GUILTY NC - Laura Ackerson, 27, Kinston, 13 July 2011 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial 23s
Juror question. What is the definition of the phrase "each is present"?

diagram, diagram...let's see....so maybe they wanted to see where they could have attacked Laura? And how far away the rooms are from there, meaning how far away were the children?

Also, Becky said in her closing that Amanda said that after Laura "fell," she took the children to the back room (the one farthest from the door?), and then BH was saying something about, she woudl have had to come back and go past the bathroom. Something like that. I guess that is what the jury is looking at.

It sounds like they want to know if it is enough for Amanda to be in the apartment.

Another question, it does sound like they nixed the murder charge.

They could just be going over what the charges are to make sure everyone understands. I doubt they could have nixed M1 so quickly, at least I hope not.

Ok guys, marking my place. Time to head home from work, run errands, and get supper plated before I sit back down.

why is it taking so long to write the answer?

Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial 23s
Juror question. What is the definition of the phrase "each is present"?

Ah, so are they thinking, what if Amanda was in the other room with the boys, and would that still be "each is present."

Agggggghhhh. They are gettting too bogged down in the legal mumbo jumbo.

Each is present. Amanda was present. She knew what was going on. She knew Laura was being murdered, she might have even physically done it herself.

Amanda was present.

I'm getting scared now.

Nerve wracking! And the judge is breathing through his mouth. I feel bad for him. I tell you, Mucinex D will help! Wish I was there.

It sounds like they want to know if it is enough for Amanda to be in the apartment.

omg, omg, i'm getting nervous now.

They are getting too much into details.

Maybe one or two think that if she was not RIGHT there next to Laura as she was being murdered, it doesn't count.

Ah, so are they thinking, what if Amanda was in the other room with the boys, and would that still be "each is present."

Agggggghhhh. They are gettting too bogged down in the legal mumbo jumbo.

Each is present. Amanda was present. She knew what was going on. She knew Laura was being murdered, she might have even physically done it herself.

Amanda was present.

I'm getting scared now.

No kidding, Amanda testified that she was out there at the table when the 'scuffle' occurred.

From what I understand, the "acting in concert" definition just means that while she may not have been the one to actually commit the murder, she conspired to or was present, and still counts as murder 1 correct?

If the jurors have a question every 10 minutes, and if it takes this long for the judge to write each answer, we will be here until March.

As an aside, I loved it when Becky said "This case isn't about Grant Or Amanda Hayes. It is about Laura Ackerson."

AH just wanted to talk about her selfless altruistic woe-is-me widowed self. Grr.

Nerve wracking! And the judge is breathing through his mouth. I feel bad for him. I tell you, Mucinex D will help! Wish I was there.

You could also administer a shot of nasal spray to each nostril as well.

no no no......actively assisting each other.....noooo

I don't have any sound on WRAL, so appreciate the updates. Amanda appears to be breathing deeply.

I think I'm catching a cold through the Judge.....

He already gave it to me :tantrum:.
If I didn't love Judge Stephens so much I would be :steamed: .., :giggle:

That's I have been so "quiet" today, just went and lay down and turned my volume up to listen.

Perhaps they took a straw poll, and now they are only trying to convince one or two jurors. You just never know with jurors. I'm trying to stay positive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay