GUILTY NC - Lynn Jackenheimer, 33, murdered, Hatteras Island, 3 July 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Why is the lady getting bashed? Seems like she did everything a good citizen should do.
The only part that stood out to me is the 911 dispatcher ok'ing the idea of the lady following him in the car. I think that was putting an innocent citizen in a dangerous situation and possibly creating one heck of a mess - not only with safety but also legalities if something had happened to her.

Why is the lady getting bashed? Seems like she did everything a good citizen should do.
The only part that stood out to me is the 911 dispatcher ok'ing the idea of the lady following him in the car. I think that was putting an innocent citizen in a dangerous situation and possibly creating one heck of a mess - not only with safety but also legalities if something had happened to her.

I don't really understand why they they are bashing her. They say she's clearly lying bc of the hoodie description. They are saying it was in hot last night and nobody would wear a hoodie.......(my 20 yr old wears them all the time)

Like I said...don't really know why, comments at the bottom of articles can get pretty scary sometimes. Lol

Being from columbus I know the area pretty well. There are alot of places to hide if you're on foot. I'm not even sure if that's where they located him there was a report of him being spotted about 2 mi. east of the apartments. It gets even more rural out there.

snicky.....I don't know where I saw this......but it was a report that he and a female were in the car pulled next to dumpster....do you know of any females missing from Ashland? I could be mistaken too many long nights with out much sleep. I find a little weird that he still has his car with the same plates and meets a girl while he's on the run. If was was staying on back roads he very easily could've ended up where he was. We just have to keep spreading the word and looking.

no it was him alone, no one was with him

there is a rumor around town that a local girl lives in that apt complex, but as of now just a rumor....i'm sure the US Marshals will be checking into just who does live in that complex & if they have any ties to Ashland &/or Nate....these men hunt killers for a living

IMO...I think the cops are keeping a tight lip on this. I think they have his car. I think they are getting close and slipping the noose right around nate's neck.

agree 100% with this...they are onto him i feel for sure

I don't really understand why they they are bashing her. They say she's clearly lying bc of the hoodie description. They are saying it was in hot last night and nobody would wear a hoodie.......(my 20 yr old wears them all the time)

Like I said...don't really know why, comments at the bottom of articles can get pretty scary sometimes. Lol

i listened to Columbus police scanners all night....numerous other instances/crimes were going on through out the night & morning where gentleman were described wearing hoodies...its more of a fashion/ statement thing these days but do agree that damn, it's awful hot for that right now...to each their own i suppose

there is another witness who spotted him last night on 71, near rt 270 exit, that has been put in contact with the US Marshals office in Columbus

this sighting was before the apartment sighting for those who will ask

After re-reading the newspaper story I believe that Nate has spent time there before, and LE has reasons to believe he could be in that area. There is nothing in the story to indicate exactly what those reasons might be.
If its only because he had frequented those areas in the past, it seems like a stretch. Maybe they don't want to say why they have this idea - but want people in that area to be on the lookout.
Also, these areas are only a couple hours drive from Columbus. It would be easy for NS to be seen in Columbus one night and be up near the lake a few hours later.

If LE knows what area he's in it's risky to announce it. On one hand, it gets people there to pay more attention. On the other, it could tip him off and cause him to go somewhere else.

NS seemed to be computer-savvy and I wouldn't be surprised if he is watching all the online chatter from his hiding spot(s). If so: >>>>

NATE SUMMERFIELD,

Do yourself a favor and turn yourself in. How do you expect this to turn out well? It's not going to. The best you can hope for is to take responsibility for your actions. Get a good lawyer, but spare us the trial. Come clean about what you did and deal with the consequences. That's what a real man would do.

You can't run forever. You will be caught. It is never too late to start doing things right. The best thing you can do now - while you still have a choice - is to walk into the nearest police station with your hands held high and turn yourself in.

he's going down soon

I hope he's sh*!!*ng himself with fear

Welcome to Websleuths, dstampfli!

:greetings:

:fireworks:

Thanks AnonymousD!

I've followed several cases on this site for a long time. This one's pretty close to home for me. I grew up in Ashland. Didn't know Lynn Jackenheimer or this "boyfriend" killer, but I am completely sickened about this murder. I cannot even imagine how someone could be so cold. He murdered the mother of his child and stuffed her in a trash bag?!

This guy doesn't deserve to be walking around free - however uncomfortable it is for him at the moment. It's going to get much worse - and quickly. His freedom is already gone. The only "good" thing he can do now is to end the manhunt for the sake of Lynn's children and family. He needs to take responsibility for what he did.

We can only hope and pray that the two children were fast asleep and didn't see anything. Their lives have been messed up enough!

http://www.wavy.com/dpp/news/crime/source-blood-found-in-obx-cottage

Blood found in cottage and shower curtain missing. Sigh.

snicky...there might be something in this article to add to your amazing timeline you have going.

Summerfield reportedly dropped off a key to the cottage some time between 5:30 p.m. July 5 and 8:30 p.m. July 6. The cottage was a Sunday through Sunday rental, but Summerfield checked out early.

I'm so glad this fugitive hunt finally seems to be picking up some speed. I know this story is talked about a lot here in Mansfield....but my BIL just heard about it yesterday in Kentucky.

Authorities said murder suspect Nathan Summerfield has no ties to Columbus, despite several reported sightings.

Andrew Deserto, assistant chief deputy with the U.S. Marshals Northern Ohio Violent Fugitive Task Force, said Summerfield has relatives in Pennsylvania and Florida, in addition to Ohio.

"I've heard some mention of West Virginia as well," he said.

Several Columbus residents came forward with suspected sightings of Summerfield in the last couple of days, but police could not confirm any of them.

"Part of it is there's an official warrant, and a photo has been sent out," Deserto said of the rash of reports. "That's sparked up a bit of attention.

"All it takes is that one perfect phone call or that one great lead."

http://www.wavy.com/dpp/news/crime/source-blood-found-in-obx-cottage

The hoodie was a disguise which he may have to abandon now that it's out. NS used it to cover his hair and his profile. If he walked with his head down, he would be anonymous.

Good Friend of Lynn's, now following your thread here. Great Website!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marni
Back