GUILTY NC - Maggie Daniels, 31, murdered in her Newton apartment, 27 June 2014

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Steve Ohnesorge WBTV ‏@WBTVSteveO 5m

"#MaggieDaniels The first warrant says police found a broken full length mirror at Maggie's bed. Describes how body was found. Door unlocked."

https://twitter.com/WBTVSteveO/status/505344773092540416
My mind keeps going back to the door being found unlocked, especially now in relation to the possibility SO spent considerable time in the apartment after murdering Maggie. I am curious why he would have left it unlocked. Did he want her body to be found? (stupid , in my opinion) Or was he planning on re-entering the unit?

:waitasec:

MOO

My mind keeps going back to the door being found unlocked, especially now in relation to the possibility SO spent considerable time in the apartment after murdering Maggie. I am curious why he would have left it unlocked. Did he want her body to be found? (stupid , in my opinion) Or was he planning on re-entering the unit?

MOO

Maybe he was planning on re-entering and he was in her apartment for so long going through her stuff. Also, Maggie's boyfriend Marcus has shorter dreadlocks so I wonder if SO found that dreadlock in her apartment then took it and d hide it in a box. Why would he hide his own dreadlock in a box in the closet?

Maybe he was planning on re-entering and he was in her apartment for so long going through her stuff. Also, Maggie's boyfriend Marcus has shorter dreadlocks so I wonder if SO found that dreadlock in her apartment then took it and d hide it in a box. Why would he hide his own dreadlock in a box in the closet?
I believe the dreadlock was found in his own closet, not Maggie's. He was probably going to have it reattached later.

That doesn't make sense, in my opinion. Of course, him spending any amount of extra time in her apartment doesn't make sense either. Normally one would want to get out of there as quickly as possible to avoid someone else coming over and getting caught in the act. Only a perpetrator who thought he had a lot of time would stay for hours.

MOO

That doesn't make sense, in my opinion. Of course, him spending any amount of extra time in her apartment doesn't make sense either. Normally one would want to get out of there as quickly as possible to avoid someone else coming over and getting caught in the act. Only a perpetrator who thought he had a lot of time would stay for hours.

MOO

I think he was going through her stuff just because he was obsessed with her.

My thoughts exactly, birdies. I think he risked staying there, knowing even one more minute could be his downfall with LE, simply because he was obsessed with her. Handling who knows what in her private things. Hairbrush, soaps, clothing, shoes, bedclothes, etc., etc.

I have wondered if he did any "peeping" before he allegedly attacked her... That would build on his obsession & make it essentially irresistible, IMO. That last statement in no way was meant to give him a break or any whit of mitigation. Nothing, IMO, would or should. No excuses.

Her boyfriends name is Marcus De'Angleo Shuford and he has her picture up as his profile pic

https://www.facebook.com/marcus.d.shuford

Is this necessary? Maggie and Marcus were both very private people. I seriously doubt either would like his facebook being posted on a public forum for no reason. Remember this is an extremely painful time for everyone that loves Maggie. There are posts on here about the bf's semen etc that aren't even part of this case. C'mon WS.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Is this necessary? Maggie and Marcus were both very private people. I seriously doubt either would like his facebook being posted on a public forum for no reason. Remember this is an extremely painful time for everyone that loves Maggie. There are posts on here about the bf's semen etc that aren't even part of this case. C'mon WS.

I agree with the last part. I don't see why that info was necessary in the documents that were made available to the public, but I guess that's covering your bases and connecting everything found with a person.

I don't see anything wrong with the facebook page, though. Having a facebook page or any social media page is the least private thing out there these days.

So the implication is that he put the shorts back on her when he had finished, as there is evidence of semen in the rectal swabs. (sorry for being graphic. blessings to Maggie :facepalm:) Why would he put only the shorts back on her? I find that odd.

Such shocking information. The only thing I hope for Maggie is that since they found the chemical cleaning bottle near her that she was rendered unconscious before this horrendous 'man' sexually assaulted her.

He should NEVER have been out, wandering the streets with such a dangerous history. It's disgusting.

He has no, none, nada convictions in NC, according to the NC Public Safety Dept (former NC Dept. of Corrections) -- not one. :notgood: Amazing. And reading the search warrants, it looks like the victims decided not to press charges in some of the incidents, and the rest were dismissed. Not even one. Unbelievable. :stormingmad: He had a flippin' string of charges. Several having to do with rape. IIRC he did have at least one charge in Georgia (was it Georgia?).

Grrrrr.

Lucky :liar: dude. Well, sir, Karma is sitting just around the corner for you, buddy. Stick around and we'll see what happens.

:busted: ===================>> :jail:

:justice: for Maggie.

You will have to 'right click' on some of the pages of the PDF Doc's to rotate them.

WEB EXTRA: Search Warrant for Sharman Odom's apartment
http://ftpcontent4.worldnow.com/wbtv/Odom Search 1.pdf

WEB EXTRA: Search Warrant for Sharman Odom's apartment
http://ftpcontent4.worldnow.com/wbtv/Odom Search 2.pdf

The above links for PDF Doc's found here.
http://www.wbtv.com/story/26392248/da-files-for-death-penalty-search-warrants-unsealed-in-mggie-daniels-death

Chock full of info -- thanks for posting!! Probable cause has much to say.

I must say, I really look forward to S/W's since they have to include the P/Cause portion.

bbm and Blue replies below by borndem.

With so many traumatizing tragedies occurring around the same time, i.e., Robin Williams, Cooper Harris' hot car death, Kevin Ward, the riots in Ferguson, I was mentally incapable of reading the probable cause warrant until today. Just some observations....

What is the speculation on what creepy SO was doing in his vehicle between the hours of 2am and 5am that the neighbor mentioned? I am glad Maggie pulled some of his hair out. He probably suffered a full-time headache from wearing those heavy dreadlocks.

I wonder if Maggie had a gun in her bedroom. I think SO entered quietly via an unlocked door without her permission. Maybe he surprised her while she was in the bedroom. Re: the kidnapping charge, I believe he had a rope and tied her while he committed the vicious rape. Then, perhaps strangled her with it. Opinion based upon his history of tying previously-known victims. Maybe she was gagged since the neighbors did not hear any loud noises.

I doubt that she had a gun -- she left her door unlocked so that her students could enter when they pleased. She trusted them -- and too many other folks IMO, bless her. (As for me, I lock my car when it's sitting in my driveway and we're out in the woods. I do not live alone; I have an able DH, but I lock all the outside doors. Always have, always will.)

Did he bring his own can of "Scrubbing Bubbles" cleanser to the CS? Why did he redress her in the shorts?

My heart aches for Maggie to know that this cruel rapist's semen was found in her mouth and anal orifice
. Could there be any greater pain and terror?

I'm hoping that since there was a scuffle, that he had to knock her out to do what he did -- hoping that she was totally unaware of what he did to her. (My Pollyanna coming out.)

Wonder what the deal is with the yellow towel placed between her feet? Robbery is not one of the charges; however, could he have hoped to get money from her in order to get his van out of the repair shop? Does anyone think the creepy SO vacuumed her apt. after the dastardly deed? IOW, did he go in and out of her apt. after killing her.

WAT [WildAboutTrials] may live stream the Oct trial. It's one I want to watch with you guys. Team Maggie!

If it is streamed, DeDee, I'll be right there with ya! We owe it to Maggie and those who love her to stand by for her.

bbmand Blue replies above by borndem.

Chock full of info -- thanks for posting!! Probable cause has much to say.

I must say, I really look forward to S/W's since they have to include the P/Cause portion.

Correct! As I was reading the SW for SO, and how precise the detective was in describing accessing files and synchronization, etc., I realized if my computer was searched, LE might believe me to be a six year old serial killer. My 6yo granddaughter watches videos on my computer and the rest of my internet history is related to true crime.

Those of us who are, more or less, addicted to true crimes unconsciously seek surreptitious behavior in others. I feel that I can detect a sociopath within minutes of the initial introduction. It was not easy to get to this place in life for I was sheltered in my youth. I did not realize how evil some people could be. That changed after being exposed for a lengthy amount of time to a dangerous psychopath [not all psychopaths are killers].

When we study and dissect cases, we develop feelings for the victim. In a different circumstance, Maggie and I would be friends. I adore her yet we've never met. I have never heard her speak yet I know her voice and her laughter.

At age 30, sweet Maggie had not known evil. She held faith in all people, even the one who stalked her. She sought the goodness in everyone because she was naturally good. However, this tragedy showed the darkness of evil for those who knew and loved her. Their precious lives will never be the same because they have been exposed to the treachery of mankind. For Ms. Addie, I pray she and her son will find peace. The same goes for her beloved family and friends.

I will stand 100% with this family even if it's for the Death Penalty.

OMO MHO MOO

MOO

I think he left it unlocked just in case he might need to go back for something, or just to be there. IMO.

DeDee, see my post #345. Click on the 'TinyPic' link to see screen shot showing where Odom lived in proximity to Maggie's Apt.

Link to post #345
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...NC-apartment-*Arrest*&p=10807491#post10807491

Wow! Somehow I missed this very helpful post of yours, enzeder! Thanks for reminding. Yes, he could just sit in his vehicle and watch her sunbathe or whatever. Yes, the word "creepy" comes back again in describing this ~man's~ actions. <shiver and chillbumps>

I've said it before, but I'll bet a bunch that he peeped into her house at night. IMO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charity4668
Back