Found Deceased NC - Maddox Ritch, 6 w/Autism, Gastonia, 22 Sept 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was mentioned here before that the Dad could be autistic himself. Add diabetes and you could explain alot of his behaviour.jmo

Yes, but that was a couple of posters speculation that he might have autism himself- right now, that's not a fact, so I am just going with the fact that the Dad said he is diabetic and has neurapathy, which can certainly cause some awful pain and symptoms on their own.

On a side note, I find it very bold of the park ranger to say he doesn't think that Maddox was actually there that day. He's really taking a risk, going against what the FBI and LE have stated, that there was some kind of proof that Maddox was there that day. Not to mention, he has a lot to lose, expressing his opinion- his job, his reputation, and even a potential lawsuit by the family, if Maddox is found in the park somewhere, hopefully alive. This is really knawing at me- why would he risk all of this and make such a statement,? Yet again, the FBI and LE are begging park goers to come forward and call.

BBM
In this interview, Ian says he’s taken Maddox to Rankin Lake Park before.

Ian Ritch says he and his son often go for walks in North Carolina's Rankin Lake Park like they did Saturday. Maddox, 6, will regularly run ahead of his father, then slow down and wait for him to catch up.”

Father of missing 6-year-old boy: 'I thought they would've found him'

I'm just catching up and don't know if it's been said yet, but the quote has been amended in the article now

"Ian Ritch says he and his son often go for walks, like they did in North Carolina's Rankin Lake Park Saturday. Maddox, 6, will regularly run ahead of his father, then slow down and wait for him to catch up."

So the wording no longer implies they'd walked in Rankin Lake Park before, but in other parks.

Hold on, dad Ian lives in Concord? I saw that mom Carrie lives in Concord as well. Gastonia is definitely out of the way... How long have mom and dad been separated for? If the separation is new, maybe he or she live closer to Gastonia in a rental or with a friend.

Is Rankin Lake Park a popular place? The big, well known parks that come to mind are Romare Bearden and Freedom parks. I'm southeast of Charlotte, whereas Concord is about northeast...and would have no reason to go on the complete other side of town for just any, "run of the mill" park, even to get a change of scenery.

It looks like Rankin Lake park has your standard amenities, plus the fishing and boating, but they weren't there for fishing or boating...Obviously that's not to say you can't visit a park if you're not boating, but that's strange to me that someone would drive an hour away to a park. Maybe the girlfriend lives there so it was more convenient to meet up there?

Do they regularly check out new parks? Or stick to a handful of usual ones? Why this park on that day? I would like to think that it was an innocent "throw a dart at the map" decision.

Not accusing or theorizing, just brainstorming and sharing thoughts.
I can understand the adults wanting to visit different parks. When I first moved to the town where I now live, whenever my family visited I would take them to a park -- sometimes in town or as far as 1-2 hrs away.

But, people with autism like routine. If this was out of routine for Maddox, I can see him getting very excitable, especially with a lot of strangers around. So, Maddox running off in that situation would not be unusual. And kids with autism are very fast, and very strong. Once they get away, they can be very difficult to catch (in my experience). So, he should have been closely watched, especially if this was new to him.

Maddox Ritch: FBI to use sonar equipment to search lake for missing boy

Hey all, new here been with this since the news broke . I truly hope he's found. Anybody see that LE were asking about a man with silver kayak and camouflaged hat who was loading it into his truck

Maddox Ritch: FBI to use sonar equipment to search lake for missing boy
I also saw a woman commenting that she gad been on a church picnic and had spoken to Maddox that day and that he didn't answer and she'd said he headed to the park office ..... Did anyone else read that ?

Isn't the office next to the carpark ?

I can understand the adults wanting to visit different parks. When I first moved to the town where I now live, whenever my family visited I would take them to a park -- sometimes in town or as far as 1-2 hrs away.

But, people with autism like routine. If this was out of routine for Maddox, I can see him getting very excitable, especially with a lot of strangers around. So, Maddox running off in that situation would not be unusual. And kids with autism are very fast, and very strong. Once they get away, they can be very difficult to catch (in my experience). So, he should have been closely watched, especially if this was new to him.

Bbm
If only :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members