NC NC - Madalina Cojocari, 11, reported Missing Dec 2022 three Weeks After Last Seen, Cornelius, *Parents Arrested* #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not what I expected but it leaves a door open that Madalina may still be alive, and explains her mother's silence.

JMO
Soooo relieved and hopeful to see this taking a turn towards my initial feeling (and posted theory). This sweet girl could be alive and safe somewhere after all.
it's a possibility that she was completely unaware of the relative's drug connections.
It is also possible the same relative was in her car while carrying drugs, without her knowledge.
But why was the relative in her car if his or her contact was about fleeing her husband?
The child was missing pre Dec 2.

If the mother knew something about the child's status at that time, what is it that she knew?
If she knew the child was gonee forever she could have just walked out and away, no rescue needed, just some cash for flights or whatever.

Presumably cadaver dogs have been all over the car which suggests that if said relative was a passenger his or her role is not likely to have included the transport of an already dead child.

Then again she could have agreed to allow herself to be used as a drug mule in exchange for the protection of the child who is possibly being kept hidden by a criminal organisation with powerful connections.. Speculating.
That would explain the silence.
That would explain how the relative's contacts would have been known before it came up when they checked her phone against known contacts.

If there was just some way to know the content of those calls all would be solved.
BBM. This. ˆˆˆˆˆ. JMO.

Soooo relieved and hopeful to see this taking a turn towards my initial feeling (and posted theory). This sweet girl could be alive and safe somewhere after all.

BBM. This. ˆˆˆˆˆ. JMO.
not if this is correct though. NC - NC - Madalina Cojocari - Reported Missing 3 Weeks After Last Seen - Parents Arrested - Cornelius #2
This states multiple contacts with drug affiliated persons, plural/
If it is accurate.

..then again muling is never just bringing some drugs for a ride before bringing them home again..
I wonder what kind of drugs ?
muling for them there would mean more than one contact.. A simple drop off address should have sufficed.
why did it not and what does that tell us about the nature and size of this circle of 'drug contacts'?
But it's mere speculation on my part.

During that conversation, Diana had “extensive communication” with the distant relative, who has been connected to ongoing T3 drug/narcotic trafficking investigations.

So what is a T3 drug trafficking investigation.
This brought me to look at T visas

T nonimmigrant status is a temporary immigration benefit that enables certain victims of a severe form of trafficking in persons) to remain in the United States for an initial period of up to 4 years if they have complied with any reasonable request for assistance from law enforcement in the detection, investigation, or prosecution of human trafficking or qualify for an exemption or exception. T nonimmigrant status is also available to certain qualifying family members of trafficking victims. T nonimmigrants are eligible for employment authorization and certain federal and state benefits and services. T nonimmigrants who qualify may also be able to adjust their status and become lawful permanent residents (obtain a Green Card).

More about T visas T Category Visa USA | T1, T2, T3, T4 Visa | Make Visas.

More here

• T-3 visa is for the children of the T-1 visa holder, which can be proven with a valid birth certificate.
ETA Child trafficking?
Is this what we're looking at? Child is mule?

Investigators went through phone records. The report shows they found “multiple” calls to phone numbers belonging to suspects of drug trafficking investigations.

In the search of the Toyota Prius on February 13th, investigators found Romanian and Moldovan passports for Madalina Cojocari, a Romanian passport for Diana Cojocari, and a debit card belonging to Diana from a Moldovan bank
So, this little girl goes missing late November.

After she goes missing, mom has phone convos with sketchy distant family with connections to bad folks, about, specifically, making herself and her daughter essentially... go missing.
Except for Madalina, that's already happened.

Then... roughly 3 months after this girl goes missing, LE finds passports for both mom and daughter, as well as a debit card, in mom's car. Maybe it's just me thinking this is ludicrous but, how many parents keep their and their kid's passports... in the car?

This entire case has been sketchy from day 1.

The fact that Madalina had a Romanian passport, apart from a Moldovan one, reminded me again of zero available info about her biological father. Why? Romania is part of the European Union and a NATO country and has one of the most severe citizenships-related laws in Europe. It's almost impossible for a Moldovan national to get Romanian citizenship for his/her child unless the other biological parent gives consent. Moreover, it's not that easy to obtain a Romanian passport for a child, too. First, both parents need to produce their passports and written consent at the respective Romanian consulate in order to get the "certificate of citizenship" (certificatul de cetatenie"). Based on this certificate of citzenship, the Moldovan parents will have to apply for a child's birth certificate (certificatul de nastere), and if approved, the Romanian consulate (in the country where the parents reside and NOT in Romania) will issue this child's birth certificate. And only then the Moldovan parents can apply for Romanian passport for their child. Sorry for too many legal details, but again, it would be extremely difficult for DC to get all these documents together without Madalina's biological father. And zero info about him. Moldovan social media is full of info about DC's family, <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:

BBM. This. ˆˆˆˆˆ. JMO.
This has been my (posted) theory too.
Well my theory was that something sketchy was going on and money may have been owed and DC hid Madalina or she was taken by these people as collateral, and DC and possibly CP were told not to say anything or they would harm her.
The new situation is similar but the different reporting is confusing. One said that DC was in extensive conversation on the 2nd December and another says it was the distant relative (who LE had interviewed) that was having extensive conversations. Both scenarios put different spins on it
JMO

During that conversation, Diana had “extensive communication” with the distant relative, who has been connected to ongoing T3 drug/narcotic trafficking investigations.

T nonimmigrant status is a temporary immigration benefit that enables certain victims of a severe form of trafficking in persons) to remain in the United States for an initial period of up to 4 years if they have complied with any reasonable request for assistance from law enforcement in the detection, investigation, or prosecution of human trafficking or qualify for an exemption or exception. T nonimmigrant status is also available to certain qualifying family members of trafficking victims. T nonimmigrants are eligible for employment authorization and certain federal and state benefits and services. T nonimmigrants who qualify may also be able to adjust their status and become lawful permanent residents (obtain a Green Card).

More here

• T-3 visa is for the children of the T-1 visa holder, which can be proven with a valid birth certificate.

The fact that Madalina had a Romanian passport, apart from a Moldovan one, reminded me again of zero available info about her biological father. Why? Romania is part of the European Union and a NATO country and has one of the most severe citizenships-related laws in Europe. It's almost impossible for a Moldovan national to get Romanian citizenship for his/her child unless the other biological parent gives consent. Moreover, it's not that easy to obtain a Romanian passport for a child, too. First, both parents need to produce their passports and written consent at the respective Romanian consulate in order to get the "certificate of citizenship" (certificatul de cetatenie"). Based on this certificate of citzenship, the Moldovan parents will have to apply for a child's birth certificate (certificatul de nastere), and if approved, the Romanian consulate (in the country where the parents reside and NOT in Romania) will issue this child's birth certificate. And only then the Moldovan parents can apply for Romanian passport for their child. Sorry for too many legal details, but again, it would be extremely difficult for DC to get all these documents together without Madalina's biological father. <modsnip>
Is there an emergency protocol had she been fleeing persecution or abuse that would have expedited that process for her at all?

Last edited by a moderator:
The fact that LE found a Moldovan debit card (it's understood I hope: issued by a Moldovan bank and not American) also speaks volumes. Why? The answer is obvious: Diana BADLY needed money. Someone in Moldova would deposit money on her dollars account at the bank that issued this debit card so that she can withdraw the funds in USA. CP wouldn't give her the money and I doubt they had a joint bank account. The Moldovan bank system is not that strict like in the USA. You can simply tell the bank clerk that you want to deposit money on your "friend's or relative's" bank account and it's done, especially if that account has a negative balance.

More here

Is there an emergency protocol had she been fleeing persecution or abuse that would have expedited that process for her at all?
Yes, there is, especially under the European Union's legislation, but I don't think this is the case. DC just "happily married" an American citizen and wanted to bring the child with her to the US. By the way, that's a good question, everyone calls CP "step father". Is there a legal document that would confirm that? I doubt that Madalina is an American citizen. So the only possibility is that DC gave him "custody" over the child.

Yes, there is, especially under the European Union's legislation, but I don't think this is the case. DC just "happily married" an American citizen and wanted to bring the child with her to the US. By the way, that's a good question, everyone calls CP "step father". Is there a legal document that would confirm that? I doubt that Madalina is an American citizen. So the only possibility is that DC gave him "custody" over the child.
or that she is claiming she was trafficked by him? Ergo entitled to a T visa?
The perrson she was in contact with was flagged due to a T3 drugs trafficking investigation. A T3 is a child visa issued to a T1 parent...?

Here we are:
"Title III of the Omnibus Crime Control and Safe Streets Act of 1968, (Pub. L. 90-351; 6/19/68), also known as the "Wiretap Act":

• prohibits the unauthorized, nonconsensual interception of "wire, oral, or electronic communications" by government agencies as well as private parties,
  • establishes procedures for obtaining warrants to authorize wiretapping by government officials, and
  • regulates the disclosure and use of authorized intercepted communications by investigative and law enforcement officers."

Title III of The Omnibus Crime Control and Safe Streets Act of 1968 (Wiretap Act)

Can we access the actual unsealed warrants at all?
i'm in Europe and most of the local news sites geoblocking Europeans.

The court records related to the search of Cojocari’s car are dated Feb. 13 and 14.

Investigators searched Diana Cojocari’s green 2008 Toyota Prius and seized Madalina’s Moldovan and Romanian passports, Diana’s Romanian passport, a Moldovan debit card, and “miscellaneous education certificates and work documents,” court records indicate. All of these items were found in the car’s center console, police wrote.

this provides a different slant

Drug trafficking connection?​

In addition to the K-9 search of the car, the relative Diana Cojocari was in contact with made “multiple” calls to numbers belonging to “unidentified targets” involved in ongoing narcotic trafficking investigations, police told a judge in applying for a search warrant.

Detectives state in the warrant application it’s possible “persons associated with narcotics activity are also associated with human smuggling.”

The request for smuggling is making no sense unless she had absolutely no money at all, in which case all she needed to just leave with her daughter any time she chose was some money . He was away quite often so it's not like she was a prisoner, she had their passports.

need to see the actual warrants.

What a turn of events! Wiretaps and smuggling connections!

I can't imagine a mother placing a young daughter in the hands of drug smugglers to deliver her to safety. But,I know desperate people do desperate things. Hope this recent news is just the tip of the iceberg and more is coming soon.
moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member