lady!!

I wonder where the baby is now. Poor kids! I can't imagine losing parents to prison. I can't imagine how Laura's poor babies are doing now either. Who has her kids? Does Grant's mom still have custody?

BBM - Ugh, I agree, coco. Maybe it's a bad shot of her, but she looks like a druggie and has a somewhat cruel look about her. Like nceast said, I don't know why she's not singing her head off about the murder, but maybe she was the main participant. Jealousy? Insecurity about her conceited, arrogant hubbie. I will have a had time, if this trial is live-streamed, watching because just looking at him turns my stomach. He's just repugnant to me. What an arrogant and overtly narcissistic look & manner he shows at all times. Just repulsive. There's just something about it that makes me shudder.

And on a bright note, coco,

Merry Christmas!!!

back atcha
!

How can we get this moved to Currently Awaiting Trial?

How can we get this moved to Currently Awaiting Trial?

I'm late to this as you posted it on 2/20 and today is 3/11. It may have been moved by now....I'll check. Although I don't know how to move or begin a new thread. I do wish more info would come about about this case. It's driving me crazy.

Eager to see how this plays out in trial-the evidence against them is just overwhelming!!

I haven't read or seen any announcements on trial dates.

That sure is a long way off.

I can't imagine what GH's defense strategy could be - "it wasn't me"? Amanda will probably play the post partum depression + "Grant made me do it" card.

http://www.kinston.com/news/raleigh-82149-set-ackerson.html

BBM & snipped
A lack of “aggravating factors” in the case swayed Stephens to rule against the Hayeses’ execution in favor of life in prison without parole.

I'm sorry.....what?! What part of lured her to the apartment under the pretense of seeing her children, killed her, cut up her body in their apartment, put her body parts in coolers, rented a U Haul, traveled to Texas, dumped her in a creek hoping the alligators would eat her body is not aggravated?

http://www.kinston.com/news/raleigh-82149-set-ackerson.html

BBM & snipped

I'm sorry.....what?! What part of lured her to the apartment under the pretense of seeing her children, killed her, cut up her body in their apartment, put her body parts in coolers, rented a U Haul, traveled to Texas, dumped her in a creek hoping the alligators would eat her body is not aggravated?

Amen! How much more "aggravated" does it need to be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper