GUILTY NC - Laura Ackerson, 27, Kinston, 13 July 2011 #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Crap...my thanks button isn't working any better today.

Thank you all so much for sharing your thoughts!!

Nope, but every time someone hits the deliberating sign I think something's happening.

ETA: Sorry, Myvice, quoted the wrong post of yours. Was answering whether the jury had asked any other question.

we r to the dismemberment part. wonder where they will be going after that to texas! Maybe they will want to see Amanda dumping the acid!!!!!!

Just getting here this AM. Have there been anymore questions since the Skil saw stuff?

Thanks muchly.

No, I don't think so. I missed the last two hours yesterday, but I read over the posts and didn't find anything regarding any more questions.

I posted that I think they got discouraged after the saw when they found out they couldn't experiment any longer.

Good morning everyone!!! I made a quick trip to Harris Teeter for Super Doubles early this morning! Cat chow and cat litter are BOGO--yay! With three kitties, I need all the help I can get!

I'm really thinking today's the day. I've got that buzzy-fuzzy verdict feeling...

OT I have three at home and two at the office so I am familiar with litter. Another great use of it is to get 4 or 5 boxes of it to put in your trunk to weight down your rear wheel drive car on snow and ice. And come Spring you have a good supply of the stuff for all your furry babies.

I believe this is how he would look with a "normal" sized guitar...:floorlaugh:

article-2308487-19425046000005DC-140_634x604.jpg

:floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

Nymeria :loveyou: and your sense of humor!

I talked to my DH last night about the Skil saw as he works with one generally every day to cut through metal pipes (plumber). I told him where she was dismembered and asked him how long it would take to do it. He said less than 30 minutes.

He answered that quickly...less than 30 minutes? The mental picture I have of reading that answer makes me say "Run, Surfie, Run!" :scared::scared::scared::scared::scared:

I talked to my DH last night about the Skil saw as he works with one generally every day to cut through metal pipes (plumber). I told him where she was dismembered and asked him how long it would take to do it. He said less than 30 minutes.

That's funny because I was talking to mine about this, too. Are we a warped bunch or what?!? Ha! He believes it would be very difficult to do this alone--to steady the Sawzall (which really requires two hands) while also steadying the target. He also said he thought you would need to lift the parts (I'm so sorry, I don't know how else to say this) up off the ground in order to avoid damaging the floor or the tub. Did someone testify about this?

A few things stand out to me that indicate Amanda was not being truthful. (I think I'm in the minority here about my doubts of sufficient evidence to show acting in concert.) But I do think there is plenty of proof of her lying. And the lying is, IMO, clear indication of her knowledge of the crime at a point earlier than she admits.

1. When she said testified that Little Grant asked, what was that noise? She told him the chair turned over. IMO, that was probably true. But, it wasn't Laura tripping as she claimed, but Grant attacking Laura.

2. Whe Amanda testifed about the night after Grant admitted that Laura was dead in Texas. She said when I awoke the next morning......WHAT. How would anyone sleep a wink if they had just gotten that information earlier that day? Wouldn't you be too scared to sleep? You would lay wide awake all night, debating how you can escape? Right?

3. Her testimony regarding why the vehicle would be so full. Did she even know at that time that the boys would be going with them?

4. Her tears seemed real for things like her loss of money and jewelry and fear of the animals in the swamp. She even seemed really upset about Grant threatening to throw the baby out of the car window, but she didn't seem to have any kind of emotion for the death of Laura. That seems very odd to me. Wouldn't you be very upset that the boys mother is dead and dismembered? I never got that from her.

OT I have three at home and two at the office so I am familiar with litter. Another great use of it is to get 4 or 5 boxes of it to put in your trunk to weight down your rear wheel drive car on snow and ice. And come Spring you have a good supply of the stuff for all your furry babies.

All very true, Cuckoohead! We used some last week to help get someone's car out of the snow. Oh, the power of cat litter!! ;o)

We know it had to have taken GH & AH longer than just 30 min to dismember. Remember they asked Sha to keep the boys out and then AH told Sha they needed more time. These were not people skilled with using power tools. It wouldn't surprise me if they took hours to accomplish this task. They weren't "packing," they weren't "sitting around talking" (as AH claimed). They were doing dismemberment-related and concealment-related tasks for upwards of 6 hours or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momster0734