GUILTY NC - Lynn Jackenheimer, 33, murdered, Hatteras Island, 3 July 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
http://www.wavy.com/dpp/news/local_news/obx-body-identified-as-lynn-jackenheimer

The warrant for Nathan Summerfield has been entered into NCIC, the national crime database, and he is listed nationally as a wanted person for this charge. The US Marshals Office, Eastern District of North Carolina, has been notified and they are assisting the US Marshals Office in Ohio and the Ashland County Sheriff’s Office in locating Nathan Summerfield,” said Sheriff J.D. "Doug" Doughtie during a Tuesday afternoon news conference.

7/17/12
From Captain W. Charles Nieman

Statement from Sheriff J. D. “Doug” Doughtie follows;

“First, I would like to thank the members of the press for coming and for all of your patience in dealing with this tragedy for the family of Lynn Jackenheimer.

The reason for this press conference is to try and keep everyone up to date on the information that we have regarding the details of this case.

The Medical Examiners Office in Greenville, NC has finished the autopsy and has ruled the cause of death as strangulation and stab wounds.

As you all are aware, the identification of Lynn Jackenheimer was made yesterday by the Medical Examiners Office.

Warrants were obtained by the Dare County Sheriff’s Office for the arrest of Nathan J. Summerfield, 27 years old, of Ashland, Ohio, for First Degree Murder.

The warrant for Nathan Summerfield has been entered into NCIC, the national crime database, and he is listed nationally as a wanted person for this charge. The US Marshals Office, Eastern District of North Carolina, has been notified and they are assisting the US Marshals Office in Ohio and the Ashland County Sheriff’s Office in locating Nathan Summerfield.”

The Sheriff took a few brief questions before the press conference adjourned.

As always, thank you all for your continued assistance and we will be sure to update you as further information becomes available.

https://www.facebook.com/darecountysheriff

How sad! Not only did he strangle her, he stabbed her. Then he put her body in a trash bag and dumped the mother of his kid like trash on the side of the road. It makes me cry just to think about it.

I live around Mansfield.....and some of the rumors on the support facebook pages have said that ns's car was found at mochian. I don't know how true it is and no news reports have came out about it....but mochian is a huge area.
it would be pretty easy to hide in mochian. Lots of places to park.

When he dropped the kids off and called his brother....he had to know he only had a short amount of time to escape to wherever. Maybe he knew his brother would call the police????? There are so many hidden places around here. Dirt roads, lakes, quarries, and cornfields. Plenty of small Amish towns and communities, and plenty of rental cabins. Lots of hunting lands open to the public. Lots of ponds.

Oh my! Lynn, I am so sorry that you had to suffer at the hands of someone that you once loved.

Nathan - GIVE YOURSELF UP!!! Stop the selfish / self-serving acts; and turn yourself in. You owe that much to your family, your friends, and mostly to Lynn, Lynn's family, and Lynn's friends. You know that she did not deserve to die by your hand. For heaven sakes, stop the pain and turn yourself in, admit what you did, and take your punishment like a man!!

:cry:

Im not sure exactly where he lived in Florida unfortunately.

As for stabbing her and straggling her :(. That changes how i pictured what had happened that night in my head completely.

As for stabbing her and straggling her :(. That changes how i pictured what had happened that night in my head completely.

I mean "overkill"... :( This is heartbreaking....stabbing, strangling & then a trash bag....He really needs to turn himself in....

His mindset may change once he hears or sees that Lynn has been found, details of her death are known and that he's wanted nationally for "first degree murder".

Just watched an updated Cleveland fox 8 news piece. The reporter said the family came back. The father said he is hoping they bring back ns dead or alive. Called him a piece of garbage. There were a few sentences about the kids and how upset they were. It made me cry.

Also, a local funeral home has donated their services. They (the family) is making the funeral plans tomorrow. Sometimes...small towns can suck...but sometimes the amazing love from everybody is awesome.

Oh man, this is so sad. Every time it happens. The horror, the sadness, never changes. I doubt he will turn himself in.

Sounds like a roid rage .........would nate be able to survive in the woods? Or is he as big of a coward as it looks?

Remember that Adam Mayes stayed in the woods with 2 little girls for DAYS without being seen or caught.

I hope that Nathan is caught soon. I have been having niggling doubts. What if his vehicle was found and not "identified"?? There have been several cases here lately where a vehicle was found (usually burning) and the agency that found the vehicle took days to find out that it was involved in a BOLO report. Could his car have already been found and towed away, but not yet identified??

Another facebook post on the help find ns.....somebody posted that a police scanner picked up a call that "possibly" ns was walking down the road in massilon (sp?) Ohio and picked that person up.

Agh...I hope they catch him soon. It's a little scary having somebody like this on the run.

Another facebook post on the help find ns.....somebody posted that a police scanner picked up a call that "possibly" ns was walking down the road in massilon (sp?) Ohio and picked that person up.

Agh...I hope they catch him soon. It's a little scary having somebody like this on the run.

Massillon? that is too freaking close to me. I have family that is going camping out at Mohican next week, so I hope they find this guy before then. :please:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marni
Back