GUILTY NC - Lynn Jackenheimer, 33, murdered, Hatteras Island, 3 July 2012

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Law enforcement is probably waiting for a medical examiner to arrive and don't want to disturb any chance of there being evidence. not to be morose but in the heat and humidity it doesn't take long for a body to become unreconizable.

Dental records?

Re: the comment about whether this was planned ... that's an interesting possibility. It does seem well planned, right down to dropping the children off separately, giving a clue about where to find the body and then vanishing.

Just saw it on the local, N.C. channel website. I always thought he'd dumped her somewhere on the island. So sorry for the children & family. :(

They had a volatile relation that included domestic abuse and a restraining order that was no longer in effect. They had a child together. My understanding is that he wanted to show her that he had changed, and she wanted to provide a happy childhood for her son. She spoke to a friend around midnight and the friend reported that if he heard what she said, he wouldn't be happy. She was drinking sangria at the time of the call. The daughter (possibly autistic) reported that she last knew that her mother was ghost crab hunting. For all we know, she may have been repeatedly told that by Nate.

I don't think they were together, but he maybe wanted to vacation together and maybe she thought it was good for her son to spend time with his dad. Didn't she try to back out of the trip and her friends all tried to talk her out of it?

I believe the friend who spoke to Lynn on the phone was aware of plans to go ghost crab hunting. It was mentioned in an article eary on . Although that doesnt mean it was reporting correctly either.

The Panhandle of Florida is looking for Nate! I hope the State of Ohio gives him a sleep study of their own...and I'm not trying to bring up a old topic again but I found this and if you see the eyes that Nate has, and look at this picture, even though not scientifically proven at all! Ohio you are in our prayers......and praying for all of Lynn's family.

Sanpaku.jpg

OMG, I had no idea that little picture was going to post that big! I apologize, I am new at this and just learned a lesson. I just think that his eyes set him apart from all other tall, brown haired, white males his age, and I appreciate Lynn's friend in Ohio clarifying that all of his pictures looked like that.

okkaaayyy. after looking at that photo of the 'various stages of psycho' eyeballs, I'm sufficiently creeped out and will not be going to bed, as planned. I won't be able to close my eyes to fall asleep without seeing all of those crazy eyes staring back at me.

OMG, I had no idea that little picture was going to post that big! I apologize, I am new at this and just learned a lesson. I just think that his eyes set him apart from all other tall, brown haired, white males his age, and I appreciate Lynn's friend in Ohio clarifying that all of his pictures looked like that.

HOLY COW!!!!
Im awake now!! :what:

Snicky, thank you for posting additional pictures of Nate. For me, the typical driver's license pic or mug shot, easily blend together with all of the other "missing" person pics out there.
I think that natural, relaxed pictures help everyone get a better vision of him, especially if he's on the run. Like how he prefers to wear his baseball hat. Some guys like it low, some high. Some tighten the side of the bill, etc. The new ones also help paint a picture of his size and posture.
And to know how his facial hair grows, IF it grows. Some guys are full faced quick, others can only grow straggly hair after 3 weeks!
And what kind of style is he? Abercrombie? Hippie? Western? Athletic?
Does he have nervous, quirky or physical habits that could make him stand out? Nail biting, rubbing back of neck, stuttering, cracking bubblegum, whistling, chewing tobacco, etc.
Does he have a morning routine, like coffee at Starbucks, McDonalds, lunch at Burger King.
Did he pack spare clothes? If so, can anyone close identify certain articles that he may have taken? Again, ballcap, coat, shoes or boots. If he didn't take things, then he may be making purchases at some point.
He sounds athletic, maybe he's addicted to running and is going to sneak in jogs somehow with the stress that he's under. Certain personality types just can't stay cooped up.
His hair, facial hair and weight are going to start looking drastically different if he wants them to.
And the more time that goes by, he may slowly start to feel confident and make public appearances.

North Carolina authorities are trying to determine the identification of a body found Saturday afternoon, and if it is a missing Ashland, Ohio woman.

Around 4:30 p.m . Saturday, a body was found by a construction worker in Frisco, North Carolina at Frisco Rd and Gun on Highway 12, about 30 minutes from where Lynn Jackenheimer was last seen. "He got out of his vehicle and checked what appeared to be something in a bag," said Dare County, North Carolina Sheriff Doug Doughtie . The body was found about 50 yards from area homes.

It was just after 11:30 p.m. Saturday night when a green van traveled slow up to the crime scene tape, where a Dare County, North Carolina sheriff's deputy pulled the tape up to let the van through.

It was a van owned by Twifords Funeral Home and it carried the unidentified body to Greenville, North Carolina to be examined by a pathologist.

Dare County Sheriff Doughtie said they could not tell whether the body was male or female because of, "the condition of the body and the way it was positioned."

Read more: http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/news/lo...f-it-is-missing-ashlandoh-woman#ixzz20h6LQqNg

Major Norman Johnson of the Dare County Sheriff's Office said Sunday morning it could be as late as Monday or Tuesday when the body is identified.

The body was found beneath small trees and brush about 10-20 yards from a cull de sac. It was about 25 miles south of where she was last heard from on the night of July 3 in Salvo, N.C.

The Carolina State Bureau of Investigation processed the crime scene. It will be up to the medical examiner to make any determinations regarding the body, Johnson said.

http://www.times-gazette.com/news/article/5203336

Has there been any conclusion on the fb picture of the guy sitting on the driftwood?
Where is that picture taken in relation to where this body was found? I haven't had a chance to go back and sift through all of the posted articles and maps.

If he had preplanned this could he have secured another identity and passport and left the country?

Has there been any conclusion on the fb picture of the guy sitting on the driftwood?
Where is that picture taken in relation to where this body was found? I haven't had a chance to go back and sift through all of the posted articles and maps.

I don't know how accurate this is, but I read in the comments on an article that one of the guys in the "crew" that took the pictures had spoken to the man in the picture, and when shown a pic of Nate, said it wasn't the same guy.

That picture is taken about 20 miles north of Salvo, 45 to 50 miles north of Frisco. Salvo is very close to the center of those two locations...

How can anyone say that the body has been there for 11 days if the autopsy report hasn't been completed or released to the public?

How can anyone say that the body has been there for 11 days if the autopsy report hasn't been completed or released to the public?

I found that to be an odd statement to make, as well. he said, definitively, "the body has been out here for 11 days." I'm taking it as he meant, "IF this is LJ's body, it's been out here for 11 days." just an odd way to make that statement, IMO.

Perhaps the construction crew hasn't been to that area since before the 4th of July holiday? And they know that bag wasn't there then?

MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025
Back