Status
Not open for further replies.
What were they talking about 5 min ago?
Someone walking in?
I missed it, few min. late :(

Morn' all :seeya:

A lot of people in the gallery today.
Well, a lot for THIS trial.
Wonder if most are witness', if any are friends or family.

Accckkkk!! My DH has the very same saw -- should I leave home now, or wait??? His saw came from Lowe's.

Say what you will, but I think Dr. Ross, the forensic anthropologist, is an excellent witness. She's all business, but she's dealing with deadly serious testimony. And they were able to pin the saw used to teeth per inch -- amazing to me.

Pig proxies, oh my. BTW, my DH is in a Duke research facility, which mainly deals with cardiology. Pig heart valves are used for aortic valve replacement in some cases as are artificial aortic valves. Just FYI.

Ross sounds very confident w/o being "teachy" or arrogant. If I were the defense, I would be careful with my questions to this witness. JMHO.

Ok, I'm with it now on WRAL! That's what I get for watching the Dunn trial Saturday and catching up on the first two days.

I'm double-trialing now!

I would love to see Amanda's face right now to see if this is eliciting any emotion from her.

Amanda's marriages:

1. Mr. Elmer. This is Sha's dad.

2. Her divorce attorney from above marriage. Not sure if she inherited anything or got any assets from him. I highly doubt it due to his connections and being a divorce attorney.

3. N. Smith. This guy was the wealthy one. He owned some kind of business. He left Amanda a trust fund that paid her every month (I don't know how long it lasted). Presumably, she also received life insurance payout(s). He also left her property that per tax records amounted to about 250,000 to 300,000. He also bought her expensive jewelry such as a Rolex, diamond necklaces, rings, etc. Smith was in a diving accident, was paralyzed, and died at home (presumably from natural causes).

4. Grant Hayes. Murderer.

Thanks.

bbm

Has his death ever been looked into more? I mean, seeing as they now know she helped kill, cut up, and dispose of a woman.
What I am thinking is that after this man was paralyzed, a. he was of no use to her anymore, and b. she was stuck with the burden of taking care of him for the rest of her life. I wonder what those "natural" causes were?
Maybe that is where she got her murdering ideas - b/c she had already been in that frame of mind with that husband.

JMO.

To clarify AH's marriage history, here it is, as far as has been revealed:

1. Scott Elmer, Sha's father
2. Ron Adamson, attorney who handled her divorce
3. Nicky Smith, who died, leaving her property, $ in trust, jewelry, etc.
4. The convicted murderer, GH

I don't know about Adamson, but the others were pretty short marriages, like a few years max. But hey, if she remains married to the convicted murderer while imprisoned, that could set a record for her. Or maybe the Gaskins are throwing in a freebie divorce with her murder defense.

This person #3 and how he died are very interesting to me. Like Martin MacNeill, after his wife's murder, suddenly all these other deaths he was associated with are very suspect.

My, my, don't they look like the happy couple with a dead body in their apartment. OMG

R these pictures from after the murder?

Yes, the day after, in Texas, presumably in a hotel room on the way home and then some office of some sort (I'm guessing the PI's office).

Can Gaskins do ANYTHING techy on his own?
For some reason it just riles me that he makes Boz always put stuff on the overhead for him....freakin' redunkulous!!!

Can Gaskins do ANYTHING techy on his own?
For some reason it just riles me that he makes Boz always put stuff on the overhead for him....freakin' redunkulous!!!

Thank you! I'm sitting here angry on behalf of Boz, who must be annoyed as well. I'd be in the judge's chambers on a break insisting that the defense present their own case without the state's assistance.

One picture out of 30 or so and only 1 picture depicts her as "haggard?" She's batting 100, then. I'm the opposite, 30 pictures and I might look decent in 1, and I'm fairly normal! LOL

Question: when was a PI hired? I thought it was after their arrest? Anyone have info on that?

One picture out of 30 or so and only 1 picture depicts her as "haggard?" She's batting 100, then. I'm the opposite, 30 pictures and I might look decent in 1, and I'm fairly normal! LOL

What I noticed is how svelte and toned she looked having just given birth a month before. And that's what I would have commented on were I a witness asked for my opinion. And then, knowing me, I probably would have asked her how she does that.... :O

I thought this judge was retiring?

I am sure the NC folks can answer this in way more detail.
However, he is retiring, but I think he is staying around for the cases he already had on his docket (like this one, and maybe Brad Cooper?).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95