GUILTY NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #10 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Anyone "see" a court date hearing for him? Last one was in April (23rd).

TIA!!

Niner, in doing a District and Superior Court Query for all of NC on Kimrey, the only listing on the court calendar for Kimrey is for a speeding violation. Nothing else. Very strange.

Attachments

• 11B84B57-CC52-4B2D-BA7D-87805AC1BB9E.jpeg
    11B84B57-CC52-4B2D-BA7D-87805AC1BB9E.jpeg
    56.9 KB · Views: 6
Man accused of killing Mariah Woods pleads not guilty

>>snip

The next court date for Kimrey is scheduled for April 23, when Lee and opposing council, which includes Walter Paramore and Brooke Magnum, will meet again.

Following the hearing, Onslow County Sheriff Hans Miller confirmed the investigation remains open, which means additional charges could be coming in the case.

We see that very often -- it's very likely in this case, as in so many others -- that a trial date has not been set. Although he has been charged with those awful crimes, a court date for trial for those crimes has not been scheduled -- and murder trials, rape trials, etc. are always set in Superior Court. Not seeing a Superior Court date for the crimes that are of interest to us, is not unusual at all. It usually takes about 2 years for a 1st Deg. murder to actually be scheduled and to begin. Ver-r-r-r-ry frustrating for us here on WS.

Hey!

Hi borndem! I'm not looking for the actual trial date, just his next hearing date. I like to keep up with those too. You know I keep a list, right! LOL!

Has anyone tried Onslow County?

Thanks for answering my post Mica!

Niner, I checked every county in the state of NC for a hearing date for Kimrey for both the District and Superior Courts. The only upcoming hearing date posted for him is for a speeding violation in Onslow County. There are no hearings scheduled yet for the murder charge.

Mica
thank-you-smiley.gif

Sorry if I keep bother you! I didn't realize your post was just yesterday. The print is so small I couldn't read it! LOL!

Niner, I checked every county in the state of NC for a hearing date for Kimrey for both the District and Superior Courts. The only upcoming hearing date posted for him is for a speeding violation in Onslow County. There are no hearings scheduled yet for the murder charge.

I did the same thing! I thought maybe Carteret County which is nearby, and then I thought, well, I'll check 'em all -- and nothing. I do think hearings are scheduled, of course, but they are usually short -- having to do with little bits of what could be presented a trial, etc., and they are scheduled knowing that it will only take a few minutes, and the perp is not always present, as we all know. That's why we have such frustration...
But yes, I checked too, and there is nothing except the speeding violation that Mica found for us.
So, we wait. I can only hope that he is miserable in his temporary "home."

I've discussed this case at length with a friend of mine just lately and voiced my concerns about the current charges.
I have very strong beliefs about sentences for child murderers as some of you know. I truly believe that whomever caused this innocent little girl's death needs to be put to death.

This murder happened about sixty miles from Wilmington, my home. I have followed very closely since she was first reported missing.

I'm convinced that he disposed of her body. I'm convinced someone administered the lethal dose of chloroform. I've never believed the mother's story of being asleep while everything that happened to Mariah happened.

I'm a bit befuddled by the Capital murder charge at this time.

He obviously has not confessed to killing her or he would not be pleading not guilty, IMO. That said, what evidence could investigators have to prove beyond reasonable doubt, who it was who gave Mariah the lethal dose of chloroform? If the mother witnessed the dose being given and is a witness for the state, then why on earth could she not be charged for some of this crime? Surely the prosecutor didn't just use a she said, he said situation to charge the capital charge.

I would rather both of them be charged with this crime until it can be determined who the actual murderer is or if they are both culpable.

The way it stands right now, I'm a bit concerned about the possibility that the jury will not come to a decision or the wrong decision.

Just my thoughts right now. I'm hoping that LE has a lot more to go on than what is out there. I hope that the charges did not come too fast before all the facts are determined. I want the conviction to stand and that the murderer does not walk free at the end of the trial.

I did the same thing! I thought maybe Carteret County which is nearby, and then I thought, well, I'll check 'em all -- and nothing. I do think hearings are scheduled, of course, but they are usually short -- having to do with little bits of what could be presented a trial, etc., and they are scheduled knowing that it will only take a few minutes, and the perp is not always present, as we all know. That's why we have such frustration...
But yes, I checked too, and there is nothing except the speeding violation that Mica found for us.
So, we wait. I can only hope that he is miserable in his temporary "home."
I know that it was Onslow County where he was charged with the capital murder charge. There has been talk of moving the trial.

This is the reason I checked every county in NC. I thought it might have been moved. Nothing on the calendar for the murder charges anywhere in NC. :(
Yes, I know. Very strange. I was just pondering if there isn't anything on the calendar because it may be moved for the trial, but you are right, there should be hearings scheduled. Can't figure this out either.

I'd like to think of this as being a smoke screen, one way to get him to court with the minimum of outrage. In my dreams though.

Since Kimrey is in jail, all LE has to do is go to his cell, put him in handcuffs & shackles, put him in a van or a car, etc., and drag him into court. IMO, I think he's too big a wimp to show outrage in a courtroom.
But I like your dream-vision, too!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rsteen