GUILTY NC - Laura Ackerson, 27, Kinston, 13 July 2011 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would recommend to those who didn't witness Sha's testimony, to view it on YouTube. It was excellent and vital to this trial. I am a huge fan of Sha. She also testified impressively at the GH trial.

Thank you, Chelly, I am going to do just that.

They would have to hear the testimony in its entirety. Jury to discuss amongst themselves if they need this testimony to move forward. JS would like an answer at the lunch break.

Transcript has not been prepared. Court reporter would need overnight to type it. JS giving jury their options now.

Oh my.

Does anyone have any insight on how this works? I mean, does anyone know what SOP is for court transcribers? Yes, I understand the woman taking the transcript is in the courtroom during the day & doesn't work over....but is there not someone else who takes what's typed during the day during court & type it out for the court records? Like a medical transcriptionist. S/he takes what the doc says & types it out for the records....we don't have someone like that in the court system?

I will be shocked if this is not a hung jury!

jmo

I missed shay's testimony in this trial, but did see it in Grants. She seemed to feel that the piece of furniture was left to both of them. Why would Amanda give it to her sister if she didn't want Grant to sell it? Why not give it to Shay?

If Amanda had left the piece of furniture in storage, there would have been no reason to take the U-Haul trailer to Texas.

During Grant's trial I remember Sha testifying that Amanda and herself were allergic to bleach and caused them headaches. Anyone else remember that? I don't think it was told in this trial.

Regarding the pre-purchase of clean up materials, I think the critical phrase is that is that it wasn't supposed to happen "like that". Murder is sometimes a lot messier than originally anticipated. I would be surprised if anyone thought that cutting up a body in an apartment bathroom over a five day period would be the perfect murder.

Yes, if they believe Baraket's "it wasn't supposed to happen like that." Or if they come to that conclusion themselves.

What if they think it was an accident b/c there is nothing in evidence to show they prepared anything for the actual killing part itself? YKWIM?

Maybe they are thinking, that if they went to such lengths to plan Laura going over there, writing the note, etc., that they would have planned for how to kill her and how to dispose of the body.

I believe that they did plan this. But there is nothing in evidence showing that (planning for the actual killing part and body disposal).

So what if they take that to mean that it could be possible that she was accidentally killed.

IDK, I am just trying to see what this jury could possibly be thinking.

Oh my.

Does anyone have any insight on how this works? I mean, does anyone know what SOP is for court transcribers? Yes, I understand the woman taking the transcript is in the courtroom during the day & doesn't work over....but is there not someone else who takes what's typed during the day during court & type it out for the court records? Like a medical transcriptionist. S/he takes what the doc says & types it out for the records....we don't have someone like that in the court system?

Court reporters transcribe their own notes. They are paid for this over and above their salary. That's where court reporters make most of their money. Wish the video could be used and I don't see why not!

Oh my.

Wasn't it long after the trial that Arias transcripts were finally available?
I know hers was a massive amount to type up, so I get it, but not sure if they do it day by day, once a week, every couple weeks, etc.

(I could be wrong though, I am sure someone who is sure will let me know!).

This just reminded me, I was a witness for a court case about a year ago in New Bern, NC. While our case was going on, a jury was deliberating on the prior case. We would have to take seats in the galley when the jury from that prior case would send the judge a question.

That jury sent the judge a message for someone's testimony & it was not prepared. He denied their request. I have to say, I was shocked that day!

During Grant's trial I remember Sha testifying that Amanda and herself were allergic to bleach and caused them headaches. Anyone else remember that? I don't think it was told in this trial.

Both Sha and Amanda discussed the bleach sensitivity on the stand in this trial.

I thought of them using a carving knife until they got close to the bone because it would be quicker. And I remember the autopsy said Laura had a knife wound and I wondered if the two hadn't been cutting her up instead of stabbing her but I do think that one of them cut her throat to bleed her out in the tub.

Sorry so graphic.

Yes, the last sentence makes a lot of sense. And IMO Amanda knew that's what they did, that's why she gave the idea to her attorney that that's what Grant did (made her bleed out so there wouldn't be as much spray). Sorry.

Court reporters transcribe their own notes. They are paid for this over and above their salary. That's where court reporters make most of their money. Wish the video could be used and I don't see why not!

I would rather just see the video also it show her anger better. I don't think the video is considered official though court record.

Does seem over-the-top. This jury is anal!

They did take notes. This jury was very very engaged and very attentive, taking notes, staring at the defendant when she testified. Several we're leaning far forward in their chairs, singularly focused. I thought one of them might topple over for leaning so far forward.

But it does feel like their attention to detail is a PITA. But that's probably because I'm positive in my own mind that she's guilty of M1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay