Found Deceased NC - Maddox Ritch, 6 w/Autism, Gastonia, 22 Sept 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dad maybe forgot to add that... or he didn't think it was relevant ?
Except that if you're unable to run-- the last place you want to take your energetic child is a park.
Kids love to run !

BBM

If Maddox dad knew he liked to run and hide, why take him to a park/open area where it would be difficult to keep up with him ?
Even if it hurts-- if your child runs off-- you don't think about it-- you just RUN and forget your discomfort.

Although maybe the friend was supposed to help watch Maddox and catch up with him if he ran out of sight ?

Trying to understand this in the light of new revelations.

Was it in the presser that the dad said he emptied his pockets and gave his stuff to the person with him so that he could run after Maddox? So I don't think it was the other person who was doing most of the running.

Like you've said, maybe he just ran through the pain barrier to look for his son?

Why would someone take a date on an excursion to harm their child?
I don’t think this is the case, but it would be the perfect planned alibi. My observation was that the park employee didn’t feel the fathers reaction was fitting to the situation. What it all means I don’t know.

Why did the park employee go back to the office to call 911? Didn’t they all have cellphones on them? Why the delay? The park employee didn’t even know Maddox’s name. It seems like wasted time when time was of the essence.

there wasn't (see post 732). But, some days, you have to pick your battles.

It's much more salacious this way. See how the focus has shifted? disgusting.

The focus has indeed shifted on news sites and sm.
But not here.

Thanks to all WS'rs who are contributing here to help finding Maddox.

Ian's living situation does not matter in the light of a missing child.
But if he brought another person to help watch Maddox-- it would have been prudent as Ian himself states he cannot run.

Yea...it seems to be changing. I did my flow map from the first statements of closer to end and 911 said dock. Now I read he was going towards parking lot? I dont know anymore.

The changing information is really strange. I think 3 different areas have been reported as the direction Maddox was headed. That he was headed toward the parking lot was a new one that I hadn’t heard until today.

So much time wasted before the 911 call, and in possibly searching the wrong places or direction. If it had been stated from the start that he was last seen headed toward the parking lot an abduction scenario might have been considered more than water or lost/hiding in the woods.

Was it in the presser that the dad said he emptied his pockets and gave his stuff to the person with him so that he could run after Maddox? So I don't think it was the other person who was doing most of the running.

Like you've said, maybe he just ran through the pain barrier to look for his son?

Wait what? He stopped and emptied his pockets? That’s super weird. Why would he do that?

Signed,
A runners mom who has had to go back numerous times to find my stuff

BBM

I was speaking in the general sense..... sorry if I wasn't clear. :)

As far as I know and have read here in this forum ... dad (Ian) says "...he watched Maddox run until he was out of sight...".
I was under the impression that Ian didn't pursue him at first.
So maybe it was the woman he was with who did the running ?
I don't know.

At first I thought it was in the park by the woods... but now maybe towards the edge of the park and into a parking lot ?

I believe the father, but I can't see him being lost either after not being found in 5 days. I have never heard the term "evidence based search" used before & it sent chills through me, so I agree it doesn't sound like a rescue either. With the CARD team being brought in, does lead me to wonder about if this could be a 'rare' stranger abduction. In Deorr's (Kuntz) case I never bought that theory as the area was too remote for an abductor to be hanging out waiting for a child to kidnap, but in this case it is a public park so it is conceiveable a child maybe alone for whatever reason in the park.

Wait what? He stopped and emptied his pockets? That’s super weird. Why would he do that?

Signed,
A runners mom who has had to go back numerous times to find my stuff
BBM

??? I know, right ?
What was in his pockets ? (lol, I feel like Gollum here)
Phone ? (wouldn't want to drop that)
San Disc ? Ipod ?(anyone still use those?)
Snacks for Maddox ?

BBM

??? I know, right ?
What was in his pockets ? (lol, I feel like Gollum here)
Phone ? (wouldn't want to drop that)
San Disc ? Ipod ?(anyone still use those?)
Snacks for Maddox ?

I don't know if he's trying to say he couldn't run because his pockets were full of stuff so he emptied them so he could run better? I would probably drop my purse because it usually weighs around 20 pounds but I can't imagine anyone carrying anything that heavy in their pockets that's better thrown on the floor.

I don't know...I was thinking maybe he had loose change in his pocket? A phone he didn't want to fall out?

But let’s think about this logically.

Your kid is drowning, do you take out your phone to make sure it doesn’t get ruined?! No! You forget it’s even there. He let M run off ahead of him til he couldn’t see him, knowing he doesn’t talk, but didn’t follow immediately after, fast? And stopped to empty his pockets??

During the presser today, Ian Ritch said “I started worrying once I got back and didn’t see him anymore..”

Any ideas on what he meant by this? Where was Ian getting back from when Maddox went missing?

It’s at approx at the 3:10 minute mark of the presser video.
The Gaston Gazette
Yes. I heard it too. I’m gonna try to transcript the interview.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3