NC NC - Madalina Cojocari, 11, reported Missing Dec 2022 three Weeks After Last Seen, Cornelius, *Parents Arrested* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Unalienable Rights

Reaction score
1671201300428.png

Cornelius Police Facebook:

PRESS RELEASE - Cornelius Police Seek Assistance Locating Missing Juvenile

On December 15, 2022, at approximately 1:12 p.m., the Cornelius Police Department began investigating a missing person’s report involving a juvenile. The parents of the juvenile reported the juvenile missing to the Bailey Middle School SRO where the juvenile attends school. The juvenile was last seen at home, on the evening of November 23, 2022, and has not been seen since.

This is an active investigation, and the police department is asking the public for any information they may have on the whereabouts of Madalina Cojocari. She is an 11-year-old white female. She weighs approximately 90 pounds. She was last seen wearing jeans, pink, purple and white Adidas shoes, and a white t-shirt and jacket.

Anyone with information regarding the whereabouts of Madalina Cojocari is asked to please contact the Cornelius Police Department at 704-892-7773 or the North Mecklenburg Crimestoppers at 704-896-7867. You can remain anonymous.

Thread #1

Last edited by a moderator:
If Diana truly looked for Madalina in the neighblur hood, night and day, as she (or relatives) claim, surely there is Ring Doorbell or other camera footage to support that. Yet no one has come forward with such footage. Some of the neighbours are here on WS and some on the Facebook group about M’s disappearance. The only thing brought forward by neighbours was that burning went on, in the back yard went on for days.
T
DC’s claims stink. One minute claims she fears going out, because of being followed, the next saying she searched night and day?
DC is not believable.

If Diana truly looked for Madalina in the neighblur hood, night and day, as she (or relatives) claim, surely there is Ring Doorbell or other camera footage to support that. Yet no one has come forward with such footage. Some of the neighbours are here on WS and some on the Facebook group about M’s disappearance. The only thing brought forward by neighbours was that burning went on, in the back yard went on for days.
T
DC’s claims stink. One minute claims she fears going out, because of being followed, the next saying she searched night and day?
DC is not believable.
Yes, burning furniture in the backyard for days does not match with a frantic mom searching the neighborhood night and day for a missing child, whom one never reports missing.

T
DC is not believable.
That's a good point re: Ring footage. Could back up claims of a search or other details.

What was all the burning in the backyard about, do you all think? All I can come up with is burning things with blood on them, which I hate the thought of. But the burning went on for days, I think? I don't get it.

What was all the burning in the backyard about, do you all think? All I can come up with is burning things with blood on them, which I hate the thought of. But the burning went on for days, I think? I don't get it.
I think the burning was to destroy evidence of crime, IMO something happened on that couch. It’s perplexing how did they think it’s a good idea to burn things in the backyard when their child is missing. Doesn’t seem to be a very smart thing to do and it’s impossible to hide a fire from neighbours. Really suspicious.

I think something happened on the couch there was blood/ dna/ bodily fluids left and it had to be destroyed. Other items were used to clean up the crime eg towels, clothes, carpets etc etc I
I still don’t understand how it would burn for days.

I wonder if they had another couch in the house or burned the only one they had and what other items were missing from the house.

All IMO

I think the burning was to destroy evidence of crime, IMO something happened on that couch. It’s perplexing how did they think it’s a good idea to burn things in the backyard when their child is missing. Doesn’t seem to be a very smart thing to do and it’s impossible to hide a fire from neighbours. Really suspicious.

I think something happened on the couch there was blood/ dna/ bodily fluids left and it had to be destroyed. Other items were used to clean up the crime eg towels, clothes, carpets etc etc I

I wonder if they had another couch in the house or burned the only one they had and what other items were missing from the house.

All IMO
If it turns out the couch had nothing to do with it, it can be possible they used the chair to put on top of the things they didn’t want people to see. It’s possible they thought a couch would burn slowly & cover up what they were burning. Just keeping all options open.

Does anyone know if fire maybe has a special meaning in their religion? Another option.

Finally catching up on all posts here. Such a frustrating case.
While I always find it hard to believe mothers can fail their children so massively-in their case-IMO-I think DC- is using CP as an excuse to her family-at least to some extent. The conversations with her sister, to me, seem more like ones where she is trying to explain herself to her family and making excuses for herself, telling them stories about things she SHOULD have done. If this version was true, as pointed out, someone would have seen her or spoken to her, but also, would she now be not assisting police or cooperating with information on where her daughter could be? Just too many red flags to me.
I do also wonder(like it was previously mentioned)-has the MI trip by CP been validated? Who saw him, what route did he take, did any of those people see her, was his car seen on any toll sites-alone or not, has LE looked at their cell phone data and pings compares to their stories…
I do wonder-did MC have a phone? I secretly hope she did and maybe called a trusted person who removed her from the home to get her to a safe place. I know it’s probably more of a pipe dream.
So many questions and nobody talking, kind of reminds me of Hailey Dunn-except IIRC her mom and step dad kept talking and giving way too many versions to cover for themselves and each other.

I came upon these articles this morning while reading on MC -I don’t recall them here, but apologies if they’re duplicate.

This one talks about how DC claims CP put them in danger. It also touches on a spot in the kitchen covered by plywood-seems kind of hunky, but made me wonder if the parents used it to punish MC and referred to it as “hiding” her.

This link was on a page of a family member of CP staying it was the P family who wrote the letter.
This person also has a separate post where they make reference to MC being her cousin and that the family believes she is “somewhere between Michigan and North Carolina.” I’m not sure if it’s allowed to post this here?

That's a good point re: Ring footage. Could back up claims of a search or other details.
I think Ring recycles. May no longer be relevant.
If it turns out the couch had nothing to do with it, it can be possible they used the chair to put on top of the things they didn’t want people to see. It’s possible they thought a couch would burn slowly & cover up what they were burning. Just keeping all options open.

Does anyone know if fire maybe has a special meaning in their religion? Another option.
The majority of Moldova is Orthodox Christian.

I think Ring recycles. May no longer be relevant, although probably Ring tech could get older pics.
I would also wonder if there are people who have other systems. We’ve never had ring hit have used others, most recently a combination of Arlo & SimpliSafe. We had motion detected video -each are different but allow you to set how you want them saved. I know the ones we had outside, we had saved up to a month. We have them also saved back to the providers. I hope LE has looked into those with people in the neighborhood.

DC is not believable.
RSBM

Agree completely.

I believe DC about as much as I believe Diane Downs.

Imagine a desperate woman ringing your bell, asking if you’d seen her 11 year old daughter who is missing. Wouldn’t someone drop everything to help search? Call 911, even if the woman asked them not to? Offer safety if she said she was afraid of her husband (who was supposedly in MI at the time of the desperate search)?

MOO

My two cents and assuming MC is no longer with us: It seems DC told her family a convoluted mix of truth and lies, to get their support and advice while minimizing her own involvement.

If the backyard fires went on for days, my guess is they burned the body there along with the incriminating items.

I'd also guess that DC was a victim of domestic abuse but that whatever was going on in her mind because of it won't be enough to excuse her legally for her part in this, which she realizes.

It seems a common thought on here that DC and CP didn't communicate well with each other but I'm not sure about that. After all, isn't just agreeing to claim not to know anything a solid strategy if you're trying to get away with a crime. It does look like all they've got on them so far is failure to report a missing child, which is far less severe than murder charges. (Personally, I doubt they'll be any match for LE in the end, though).

One more thing, if it's true, is DC telling her sister she woke up feeling the after effects of being drugged. I wonder if that's a clue about how this may have happened, if MC was drugged too.

All MOO

Last edited:

All IMO
Most upholstered furniture made since the 1970s has been fire-proofed with chemicals to make it harder to burn. You can still burn it, but you'll need a lot of accelerant and time.

RSBM

Agree completely.

I believe DC about as much as I believe Diane Downs.

Imagine a desperate woman ringing your bell, asking if you’d seen her 11 year old daughter who is missing. Wouldn’t someone drop everything to help search? Call 911, even if the woman asked them not to? Offer safety if she said she was afraid of her husband (who was supposedly in MI at the time of the desperate search)?

MOO
Absolutely. This all didn't happen. If I were that neighbor, I would have called the police myself. I think most people would have? I have done something similar multiple times before- you can even call the local PD non-emergency number. I've called for welfare checks on family members when they were being non-responsive, I've called for a welfare check when someone in our neighborhood was blocking traffic and seemed to be having some type of problem. Once we called for a great aunt in Florida (during the era of land lines) and it turns out her phone got unplugged and she was so happy the nice police officer helped her set it back up.

I know there are situations maybe you don't want to call 911 but if I feel like someone is in actual danger and there's even a small chance that help can be had, I do it. I DGAF if it makes me the nosy neighbor or the pushy daughter-in-law. I don't want it on my conscience that I failed to help when I could have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper