Found Deceased NC - Maddox Ritch, 6 w/Autism, Gastonia, 22 Sept 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who? Can you provide a link? That would be awesome if someone did see him there besides the father and friend.

I read an article two days ago that a woman in the park was approached by Maddox. She stated he said nothing when asked where his parents were, and quickly left.
I could look for the link, but have no idea where to find it.

After watching the update, and hearing he ran toward the office and boat ramp, I wonder if he could have crawled into a trunk, boat, etc. It would be so tragic if someone opened their trunk or boat in two weeks and found he had been in their yard all along.
ALSO, there was a case locally where a child stepped on a manhole cover outside a fast food restaurant;it flipped up, swallowed the child, fell back in place. If the dad who was only feet away had not seen it happen, they would have had no idea where that child went. Sewer covers? Manhole covers? in the area of the office or boat ramp?

It has been reported that hundreds of people were in the park that day. How many of them saw Maddox’s Dad and the unidentified adult with him chasing through the park, frantically calling his name?

I guarantee that if I saw frantic parents running and frantically searching for a child I would be helping them search.

I don't know how things are in the south anymore (I grew up not far from Gastonia- still have family there, but have been in NY for 18 years now), but here people don't stop and help. People walk by. People look at their phones. People here do not want to be bothered. Sure, you get a random stranger who may stop once in a while, but most people do not.
I don't find it that strange. Most people don't want to involve themselves. It is the vast majority of society today that turns a blind eye.

News on in CLT now. They’re looking in manholes (had photos showing that), drainpipes with dogs, businesses. They are working throughout the night.
Glad to hear this because I am sitting here worrying about that. Children have also fallen in pipes and wells you would never think they would fit in, and it's very possible there are all kinds of pipes, drains, sewer covers, etc. around a park office, dam, boat ramp. Please keep us updated.

Neuropathy is not just painful. It is also NUMBNESS. You ever tried running when your foot is asleep? Could you just "run through that" to chase someone? It just doesn't work that way unfortunately.
Snipped for brevity

Fully understand what you're saying.
And I haven't had this medical issue so I cannot relate , thank goodness.

The point of my post was that it was strange that he chose a park to let his child run around in , knowing that he couldn't run after Maddox if he ran off and out of sight.
Unless one had another person to help keep up with him.

The interview with the park employee was disheartening. He sounded more upset than the dad - that is the gist of what I understood by that intervew IMO. He didn't think the dad was too worried?
Watching dad's interview, the feeling I got was he doesn't fully grasp the gravity of the situation. He did seem worried...just not, my kids been missing 4 days worried. It could be some extreme denial or god forbid some really bad acting. I'm leaning more towards denial at this point but man, something was off.

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>
I was

Why would they be wearing "work shirts" on an outing in the park with Maddox?
<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

Why would they be wearing "work shirts" on an outing in the park with Maddox?
I was just making an educated guess based on the 911 call where the dad was "wearing a yellow shirt" and the "mom" who we know was a female friend was "wearing a yellow shirt too". I think the dad works for a grocery store and it is standard here for grocery employees to all wear bright colorful identical shirts. Maybe they had been at work before picking Maddox up.

from press conference today FBI Chief Welsh
"Search today is evidence grid search looking for any evidence that may have been left behind."

Reporter "Do you have any reason to doubt the fathers story?
transscribed answer:
Welsh (sighs) "I would say that uh we've worked very hard with him and with the uh his Maddox's mom and uh we feel very confident that a lot of the information that they provided to us is accurate and it's helped us in a great deal in finding out where the last place we saw Maddox."

My opinion only is that he danced around this question and worded it strangely.

So I keep questioning why he said the last place we saw Maddox instead of they? Can someone confirm my transcript. I don’t know what it means but his whole answer bothers me.

I don't know how things are in the south anymore (I grew up not far from Gastonia- still have family there, but have been in NY for 18 years now), but here people don't stop and help. People walk by. People look at their phones. People here do not want to be bothered. Sure, you get a random stranger who may stop once in a while, but most people do not.
I don't find it that strange. Most people don't want to involve themselves. It is the vast majority of society today that turns a blind eye.

Here in the midwestern states I think people tend to help strangers. Flat tires along the highway, parents looking for lost children, children looking for parents, lost pets, etc, people just jump in and help.

There was a lost dog on the run a year or so ago, many sightings over an area of several square miles. It had been on the run for two weeks when the owner asked a couple of neighbors to help. People saw them walking through neighborhoods calling the dog’s name, and when they found out they were looking for a dog they joined in the search. Over a hundred strangers helped find and safely capture the dog on a very cold, rainy night. I was there, and it was so rewarding when the owner and dog were reunited.

Yes, it’s reported that he (Ian) said that re: 2 tests. I didn’t catch what WCNC reporter said. She might just be sharing what she heard, not what LE told her.
BBM

Good point : Kind of a difference, there.

A quick google search is only showing the dad saying he took two lie detector tests and passed. I don’t see this confirmed by LE anywhere.
I think you are right. I also noticed when WCNC was on at 11pm, some of photos they used are from FBI Charlotte (Twitter). Just FYI. Not a lot of new news right now it seems.

BBM

Good point : Kind of a difference, there.
I’ve found the news folks here are quite different let’s just say than a bigger city I lived in before here. I’m skeptical sometimes.

Here in the midwestern states I think people tend to help strangers. Flat tires along the highway, parents looking for lost children, children looking for parents, lost pets, etc, people just jump in and help.

There was a lost dog on the run a year or so ago, many sightings over an area of several square miles. It had been on the run for two weeks when the owner asked a couple of neighbors to help. People saw them walking through neighborhoods calling the dog’s name, and when they found out they were looking for a dog they joined in the search. Over a hundred strangers helped find and safely capture the dog on a very cold, rainy night. I was there, and it was so rewarding when the owner and dog were reunited.
Here in New England, we're not known to be the friendliest, so to speak. However, I feel in my New Englander heart, that I can honestly say, if someone was screaming because they could not catch their child, or they couldn't find them, we'd all group together quickly, decide fast who was going in what direction, and we'd take off running to look for that child- even teens around here would try to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay