GUILTY NC - Laura Ackerson, 27, Kinston, 13 July 2011 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
amanda-hayes.jpg

oooooh look at that face, i should not be using my psychology radar since i am in social work. But those unbalanced eyebrows & grin looks like she will try her best to cook up a good story. Cannot wait till she is on trial & i hope she takes the stand. Thanks for the pic

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

According to Facebook" Friends of Laura Ackerson", Laura will finally be layed to rest on Monday at 2:00.

Laura Ackerson head stone can be viewed at Facebook, FAMILY AND FRIENDS OF LAURA ACKERSON .
It is beautiful.
I have no other words :(
I'll never forget you Laura, I pass by your apt a few times a week and get sad all over again. You were such a promise & example to what this world needs and we lost you. SO,SO Sorry !

Just thought I'd put GH's DOC/DPS record on here mainly to show the completed info. He will prolly be sent to some other prison in another week or so -- I'm hoping Alexander, which is supposed to be a tuff one, as if there aren't any -- for his long, long stay, and that will be updated when he finds a permanent home.

Warning: his picture is an in-your-face typical GH shot, IMO, so be prepared to <gag>.

http://webapps6.doc.state.nc.us/opi...turl=pagelistoffendersearchresults&listpage=1

I think they're adding that just to make sure she is indeed charged & convicted of something. IMO, it's like when the Court adds 2nd Degree Murder to an obvious 1st Degree crime -- something for the jury to pick instead of NG...

Here's what the NC General Statutes say about this particular crime:

§ 14-7. Accessories after the fact; trial and punishment.
If any person shall become an accessory after the fact to any felony, whether the same be a felony at common law or by virtue of any statute made, or to be made, such person shall be guilty of a crime, and may be indicted and convicted together with the principal felon, or after the conviction of the principal felon, or may be indicted and convicted for such crime whether the principal felon shall or shall not have been previously convicted, or shall or shall not be amenable to justice. Unless a different classification is expressly stated, that person shall be punished for an offense that is two classes lower than the felony the principal felon committed, except that an accessory after the fact to a Class A or Class B1 felony is a Class C felony, an accessory after the fact to a Class B2 felony is a Class D felony, an accessory after the fact to a Class H felony is a Class 1 misdemeanor, and an accessory after the fact to a Class I felony is a Class 2 misdemeanor. The offense of such person may be inquired of, tried, determined and punished by any court which shall have jurisdiction of the principal felon, in the same manner as if the act, by reason whereof such person shall have become an accessory, had been committed at the same place as the principal felony, although such act may have been committed without the limits of the State; and in case the principal felony shall have been committed within the body of any county, and the act by reason whereof any person shall have become accessory shall have been committed within the body of any other county, the offense of such person guilty of a felony as aforesaid may be inquired of, tried, determined, and punished in either of said counties: Provided, that no person who shall be once duly tried for such felony shall be again indicted or tried for the same offense. (1797, c. 485, s. 1, P.R.; 1852, c. 58; R.C., c. 34, s. 54; Code, s. 978; Rev., s. 3289; C.S., s. 4177; 1979, c. 760, s. 5; 1979, 2nd Sess., c. 1316, s. 47; 1981, c. 63, s. 1; c. 179, s. 14; 1997-443, s. 19.25(p).)

http://www.ncleg.net/enactedlegislation/statutes/html/byarticle/chapter_14/article_2.html

Since Murder in the 1st is a Class A felony, it would default to a Class C felony. Punishment for a Class C felony is anywhere from 44 months (first time offender, "mitigated" class) to a whopping 182 months which is for an existing many-time multiple felon of the highest felony point count in an "aggravated" class -- worst of the worst type.

Here's one a little easier to understand,especially for law dummies like me,
right from the Kinston press.

http://www.kinston.com/news/local/a...-accessory-in-ackerson-murder-1.215379?page=0

In his closing argument in the Grant Hayes trial, Assistant District Attorney Boz Zellinger told the jury under North Carolina law, both Grant and Amanda can be convicted of murder if they worked together to kill Ackerson, no matter which one committed the physical act.

Because I said I would, I checked Prisoner Hayes' DPS/DOC rec today, and he has a new home -- Pasquotank CI in Elizabeth City. Nice lookin' place. They house Close (that's our boy's classification) and Minimum Custody male inmates.

NCP.jpg

Home Sweet Home!

Pasquotank Correctional Institution
Welcomes Grant Hayes
For Life

Because I said I would, I checked Prisoner Hayes' DPS/DOC rec today, and he has a new home -- Pasquotank CI in Elizabeth City. Nice lookin' place. They house Close (that's our boy's classification) and Minimum Custody male inmates.

NCP.jpg

Home Sweet Home!

Pasquotank Correctional Institution
Welcomes Grant Hayes
For Life

Minimum custody? I envision that to be like the "Orange is the New Blank" living arrangements? Kind of like a summer camp, come and go as you please (within the confines of a prison).

The jail can accommodate minimum custody inmates but they also accommodate inmates who need to be watch closely. And "close" is what grant hayes is classified.

Minimum custody? I envision that to be like the "Orange is the New Blank" living arrangements? Kind of like a summer camp, come and go as you please (within the confines of a prison).

As I said in my email with the pic of his new dwelling, he is classified as "Close Custody." This is the definition of Close Custody in the Inmate Handbook:

6 - Close Custody --
This custody is under armed supervision and more restrictive than

Medium Custody and is for those inmates who must be closely watched because they are an escape risk,they have been convicted of a very serious crime, or their actions in prison have shown that they
will not follow the rules.

http://www.doc.state.nc.us/publications/inmate rule book.pdf

"armed supervision" -- That's pretty heavy-duty, IMO!! Oh, he will hate that... Such a pity for such a control freak. "Control, Grant? Yeah, we've got it and you don't."
icon10.gif

What?!?!?! Defense attorney says he found something inside the van that will help Amanda's defense. I do not buy it. How can I know that whatever the blip it is, it was somehow missed by law enforcement? :nonono:

Oh I so glad someone saw my post,this has me upset.Tomorrow we should know what it is. The comment section on the wral5 site said the attorney drove the van home.Is that the suv being driven out of parking garage hers?

Oh I so glad someone saw my post,this has me upset.Tomorrow we should know what it is. The comment section on the wral5 site said the attorney drove the van home.Is that the suv being driven out of parking garage hers?

I believe so. This is so flipping weird. I hope more of the gang chime in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ManicPixieSim